Windows 10: How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...

Discus and support How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ... with UAC prompt? (sorry this didn't fit the title space) When I search the internet I keep finding tutorials, some safe, others unsafe about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brunoais, Nov 16, 2016.

1. brunoais Win User

How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...

... with UAC prompt?
    (sorry this didn't fit the title space)

When I search the internet I keep finding tutorials, some safe, others unsafe about giving administrator permissions to a user that is not an administrator. Unfortunately, all of those are also about suppressing the UAC prompt.
    In my case, I am giving that user such rights because I trust him and he needs them to do his work. I still want the UAC prompt because we want to make sure no malware or automatic script tries to run those programs itself without notice.

Thanks in advance.

:)

brunoais, Nov 16, 2016

2. How to give administrator rights to other user account to be able to use an application.

Which means it likely can be easily made to work without admin rights... As you work with the makers locally and they should know exactly what actually needs to be accessed by the users of the application and tell you what to change (also they should know
    such software writing practices are unwise, at best, and really quite difficult (making a software that REQUIRES full admin rights.))

Why the hesitation to give the name of the software, etc.?

Shenan Stanley, Nov 16, 2016
  3. How to give administrator rights to other user account to be able to use an application.

this software work with a security usb dongle

Nedahamoud, Nov 16, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

5. Barman58 Win User
    If you are using either Pro or Enterprise version of Windows 10 , you can add the user to another group than the two extremes, that appear to be the only options. Other groups are present in Windows 10 with specific access rights - between those of a standard user and an administrator, (tokenised not full *Wink )

If you go into Computer management and check out the users & groups snap-in there may be a group at a level that suits you for the user - if not you can "roll your own group" with the level of access permissions to suit your requirements.

These options are there to help in setting up of Client Server systems, so do not exist in Home versions

Barman58, Nov 16, 2016
  6. brunoais Win User
    @lx07, and then he can do anything just like an admin right? That's exactly what I didn't want to.

@Barman58, OK, I made a new group. If I change to that user and I try to run the program, it runs with those permissions but UAC prompt is not appearing... Is the UAC prompt attached exclusively to the administrator group?

brunoais, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights... - Similar Threads - access user program

2. How to Give Admin Rights To Certain Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Give Admin Rights To Certain Programs: I have 2 accounts in my system. Admin Account and Staff Account.What a want is that I have an application.exe that access certain files in file system. That files i can also directly access through File System in window through Admin Login. But Staff Account don't have access...
  3. Administrator rights for program

Administrator rights for program: My fujifilm Camera uses Finepix studio to download/load Pictures from my camera FinePics S8200 everytime I try to use it the PC says I need Administrator Privileges Code LDR0003 the upgrade reverts to an older version and does not recognise the camera [ATTACH] *...
  4. Give a user administrator right with some restriction

Give a user administrator right with some restriction: Hi, I would like to give a user all the admin rights except for the user's ability to modify other user accounts including built in administrator account. This is local account no domain....
  5. Windows sometimes doesn't give administrative rights to programs, to which it should

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sometimes doesn't give administrative rights to programs, to which it should: Sometimes, when I open a game called "Rainbow Six Siege" my grafics settings won't load in. I noticed that while the little loading window pops up it says: "Detecting system configuration.....", which didn't happen before. Yes, I know, this might sound like a Rainbow Six...
  6. Administrator rights as local user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights as local user?: Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one...
  7. Giving a non-admin user permenant administrative access to a single program in windows 10.

Giving a non-admin user permenant administrative access to a single program in windows 10.: Hi, I recently downloaded a program and installed it with the permission and sign in of my administrator on my computer, however, we found out that you need to give permission every single time you want to use it, which is very tedious. I was wondering if there was a way to...
  8. Administrator Rights not Accessible

Administrator Rights not Accessible: I am still not able to access administrative rights on windows 10. My security settings were reset on my MS account but that had no impact. I tried using the super admin rights under windows 10 pro but it asks me to sign in as an administrator. In order to establish/create...
  9. give a program access to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    give a program access to folders: I have an Application/program for Insurance registration installet and running from its own folder directly under C:. The Application/program needs to Access files/folders in documents and in a separate folder directly under C: Everything worked fine before the last updates...
  10. Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`: I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can. I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a...