Windows 10: How to give contact access for apps in windows 10?

Discus and support How to give contact access for apps in windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] When i was going to activate cortana it said to give apps to access my contacts. But when I went to settings all options were in grey colour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by isuruak, Aug 1, 2016.

1. isuruak Win User

How to give contact access for apps in windows 10?

How to give contact access for apps in windows 10? [​IMG]

When i was going to activate cortana it said to give apps to access my contacts. But when I went to settings all options were in grey colour (cant active) and missing contacts on off button too. ( can see in screenshot) please tell a way to solve this.

:)

isuruak, Aug 1, 2016

2. Cortana won't run - fails to access contacts (desktop)

Starting Cortana - it prompts to give it access to contacts - the Settings, Contacts window come up with 3 apps (apps, mail, calendar I think) and I cannot change any settings.

Is there a Cortana "fixit" yet or is the app still in Beta?

musicrabme, Aug 1, 2016
  3. fredct Win User
    Can't give apps access

149 views... someone has to know how to change access preferences right? help?

fredct, Aug 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 1, 2016
  5. isuruak Win User
    Thank you very much for the reply and your hard work. The problem solved after editing the registry. Thank u once agaiin.

isuruak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to give contact access for apps in windows 10? - Similar Threads - contact access apps

2. how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app: for some reason, the outlook 365 does not show all of my contacts but with Microsoft support agent, I was able to find my contacts in the Windows 10 mail app I have hotmail account. Now how do I export my contacts in windows 10 mail app so I can use in gmail?...
  3. how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app: for some reason, the outlook 365 does not show all of my contacts but with Microsoft support agent, I was able to find my contacts in the Windows 10 mail app I have hotmail account. Now how do I export my contacts in windows 10 mail app so I can use in gmail?...
  4. is there no contacts app with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there no contacts app with windows 10?: Why can I not find easy access to my contacts using windows 10?Ive tried searching for "contacts" address" "people" In the start list I can find no apps relating to contactsits bafflingsurely adding names and addresses to an address book and finding contacts is a basic need...
  5. is there no contacts app with windows 10?

is there no contacts app with windows 10?: Why can I not find easy access to my contacts using windows 10?Ive tried searching for "contacts" address" "people" In the start list I can find no apps relating to contactsits bafflingsurely adding names and addresses to an address book and finding contacts is a basic need...
  6. is there no contacts app with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone

Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone: I was going to install Cortana on my android phone and link it to Cortana on my windows 10 pc until I read the risks. I can understand giving permission to access email and contacts for Cortana but what I don't understand is giving permission for an app to go into my phone...
  8. mail app doesn't access contacts

in Browsers and Email
    mail app doesn't access contacts: Hi all, can someone tell me how to get the new win10 mail app to access my contacts or how to add an address book to the email client. I'm get mail through a pop3 optus server not gmail etc. If I begin typing a name or email address in a new email the only adresses/...
  9. How to enable contacts access to Cortana in Windows 10

How to enable contacts access to Cortana in Windows 10: Hwy there, I'm facing a problem when Enabling Cortana, It asks me to give permissions to read Contacts but when I click on settings, there is no Cortana to give permissions, any solution ? 26069
  10. Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Contacts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Contacts in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Contacts in Windows 10 How to Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Contacts in Windows 10 Windows 10 provides a wealth of data access to make apps useful and valuable to you. These capabilities, which are security constructs...