Windows 10: How to go back to a normal user account instead of microsoft account

Discus and support How to go back to a normal user account instead of microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I signed up for the Cortana to try it out, I had to use my microsoft account. I have decided that in my case, I do not want to use Cortana.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ClaudiaThompson, Aug 27, 2015.

1. How to go back to a normal user account instead of microsoft account

When I signed up for the Cortana to try it out, I had to use my microsoft account.

I have decided that in my case, I do not want to use Cortana.

How can I go back to the normal user account?

Ever since I signed in with the microsoft account, eveyr morning when I wake up I find my computer to be automatically turned off and I have to turn it back on and click the 'sign in' button.

I want to get rid of that. I do not want my computer to be turned off on its own.

Can anyone please help me with solving this problem?

:)

ClaudiaThompson, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

Change of main account to a user instead of main account holder since upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me assist you in resolving the issue.
    According to you, the issue started after you upgraded to Windows 10.

Please answer a few question for better understanding of the issue.

• You upgraded to Windows 10 from which Operating System?

• Do you have a Microsoft Account or did you create one after upgrade?

I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on Set up Mail and add contacts
    and check if it helps

Outlook help - Office Support
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on How do I add an account to
    Windows Live Mail?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

In case you don't want Microsoft account as main account you can switch to Local account. For more information refer this article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information, if the issue persists, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pawan1709, Aug 27, 2015
  3. MamaMich Win User
    Change of main account to a user instead of main account holder since upgrade to Windows 10

Thank you for your response.

We upgraded from windows 7. The computer created an account for us under another member of the families user name - we didn't to my knowledge have a Microsoft account, or if we did we never used it for anything as we didn't need to.

To be honest this whole upgrade has caused so much stress I really think it hasn't been worth it, and we are very frustrated as it has caused other issues as well like our screen looks terrible - we have a rectangle computer screen and none of the icons
    look like they did before, and no amount of fiddling under the settings for display are working to sort this out. We cannot access our photographs as it tells us we are not allowed access - I am seriously thinking of opting back to our old system if that
    is possible - my concern is that it won't ever be the same again!

I will take a look at the articles you have referred to but if you can shed any further light on this it would be appreciated.

Thank you

MamaMich, Aug 27, 2015
  4. How to go back to a normal user account instead of microsoft account

alphanumeric, Aug 27, 2015
  5. ClaudiaThompson, Aug 27, 2015
  6. alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to go back to a normal user account instead of microsoft account

1. How to go back to a normal user account instead of microsoft account - Similar Threads - normal user account

2. how to delete microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete microsoft user account: how to delete microsoft user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-user-account/d099c103-0cd4-4094-a77a-cb78adb44485
  3. how to delete microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete microsoft user account: how to delete microsoft user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-user-account/d099c103-0cd4-4094-a77a-cb78adb44485
  4. how to delete microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to make an account admin if all the accounts are normal users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make an account admin if all the accounts are normal users: Hi, I accidentally made all the accounts in my pc normal users there is no administrators how can I make on of them admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-an-account-admin-if-all-the-accounts/de0c26a5-9cda-45a4-93ba-3b779152de66
  6. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account: I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events; I logged in as a local account. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead Followed the...
  7. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead: I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly...
  8. ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem

''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem: Hi, i would like to ask some help regarding my bf laptop. Earlier today, as I open his laptop I click this button says '' Other User'' because I didnt know his username and pw. Sadly, as I want to turn back to his regular sign in options. The "other user'' didn't go back to...
  9. ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem: Hi, i would like to ask some help regarding my bf laptop. Earlier today, as I open his laptop I click this button says '' Other User'' because I didnt know his username and pw. Sadly, as I want to turn back to his regular sign in options. The "other user'' didn't go back to...
  10. User accounts and Microsoft accounts

User accounts and Microsoft accounts: Our genealogy club has a room with a few PCs that members may use to access online databases the club pays for. With Windows 7, members use a flash drive for data transfer between their home PC and a club PC. If a member had a Microsoft account and could log in to a club...