Windows 10: how to grt rid of previous windows install

Discus and support how to grt rid of previous windows install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a hp stream basically a tablet anyway did factory reset now memory is full window keeps popping up saying click here to remove previous windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tammyd, Aug 29, 2017.

1. tammyd Win User

how to grt rid of previous windows install

I have a hp stream basically a tablet anyway did factory reset now memory is full window keeps popping up saying click here to remove previous windows but does not work only has 28 gb memory windows is taking up all of it cant even put 1 pic on pc cant run restore again it requires 8 gb memory tried system disc clean help

:)

tammyd, Aug 29, 2017

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Aug 29, 2017
  3. Bruce Hagen, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I've had a similar issue on my 32GB Tablets and mostly cured it by adding in a 64GB MicroSDXC memory card like the ones for Cellphones and Smartphones.

The term memory can refer to 2 things, one is the RAM/Random Access Memory and the other is Storage. It's the Storage part that is the problem on those devices. Look in the Tutorials section for the way to remove the Windows.old Folder, may be called Disk Cleanup. I have gotten away with plugging in a USB Thumb/Flash drive but so far after Win10 has 'found' the MicroSDXC card things have worked well.

Berton, Aug 29, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Do a factory reset that formats the drive or deletes all files. Sounds like what you did was not a true factory reset as that should delete everything except what was on the drive when it was new.

Which Stream model do you have?

Ztruker, Aug 29, 2017
  6. tammyd Win User
    i have the 14 inch ax010nr already tried disc clean regular and system. tried deleting manually but keeps saying i need admin approval i am logged in as admin cant do factory restore because need 8gb of storage

tammyd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to grt rid of previous windows install - Similar Threads - grt rid previous

2. Removing Previous Windows installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Previous Windows installations: I have 4GB left on my primary C: drive and I want to free up space, I have used storage sense to see what is taking up the most data. Previous Windows installations is using 72.5GB, I want to know whether it is safe to delete this? I'm currently on Windows 10 and don't plan...
  3. previous window installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    previous window installation: im worried that deleting the previous window installations will delete my vacation photos. will it be okay if i clear this disc space without losing my photos? because i have no idea if it will or not. is it okay if i delete it i know nothing about what deleting these would...
  4. previous window installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    previous window installation: im worried that deleting the previous window installations will delete my vacation photos. will it be okay if i clear this disc space without losing my photos? because i have no idea if it will or not. is it okay if i delete it i know nothing about what deleting these would...
  5. Previous Windows Installations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previous Windows Installations: I have never run anything but Windows 10S on this computer. I'm trying to eliminate any unnecessary temporary files to have more storage free. Can I delete the 16.9G of "Previous Windows Installations?" that are showing up in my Temporary Files?...
  6. Previous Window installation files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous Window installation files.: I currently updated to windows 10 version 20h2. I just checked my storage and found that there is 37.2 Gb of temporary files in windows previous installations. I am having no problem with the current version. Should i delete the previous window installation files. I am...
  7. Previous Windows Installations

Previous Windows Installations: Is it safe to uninstall / delete Previous windows Installations? will that Lag or Crash my Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windows-installations/bc954b2d-5488-4ca8-92f6-b7961b2e784a
  8. How to get rid of previous settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of previous settings: Hello, So I bought a used laptop and recently ran into some issues while installing a program. I did some research and it turns out that the laptop seems to still have the previous setting stored. I get the following message when I try to access the "controlled Folder...
  9. previous windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    previous windows installation: is it safe to remove previous windows installations. Is there a way to find out what version of windows it refers to, or would it be safer to just back it up to a pen drive...
  10. Previous windows installation(s)

Previous windows installation(s): I ran Widows disk cleanup and it found 33.7 Gb of previous Windows Installation(s) on my system. Would it be safe to delete ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windows-installations/34d03b0c-1189-4188-89ab-b75573cc4dd0"