Windows 10: How to handle hardware change???

Discus and support How to handle hardware change??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ... planning to install new mobo/processor(Skylake)/RAM on my desktop ... would like to do it in such a way that I am able to avoid a 'clean'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by akstirling, Oct 29, 2015.

1. How to handle hardware change???

Hi ... planning to install new mobo/processor(Skylake)/RAM on my desktop ... would like to do it in such a way that I am able to avoid a 'clean' reinstall of W10 .... somewhere on the web I saw a suggestion to run a repair using the OS media thus sorting out any hardware drivers issues while retaining all one's precious software ... this was not a recent suggestion so I wonder if that still a viable idea????

:)

akstirling, Oct 29, 2015

2. How do I upgrade to 64 bit? I already have windows 10 32 bit

How can I check that my hardware can handle 64 bit operating systems?

JeffreyWei, Oct 29, 2015
  3. How to change the hardware acceleration video card?

Hey guys, how you doing? I would like to know how could I change my video card which handles the hardware acceleration.

I have a notebook (i5 2450M) with a GT540M and would like to handle the acceleration to my GT540M instead of my HD3000. Anyone know how to do this?

Mateus Campello, Oct 29, 2015
  4. DooGie Win User

How to handle hardware change???

It depends on what your current mobo and CPU are.

In the past when running Windows 7 I once upgraded my mobo and CPU booted the PC up and didn't have to do anything.

If that doesn't work then your idea of running a system repair would be the next port of call.

If that fails then I'd personally format the OS drive and do a clean install.

UPDATE
    I missed the most important part. Before any of this do the necessary backups.

DooGie, Oct 30, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    If your present system and the new system is similar (Intel chipset, Intel CPU, same VGA, same disk and DVD etc) there is a good chance that Windows will load without any problems and you only have to install new drivers. Of course it might deactivate because of the hardware change, but you should be able to activate again. If this cannot be done automatically via Internet, then you have to call Microsoft and explain that you upgraded your computer. They will ask you to type or tell some system identification numbers that appear on screen and then give you the unlock code which you type to activate. I have successfully upgraded my old Pentium 4 to Core-i3 this way, along with a couple other computers. The biggest problem is when you had AMD and go to Intel or vice versa. In this extreme case you have to backup and clean-install. But if you go from Intel to Intel you will hopefully won't have to.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to handle hardware change???

1. How to handle hardware change??? - Similar Threads - handle hardware change

2. Kmode Exception Not Handled With new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kmode Exception Not Handled With new hardware: Hello Guys,I build a new PC 4 days ago after and since then i randomly get the "Kmode Exception Not Handled" BSOD.Sometimes i get it after 3 hours yesterday i had it after 32 Hours.So far I've:Upgraded All my DriversDid a memtest Passed 4 times without any errorsClean...
  3. Kmode Exception Not Handled With new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kmode Exception Not Handled With new hardware: Hello Guys,I build a new PC 4 days ago after and since then i randomly get the "Kmode Exception Not Handled" BSOD.Sometimes i get it after 3 hours yesterday i had it after 32 Hours.So far I've:Upgraded All my DriversDid a memtest Passed 4 times without any errorsClean...
  4. Kmode Exception Not Handled With new hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory: I currently have 12gb of RAM installed on my PC but exactly 8.0gb is reserved for hardware. I have looked around online and have found 3 solutions all of which failed to yield any successful results, these results being: editing registry edit, changing msconfig advanced boot...
  6. How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Change Hardware Reserved Memory: I currently have 12gb of RAM installed on my PC but exactly 8.0gb is reserved for hardware. I have looked around online and have found 3 solutions all of which failed to yield any successful results, these results being: editing registry edit, changing msconfig advanced boot...
  7. Hardware change that's not a change

Hardware change that's not a change: Hi. 5 or 6 months ago I bought another computer, much more powerful, and I thought everything will be OK, no more lags, no more trouble. But it isn't the case. Even from the beginning, when I open it, there's a notice appearing on my desktop about some hardware changes that...
  8. Windows 10 Hardware Media Key Handling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hardware Media Key Handling: For Windows Desktop/Systems, not for Chrome or other browser. Anyone know how to get rid of the audio volume overlay pop up that happens any time you hit pause, place and so on? It appears in the top left of the screen, says #general, because I assume it's for system, not...
  9. Windows 10 Hardware Media Key Handling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hardware Media Key Handling: For Windows Desktop/Systems, not for Chrome or other browser. Anyone know how to get rid of the audio volume overlay pop up that happens any time you hit pause, place and so on? It appears in the top left of the screen, says #general, because I assume it's for system, not...
  10. Kmode exception not handled - Hardware Error?

Kmode exception not handled - Hardware Error?: Hi, This is a different error to any others i can find.. as all "fixes" online say its an easy fix and just enter safe mode or recovery and roll back or replace drivers. Spec Ryzen 5 3600 Gigabyte 32gb ram 4x8gb identical gammix sticks Adata 240gb ssd drive os 60gb...