Windows 10: How to handle plain text url's inside of emails

Discus and support How to handle plain text url's inside of emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 home Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.309) I receive quite a few emails that contain links that, for some reason, are not hyper-links. So,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JustRay, Mar 20, 2018.

1. JustRay Win User

How to handle plain text url's inside of emails

Windows 10 home
    Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.309)

I receive quite a few emails that contain links that, for some reason, are not hyper-links.
    So, I copy the url and paste it into my browser.

I was wondering if there was an alternate way to handle these non hyper-link urls.

Thanks for all ideas.

:)

JustRay, Mar 20, 2018

2. Why aren't links clickable in emails sent from my WP7 with some email clients?

I don't know that your phone is the problem. My WP7 is sending email with full HTML through my Gmail account.

I think it might be how the email client is setup to handle incoming messages. Do your parents get email from other sources with links? Are those clickable?

Alternatively, it may be how your outgoing mail server is sending. It may only actually send the message in plain text, thereby making the client only receive it in plain text. I don't think there is a way to control that setting on the phone. I don't actually
    use my Windows Live ID for my email, so I don't know how that works for Hotmail.

Queen_Ladybug, Mar 20, 2018
  3. How do I read emails in plain text instead of html?

Ok there doesnt seem to be the ability to view emails in plain text. The reason I was after it was because I couldnt view emails on my E72 that were HTML. I posted the solution in another post, but will repost it here for anyone looking:

I found that the firmware on the device was version 21 & the lastest firmware was version 23.

I downloaded the firmware updater from here:

Kundensupport | Nokia Phones

As doing it through the phone over the air didnt work. After updating to the latest firmware, it now works. No sync errors & can read html emails.

mobius2011---01, Mar 20, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

This really depends on you mail client app. Windows mail would recognize any text formatted link.

Copying and pasting is fine.

AndreTen, Mar 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How to handle plain text url's inside of emails - Similar Threads - handle plain text

2. Change fancy text back to plain text writing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change fancy text back to plain text writing.: Having used fancy text writing for my poetry files.I found that I cannot use Balabolka text to speech.It will only copy from plain text writing to record.But I need help to change the text back to plain text.I use trio to write my poetry....
  3. Plain Text issue in Clipchamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plain Text issue in Clipchamp: I am facing an issue in Clipchamp. While Copy and pasting the tamil text to the Plain text. I am not getting the proper contents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plain-text-issue-in-clipchamp/44a7b169-5978-4589-808d-44e3ce3755fc
  4. Plain Text issue in Clipchamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plain Text issue in Clipchamp: I am facing an issue in Clipchamp. While Copy and pasting the tamil text to the Plain text. I am not getting the proper contents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plain-text-issue-in-clipchamp/44a7b169-5978-4589-808d-44e3ce3755fc
  5. Converting, a text URL . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting, a text URL . . .: My, computer. Is running, Windows 10. I'm trying to e-mail, a four page document. But I'm having, a problem. The documents, give the details. About a, hospital bed. I'm a, retired veteran. And the email, is going to the VA. I'm hoping after reading, these documents. The VA...
  6. Converting, a text URL . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting, a text URL . . .: My, computer. Is running, Windows 10. I'm trying to e-mail, a four page document. But I'm having, a problem. The documents, give the details. About a, hospital bed. I'm a, retired veteran. And the email, is going to the VA. I'm hoping after reading, these documents. The VA...
  7. Converting, a text URL . . .

8. Email with Embedded HTML Received As Plain Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email with Embedded HTML Received As Plain Text: Using MAIL for Windows to access my AOL email. This has worked perfectly for years. Recently any email with embedded HTML code comes through as plain text; showing the HTML code but not interpreting it. When I go into AOL directly the email appears correctly with the proper...
  9. Email with Embedded HTML Received As Plain Text

Email with Embedded HTML Received As Plain Text: Using MAIL for Windows to access my AOL email. This has worked perfectly for years. Recently any email with embedded HTML code comes through as plain text; showing the HTML code but not interpreting it. When I go into AOL directly the email appears correctly with the proper...
  10. How to Paste as Plain Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Paste as Plain Text in Windows 10: The Paste is a universally used function of a program and operating system that allows the user to Copy text or image from one location and position it on the other location. Along with this excessively useful function comes unwanted source format. While copying the text...