Windows 10: How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all

Discus and support How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to make [img] this layout and settings for every user that signs on to a computer through our domain? Teachers do not need Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel13djb, Jan 20, 2016.

1. How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all

Is there a way to make
    How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all [​IMG]
    this layout and settings for every user that signs on to a computer through our domain?

Teachers do not need Cortana or any web searching through the search box. Is it possible to make these settings a default for all new users who sign on?

Thanks.

:)

Daniel13djb, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Jenny105 Win User

How can I ensure that I have to SIGN IN for all my microsoft accounts.

For a week I find my email- Outlook account, my MSN accounts etc and this Microsoft community accounts are OPEN / SIGNED IN when I come to use them. Ive tried every way to sign out from each but next time they are open. Closing my PC should delete
    all passwords etc . Is it not doing that and where can I check?

Please can someone tell me whether

• a when I sign in on opening my Microsoft account to begin the day ALL my accounts are now opened at once ...... ie I no longer have to sign in again for emails etc
    • b there is a control SIGN OUT that I can use to stop all my MICROSOFT products being opem all the time
    • c or is it safe for all these accounts to be open to hackers to find?
    • Is this phenomenon associated with a phone account I hardly ever use?
    I have had to change all my sensitive sites to a NON MICRROSOFT email address for satetu.

Please do not ask what App I use for email . I donr know. I never have as far used one as far as I'm aware. This began 5 days ago, I ve had this wretched WIN 10 for about 4 months

Thanks

Jenny105, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Ariel Aba Win User
    How can I ensure that I have to SIGN IN for all my microsoft accounts.

Hi,

To answer your questions about your Microsoft account:

1. So as long as you use a Microsoft account when you log in, then all Mircosoft related websites and services will log you in with the same credentials. If you don't want any automated logins to happen, you can create a Local account
    on your computer instead. You can find the instructions on this
    link
    . This will not associate any accounts to any services, preventing an automatic log-in.

2. It is safe to keep them up. Just make sure you do your part on protecting yourself (like not opening suspicious emails/websites, performing virus scans on your computer, etc.)

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  5. Brink, if I do this using the Admin account will it be disabled through all new users?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct, it will disable the ability to turn on Cortana for all users on the PC.

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  7. Awesome, I will give this a shot. Thank you very much!

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  9. Okay, I have used the registry version to disable Cortana and it worked! Still runs in the background I see though??? 60MB or so.... can it be removed so it doesn't consume RAM? Also is there a registry setting to make it only search windows and it not say search web and windows???

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  11. Okay so I should leave the SearchUI.exe alone then?

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, disabling search would break to many things.

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  13. How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all

Okay thanks again Brink!

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all - Similar Threads - users sign cortana

2. Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in": Whever trying to use cortana, I try to sign in, it says "We're having trouble signing you in" but in the 3 dots on the top left it says that I can sign out, meaning I am already signed in...
  3. Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in": Whever trying to use cortana, I try to sign in, it says "We're having trouble signing you in" but in the 3 dots on the top left it says that I can sign out, meaning I am already signed in...
  4. Cortana error "We're having trouble signing you in"

in Cortana
  5. How to fix my cortana not having all the features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my cortana not having all the features.: My cortana doesn't have all the features that i see online.It can't open apps or files.It can't even show me news https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-cortana-not-having-all-the-features/eb821e5f-f262-46ba-a1c3-beee10f0feda
  6. How to fix my cortana not having all the features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my cortana not having all the features.: My cortana doesn't have all the features that i see online.It can't open apps or files.It can't even show me news https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-cortana-not-having-all-the-features/eb821e5f-f262-46ba-a1c3-beee10f0feda
  7. User Profile service failed the sign-in - all user accounts have gone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile service failed the sign-in - all user accounts have gone: I'm using a desktop PC Dell Inspiron 3847 with Windows 10 msinfo32 says version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 / winver says version 1903, OS Build 18362.1. On switching on the computer, there is no option to switch to any of the four user accounts that should be present. Instead, I...
  8. Cortana for current and all users

in Cortana
    Cortana for current and all users: Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??...
  9. how to disable cortana?

in Cortana
    how to disable cortana?: i noticed a few weeks ago that every time i go where i used to be able to search files i get the cortana voice. How do it get back file explorer and disable cortana? TY...
  10. How to disable having to sign in the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable having to sign in the computer: As the subject line states; I've tried netplqiz and nothing comes up also the system won't allow me to change from the "administrator to standard" account!?! A working response would be much appreciated thank you. MrsC...