Windows 10: How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit?

Discus and support How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, newbie here from Melbourne Australia. As per title, I'm using Windows 10 and thoroughly enjoying it. The problem is my printer. It's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brad 63, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Brad 63 Win User

How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit?

Hi folks, newbie here from Melbourne Australia.

As per title, I'm using Windows 10 and thoroughly enjoying it. The problem is my printer.

It's a Canon Lasershot LBP 1120 and I REALLY like it and want to keep using it but it is pretty old and for this particular printer, Canon don't offer a driver for a 64 bit operating system.

As far as I know, there are two ways I can go. I can put Windows 7 32 bit on a virtual machine or in a space on a partitioned hard drive.

I've heard that VM 5.1 causes Windows 10 to crash.

Partitioning the hard drive sounds a bit intimidating but I'll do that if I have to.

Can anyone offer some advice or point me to appropriate tutes?

I'm not willing to junk the printer and get a new one.

Cheers,

:)

Brad 63, Sep 22, 2017

2. What's the maximum RAM support for Windows 10 Home Edition and Professional OS

I'm assuming your answer above is not correct anymore. Am I right to assume that? Also, if I have Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64 bit I can upgrade to windows 10 64 bit and have 128GB ram support? I ask because i just purchased ram upgrade today to 24
    gb ram and didn't know it wasn't supported by Windows 7 home. So to clarify, Windows 10 Home 64 bit will allow me to have full use of my 24 GB ram upgrade?

How much RAM does each edition of Windows 10 support?

Edition

Amount

Windows 10 Home 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    128 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    512 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 64 bit
    512 GBs

DavidKohnen, Sep 22, 2017
  3. What's the maximum RAM support for Windows 10 Home Edition and Professional OS

I'm assuming your answer above is not correct anymore. Am I right to assume that? Also, if I have Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64 bit I can upgrade to windows 10 64 bit and have 128GB ram support? I ask because i just purchased ram upgrade today to 24
    gb ram and didn't know it wasn't supported by Windows 7 home. So to clarify, Windows 10 Home 64 bit will allow me to have full use of my 24 GB ram upgrade?

How much RAM does each edition of Windows 10 support?

Edition

Amount

Windows 10 Home 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    128 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    512 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 64 bit
    512 GBs

You table is not correct, do your homework and learn.

Windows 10 Pro x64 can recognize 2TB of RAM

64-BIT PC GAMES

Hardcore Games™, Sep 22, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

If you post a screenshot of disk management, it would help:
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

The way that I would do it would be to shrink the existing Windows 10 partition by about 50 GB (depends on how much you want to install into the Windows 7 partition). Create a new NTFS formatted partition for Windows 7. Apply the Windows 7 image to the newly created partition using the DISM /APPLY-IMAGE command. Then set up the dual booting using the BCDBOOT command.

Code: C:\Windows\system32>dism /apply-image /? Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.15063.0 /Apply-Image /ImageFile:<path_to_image_file> /ApplyDir:<target_directory> {/Index:<image_index> | /Name:<image_name>} [/CheckIntegrity] [/Verify] [/NoRpFix] [/SWMFile:<pattern>] [/ConfirmTrustedFile] [/WIMBoot] [/Compact] [/EA] /Apply-Image /ImageFile:<path_to_image_file> /ApplyDrive:<target_drive> [/SFUFile:<pattern>] [/SkipPlatformCheck] Applies an image to a specified drive. Use /CheckIntegrity to stop the operation if WIM file corruption is detected. Use /Verify to check for errors and file duplication. Use /NoRpFix to disable the reparse point tag fix. Use /SWMFile to reference split WIM files (SWMs). <pattern> is the naming pattern and location of split files. Use /ConfirmTrustedFile to validate the image for Trusted Desktop. See DISM Image Management Command-Line Options for more information about supported platforms. Use /WIMBoot to apply the image with WIMBoot configuration. Use /Compact to apply the image in compact mode. Use /EA to apply extended attributes. Use /SFUFile to reference split FFU files (SFUs). <pattern> is the naming pattern and location of split files. Use /SkipPlatformCheck if the FFU file being applied is targeted for a device other than the machine performing the application. A special FFU file is required. Examples: DISM.exe /Apply-Image /ImageFile:install.wim /Index:1 /ApplyDirHow to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit? :D:\ DISM.exe /Apply-Image /ImageFile:install.swm /SWMFile:install*.swm /ApplyDirHow to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit? :D:\ /Index:1 DISM.exe /Apply-Image /ImageFile:flash.ffu /ApplyDrive:\\.\PhysicalDrive0 C:\Windows\system32>[/quote] Code: C:\Windows\system32>bcdboot /? Bcdboot - Bcd boot file creation and repair tool. The bcdboot.exe command-line tool is used to copy critical boot files to the system partition and to create a new system BCD store. bcdboot <source> [/l <locale>] [/s <volume-letter> [/f <firmware>]] [/v] [/m [{OS Loader ID}]] [/addlast] [/p] [/c] source Specifies the location of the windows system root. /l Specifies an optional locale parameter to use when initializing the BCD store. The default is US English. /s Specifies an optional volume letter parameter to designate the target system partition where boot environment files are copied. The default is the system partition identified by the firmware. /v Enables verbose mode. /m If an OS loader GUID is provided, this option merges the given loader object with the system template to produce a bootable entry. Otherwise, only global objects are merged. /d Specifies that the existing default windows boot entry should be preserved. /f Used with the /s command, specifies the firmware type of the target system partition. Options for <firmware> are 'UEFI', 'BIOS', or 'ALL'. /addlast Specifies that the windows boot manager firmware entry should be added last. The default behavior is to add it first. /p Specifies that the windows boot manager firmware entry position should be preserved. If entry does not exist, new entry will be added in the first position. /c Specifies that any existing objects described by the template should not be migrated. Examples: bcdboot c:\windows /l en-us bcdboot c:\windows /s h: bcdboot c:\windows /s h: /f UEFI bcdboot c:\windows /m {d58d10c6-df53-11dc-878f-00064f4f4e08} bcdboot c:\windows /d /addlast bcdboot c:\windows /p C:\Windows\system32>[/quote]

NavyLCDR, Sep 22, 2017
  5. Brad 63 Win User
    Thanks for replying. Here's a screenshot. Sorry it's so small.

How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit? [​IMG]

I have a disc of Windows 7 so I'm assuming I could install from that into the new partition?

Code: C:\Windows\system32>bcdboot /? Bcdboot - Bcd boot file creation and repair tool. The bcdboot.exe command-line tool is used to copy critical boot files to the system partition and to create a new system BCD store. bcdboot <source> [/l <locale>] [/s <volume-letter> [/f <firmware>]] [/v] [/m [{OS Loader ID}]] [/addlast] [/p] [/c] source Specifies the location of the windows system root. /l Specifies an optional locale parameter to use when initializing the BCD store. The default is US English. /s Specifies an optional volume letter parameter to designate the target system partition where boot environment files are copied. The default is the system partition identified by the firmware. /v Enables verbose mode. /m If an OS loader GUID is provided, this option merges the given loader object with the system template to produce a bootable entry. Otherwise, only global objects are merged. /d Specifies that the existing default windows boot entry should be preserved. /f Used with the /s command, specifies the firmware type of the target system partition. Options for <firmware> are 'UEFI', 'BIOS', or 'ALL'. /addlast Specifies that the windows boot manager firmware entry should be added last. The default behavior is to add it first. /p Specifies that the windows boot manager firmware entry position should be preserved. If entry does not exist, new entry will be added in the first position. /c Specifies that any existing objects described by the template should not be migrated. Examples: bcdboot c:\windows /l en-us bcdboot c:\windows /s h: bcdboot c:\windows /s h: /f UEFI bcdboot c:\windows /m {d58d10c6-df53-11dc-878f-00064f4f4e08} bcdboot c:\windows /d /addlast bcdboot c:\windows /p C:\Windows\system32>[/quote] [/quote]

Brad 63, Sep 22, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Another option which I prefer is to install Windows 7 in a virtual hard drive. This is more space efficient, and does not mess around with existing partitions.

cereberus, Sep 22, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    I would (and I did) install it on second drive. Disconnect first, install W7 in other one, replace first one and use EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies to set up dual BOOT.

CountMike, Sep 22, 2017
  8. How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit?

VMs are usually the best way to go with these type of situation. If the system is capable of running VMs smoothly.

RoasterMen, Sep 22, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    Unless you have to deal directly with HW.

CountMike, Sep 22, 2017
  10. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Sep 22, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    Nonsense -Windows 7 quite happily coexists as dual boot with Windows 10, and is a stable and secure OS. You only need to use VMs really for old OSs like XP which are not secure.

cereberus, Sep 22, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    That is true, I keep forgetting about virtual drives. How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit? :) I completely agree in this case!
    http://woshub.com/installation-of-wi...ual-hard-disk/

NavyLCDR, Sep 22, 2017
  13. Brad 63 Win User

That link doesn't actually lead to drivers specifically for the canon LBP 1120. It's some sort of weird arse site that claims to have whatever you're looking fo and then offers you DRIVER WHIZ for all your drivers.

Brad 63, Sep 23, 2017
  14. Brad 63 Win User
    Thanks everyone. I'll find a tutorial on how to do the dual boot partition thing.

Brad 63, Sep 23, 2017
  15. Mooly Win User
    How about using the 32 bit version of W10 ?

Mooly, Sep 23, 2017
Thema:

1. How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit? - Similar Threads - bit within Home

2. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  3. HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT

HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT: HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT WITHOUT FORMATING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-32-bit-to-windows/8981ed18-33ec-4fcf-9db8-e25da8031fef
  4. windows 7 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 7 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit: Would i be able to upgrade my 32 bit windows 7 pc to windows 10 64bit ? submitted by /u/doublettones [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fycryd/windows_7_32_bit_to_windows_10_64_bit/
  5. 32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home: I have a new 1TB Sata HDD. The old Sata HDD has my windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. Could I use the media creator tool and install Windows 10 Home 64 bit to new hard drive and would this detect the digital license on old hard drive? I know this sounds like it would be too...
  6. Windows 10, Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit: I have recently upgraded to a new PC and Windows 10. I have a hard drive attachment with all files from my old PC which had 64 bit operating system, although it also had older files from my earlier PC that was 32 bit operating system. Consequently I have two program...
  7. Windows 7 Pro 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit: I presently have Win 7 installed on my ASUS laptop. It can handle 32 or 64 bit programs. The windows 7 is installed as a 32 bit OS but is corrupted. Repair doesn't solve my problem from the original disk. So I bought a new Win 10 64 bit OS. It won't load over the 32 bit...
  8. From Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit

From Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit: Hi, I had Windows 7 32-bit and wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit (my computer supports 64-bit). I installed Windows 10 32-bit first, and wanted to upgrade to 64-bit, but it apparently doesn't support Windows 10 because of graphic card, so now I want to downgrade from...
  9. Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit

Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit: I recently purchased a new hard drive, and I installed windows 10 64 bit on my laptop (Inspiron 15 3000 series) and after that the laptop started runnin slow, unable to use my technical drawing apps and my games. my RAM is 4GB and I want to install windows 10 32 bit but...
  10. Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?

Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?: Yesterday I installed windows 10 with 32-bit operating system, but now I want to change the operating system to 64-bit. I want to know if I can reinstalled windows 10 with 64-bit operating system? 11557