Windows 10: How to have Windows Search only search desktop apps and settings?

Discus and support How to have Windows Search only search desktop apps and settings? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how to i setup windows search to not search my personal folders but only desktop apps and settings 18420 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by corey407woc, Aug 22, 2015.

1. How to have Windows Search only search desktop apps and settings?

how to i setup windows search to not search my personal folders but only desktop apps and settings

:)

corey407woc, Aug 22, 2015
  2. agrae203a Win User

Have Marketplace only search for apps?

I figured Zune Software on PC has 'Filter' on search results. That's what we are asking for. It seems WP7 Marketplace is missing the same parity of feature and lists all search results regardless of user's intent of searching 'App' in 'App section'.

Marketplace app would need to be a bit more clever and search Apps only when user runs a search in the App section.

agrae203a, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Have Marketplace only search for apps?

Hi. When I'm searching the marketplace I get results for music and apps which I don't want. Is there any way to just search apps?

FuzzyReets, Aug 22, 2015
  4. iBawbag Win User

How to have Windows Search only search desktop apps and settings?

Try control panel > indexing options

iBawbag, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

How to have Windows Search only search desktop apps and settings?

1. How to have Windows Search only search desktop apps and settings? - Similar Threads - Search search desktop

2. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  3. Search bar & Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar & Settings app: My search bar doesnt do anything when i click on it and when i try to open my settings app it doesnt open it closes before it opens ive searched the web but i havent found anything that works but i think its because of a windows update I NEED HELP...
  4. Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows": I recently turned off the search indexing in my laptop and now I want to turn it back on, But now when I open the "Searching Windows" section in "Search" section, the settings app crashes. I tried restarting, but it in vain. Laptop- HP Pavilion Gaming 15 - bc406tx...
  5. Windows search only shows recent apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search only shows recent apps: [ATTACH] Hello good community. Long time ago I have switched a setting that -I don't remember where- makes Windows search at the taskbar show only recent apps. I am trying to find which setting I have changed. I can still search for both apps and files in there but it...
  6. Windows search not showing settings or apps

Windows search not showing settings or apps: I recently updated to V 2004 and so far I had no issues whatsoever and kept doing what I usually did normally. One day when I booted, I went to search for a specific setting only to discover that nothing showed up except some random files that had the letters I typed in. Even...
  7. Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?: Finally decided to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 10 and I'm having some problems with the taskbar search no longer searching options within the settings app. I used to be able to type "bluetooth" in the taskbar and it would bring me to bluetooth options in the...
  8. Windows Search: Search for ONLY hidden files

in Cortana
    Windows Search: Search for ONLY hidden files: I have a lot of files in a folder, some of them hidden. I want to search for only the hidden files, like the guy in this post. The answer was not for ONLY hidden files. Of course I know I must enable "Show hidden files". Windows Search is quite powerful, so it can search...
  9. Search settings

in Cortana
    Search settings: How can I set Search from the taskbar to search local documents only? This should be EASY, but after much searching on the Internet I don't see a simple answer, yet it appears many users want to be able to do this. Note: I don't care about Web search, online or cloud...
  10. Windows Search only searching Web and Store.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search only searching Web and Store.: Hopefully somebody knows how to fix this. I have 2 machines running windows 10, and it seems like a lot of struggle of late. My latest problem as of this eve on my downstairs machine, is that Windows Search seems to be confined to just the store and web. Meaning, if I click...