Windows 10: How to hide all windows at once = show desktop with icons only?

Discus and support How to hide all windows at once = show desktop with icons only? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Assume I have multiple windows open (browser, WinExplorer, Word,...). Is there a way to hide all these windows at once to show only desktop, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Jun 7, 2018.

1. pstein Win User

How to hide all windows at once = show desktop with icons only?

Assume I have multiple windows open (browser, WinExplorer, Word,...).

Is there a way to hide all these windows at once to show only desktop, then double click on one of the icons on desktop to start another prgm and finally re-show the previously hidden windows again?

Peter

:)

pstein, Jun 7, 2018
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Windows 10 creates desktop shortcuts automatically - How I do turn this OFF?

Hi,

We will try our best to resolve the issues I would suggest you to kindly follow the steps below and check if it help.

• Type “show or hide common icons on the desktop“
      and select from the list.

• On the Desktop icons setting uncheck all the options you don’t to appear on the desktop.

• Click apply and Ok.

I hope the information is helpful and get back to us with the result, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

How to hide all windows at once = show desktop with icons only?

1. How to hide all windows at once = show desktop with icons only? - Similar Threads - hide once show

2. Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar: You know, this little bugger. Any way to natively hide it with a registry hack? I've used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker but I hate how it HAS to run in the background. Help is appreciated. Thanks! 81055
  3. how to hide "notification icon"

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to hide "notification icon": I want to get rid of the following icon, what should I do? [img] 53671
  4. Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square: I have an issue with Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 everything was fine but I have found that the icons pinned to the taskbar are the correct icon but they are very small and inside a square. In my case its a blue square. Any way to get those icons back to the...
  5. Desktop does not show all file icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop does not show all file icons: My Win10 Desktop seems to have problems. I can copy a file to the desktop but no icon show for it. But pressing WindowsE shows it as present. Is there any way to ensure the icon always appears ? Thanks. 66529
  6. Desktop icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing: [img] As you can see from the above desktop icons are not showing. This happened after resizing desktop icons and then rebooting. I do not know what to do to solve problem. Please can anyone advise. Thank you. 30452
  7. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...
  8. All icons gone (desktop & folders) only titles remain

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons gone (desktop & folders) only titles remain: Hello, After a restart all my icons have disappeared on the Desktop and in all of my folders. The titles under the icons remain and are selectable to open programs. The taskbar is also affected with only generic icons showing for programs; the Quicklaunch bar shows...
  9. Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10: Freaking awesome tip I just found my correct resolution from emerson for my 32" TV today and now my icons are way to freaking big. And rather then tinkering around trying to make them smaller I just hide them all and wow wee did that make my 32" pc screen pretty. Thanks...
  10. Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar: Hi, I used to have this speaker icon in my taskbar, now its gone. So I went to settings> notifications & actions> turn system icons on or off. but the volume choice is dimmed out!! I can't turn it on... Any help here??*Sad 51188