Windows 10: How to Hide Fonts

Discus and support How to Hide Fonts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft help documents state that if you hide installed fonts, they won't show up in programs anymore. However, I have hid many of the fonts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CerebralFreeze, Jul 19, 2018.

1. How to Hide Fonts

Microsoft help documents state that if you hide installed fonts, they won't show up in programs anymore. However, I have hid many of the fonts, especially the foreign language fonts and they still show up in programs like Microsoft Word.

How do I get them to stop showing up in these programs. They are extremely annoying?

Also, is there a way to categorize them besides alphabetically? Like group them via Body Text, Titles, Headers, etc.?

Thanks for any help.

:)

CerebralFreeze, Jul 19, 2018

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Jul 19, 2018
  4. How to Hide Fonts

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

How to Hide Fonts

1. How to Hide Fonts - Similar Threads - Hide Fonts

2. A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide...: I encounter this error almost every time the pc turns off the monitors.I used to have three monitors and never had this problem, but now I have a new fourth monitor and I am forever running into this problem.I also sometimes notice this notification from NVIDIA, maybe the...
  3. A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide...: I encounter this error almost every time the pc turns off the monitors.I used to have three monitors and never had this problem, but now I have a new fourth monitor and I am forever running into this problem.I also sometimes notice this notification from NVIDIA, maybe the...
  4. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...: ... as per title. This is a user setting and the OS should never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-hide-the-taskbar-in-desktop-mode/1cf1199d-0c26-4f52-b9ac-dd28cf965a68
  5. how can I 'uninstall' or just 'hide' "protected" fonts?

in Windows 10 Support
    how can I 'uninstall' or just 'hide' "protected" fonts?: I've forum searched and looked at other posts and can't see a solution. do I need some reg-edit instructions? I want to get rid of, at the very least, these ugly @ fonts that clogg up the immediately visible part of my list, (big time-waster). -- as an alternative solution...
  6. how can I 'uninstall' or just 'hide' "protected" fonts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I 'uninstall' or just 'hide' "protected" fonts?: I've forum searched and looked at other posts and can't see a solution. do I need some reg-edit instructions? I want to get rid of, at the very least, these ugly @ fonts that clogg up the immediately visible part of my list, (big time-waster). -- as an alternative solution...
  7. Hiding fonts from application dropdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding fonts from application dropdown: Is there a way I can hide fonts from appearing in the drop down list of my programs? There are a lot of fonts that cannot be deleted, and I'd love to bring my font list down to the dozen or so fonts I actually use instead of a bunch of symbol fonts which I will never use....
  8. Hiding date in taskbar impossible with new font

in Windows 10 Support
    Hiding date in taskbar impossible with new font: I've switched to Google Sans font by a registry hack below (+ installed that font of course), and everything works except hiding date in taskbar, and I don't know how to get rid of it. I'm already using small taskbar icons, but there's no difference in time, or date + time...
  9. Where are my fonts hiding?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are my fonts hiding?: I recently bought a brand new Windows 10 computer from Microsoft, I activated my previously owned license for Office 365 through the Microsoft Store, and started using Word 2016 (seemingly without any problems). I then tried to use another program (Gimp2) and noticed I...
  10. Hide or Show Fonts in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Fonts in Windows: How to: Hide or Show Fonts in Windows How to Hide or Show Fonts in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. This tutorial will show you how to hide or show selected fonts installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to hide fonts