Windows 10: How to Hide Window's Border

Discus and support How to Hide Window's Border in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I hide that tiny color borders: Screenshot Also I would like to remove the shadow it has. Thanks :) 22918 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CavariuX, Sep 16, 2015.

1. CavariuX Win User

How to Hide Window's Border

How can I hide that tiny color borders:
    Screenshot

Also I would like to remove the shadow it has.
    Thanks How to Hide Window's Border :)

:)

CavariuX, Sep 16, 2015

2. MR. ED

HELLO,

Yes, I am referring to the Windows Border.
    In Windows 8.1 the border was wider and you could have a color with a wider border.

In Windows 10 this is not the case, the borders are "super thin" without color.

Also, the "grayed-out" Menu Bar can cause you to close an active window inadvertently.
    This is a flaw.
    How is this fixed in Windows 10?

EDWIN RODRIGUEZ

STARSHIPCOMMAND, Sep 16, 2015
  3. New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup )

Bryanq6019, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello CavariuX, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you could uncheck the Show shadows under windows visual effects setting to help some. It will not remove the border, but it'll help not make it stand out as much without the shadow.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

1. How to Hide Window's Border - Similar Threads - Hide Window's Border

2. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable colored window border ?: I didn't have this problem until last week-end 16-17 December. Before that, i didn't restart my pc for some time 1 bit less than a week and so decided to restart it. When it finished, there were now those border to windows. As you can see in the picture, the setting "Title...
  3. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable colored window border ?: I didn't have this problem until last week-end 16-17 December. Before that, i didn't restart my pc for some time 1 bit less than a week and so decided to restart it. When it finished, there were now those border to windows. As you can see in the picture, the setting "Title...
  4. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?: NOTE: Neither Microsoft Garage nor Mouse Without Borders are listed in "Sub-Topics" below. So, selected People. Suggest adding "Other." Please route to proper team.Windows 10 Pro: v21H2, OS build 19044.2130, Feature Pak 120.2212.4180.0 on two computers, A & B.Computer A: One...
  6. Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?: NOTE: Neither Microsoft Garage nor Mouse Without Borders are listed in "Sub-Topics" below. So, selected People. Suggest adding "Other." Please route to proper team.Windows 10 Pro: v21H2, OS build 19044.2130, Feature Pak 120.2212.4180.0 on two computers, A & B.Computer A: One...
  7. Is there a way to stop hiding the 1px border when a window is not in focus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to stop hiding the 1px border when a window is not in focus?: Pretty much as the title says. I like to have things in windows, not full screen. I've tried searching many sites but so far been unable to find any correct setting. I don't want to get rid of the border entirely, I just want it to always be displayed. Then there is no...
  8. Window borders

Window borders: Hello: I am not very familiar with Win 10, and while I have tried, I have not found a way to solve this: when windows/boxes open on top of other windows/boxes, they are very hard to make out, because they all have white background and no borders. So, if someone feel...
  9. How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness

How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness: Hello, so previously I was able to use the WindowMetrics in the Registry to adjust the border thickness for windows (refer to the image), yet that no longer works. There are two settings at: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics Named:...
  10. How to add color to the window borders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add color to the window borders: Under Windows 10 I don’t know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several at the same time. Now the frames are all white or grey. Where is the settings dialogue for that? 13525

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide windows border

2. how to hide window border