Windows 10: How to I change what is displayed under This PC?

Discus and support How to I change what is displayed under This PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Under the section as shown in the image, I have three external disks which are now appearing twice. Until yesterday they only appeared once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Diwedd, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Diwedd Win User

How to I change what is displayed under This PC?

How to I change what is displayed under This PC? [​IMG]

Under the section as shown in the image, I have three external disks which are now appearing twice. Until yesterday they only appeared once as subsections of This PC. Now the appear under This PC, but again separately (as shown with red border in image above). How can I get them to appear only under This PC?

Ideally, what I would like is to see:

Quick Access (with the subfolders)
    This PC (with the subsections/subfolders)
    Network
    Homegroup

I am new to windows 10 so am still finding may way around it.

Many thanks

Edit: The image shows my navigation panel. I would like to know how to change what is shown in my navigation panel.

:)

Diwedd, Nov 4, 2016

2. How to change the name under "This product is licensed under the Microsoft Software License Terms to"

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that you want to change the name under "This product is registered under the" section on your Windows 10 computer.

This name can be changed by making changes in registry values for user account, however it's not recommended. Making any incorrect changes in registry may lead to serious issues on your computer and may also lead to permanent data loss.

However, since now you have already upgraded to Windows 10 successfully and Windows is activated. Alternately you can backup all your data and clean install Windows 10 on your computer through Windows 10 media creation tool. While clean installation you
    will be prompted to choose a new name to configure your computer.

Hope this information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Nov 4, 2016
  3. IzzyShams Win User
    How to change the name under "This product is licensed under the Microsoft Software License Terms to"

As administrator modify the following registry key and apply:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"RegisteredOrganization"="<Place your Org Name here>"

"RegisteredOwner"="<Place your Registered Owner Name Here>"

IzzyShams, Nov 4, 2016
  4. Diwedd Win User

I found the solution here.

Diwedd, Nov 4, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to I change what is displayed under This PC? - Similar Threads - change displayed under

2. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?: How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?I am unable to change the location for the Documents folder under This PC. It is the only folder in which the Properties menu does not give me the Location tab. Currently it is only allowing me to connect it...
  3. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?: How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?I am unable to change the location for the Documents folder under This PC. It is the only folder in which the Properties menu does not give me the Location tab. Currently it is only allowing me to connect it...
  4. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I change what is displayed on top of others things in Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change what is displayed on top of others things in Windows?: I have Windows 10. It used to be that folders would be displayed on top of any pictures I had open. Now, pictures get displayed on top of everything, in the foreground. Is there a way to make it so that when an open folder and a picture occupy the same space on the monitor,...
  6. what are these fat lines under icons ? how to change it ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what are these fat lines under icons ? how to change it ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/restles2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef9iis/what_are_these_fat_lines_under_icons_how_to/
  7. How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change one of the 2 Documents Folders under This PC to Videos: I was moving my libraries to different drives and made a mistake with my Videos folder, and now I have two Documents folders under 'This PC'. The folder that used to be my videos folder is now called Documents and directs me to the same folder as the original Documents...
  8. My display changed and I want to know how to return it to what I had???

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display changed and I want to know how to return it to what I had???: My display changed and I want to know how to return it to what it was. It is now in alphabetically order and goes away when I click on any program. I hate it and want it back to what it was....
  9. how to change display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to change display: how to change display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display/3f4ee5cf-cc15-4a1e-a316-82ff995285fa
  10. Only "Mobile PC Display" showing under Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only "Mobile PC Display" showing under Display: I don't know what happened to my display, but once I reinstalled Windows 10, the display (under Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Pen and Touch -> Display tab -> Display Options -> Display drop-down box) only shows that I have a mobile pc display. But I know that is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change what is displayed in This PC