Windows 10: How to I get rid of Pop-under windows?

Discus and support How to I get rid of Pop-under windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am doing work in file explorer, cleaning up directories of files. In other versions of windows, when I get a message like "are you sure you want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SOHO1, Jan 30, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

How to I get rid of Pop-under windows?

I am doing work in file explorer, cleaning up directories of files. In other versions of windows, when I get a message like "are you sure you want to delete" or some such thing, I get a nice pop-up to answer. However, Windows 10 seems to be hiding this message in a windows below file explorer. I proceed to perform a number of operations and begin wondering why the system is not responding, when actually, the %complete and other messages are all consolidated in this pop-under windows. Very annoying. How to change that to a pop-up? here are two different examples, where these notifications were hidden beneath the file explorer window I was working in:

:)

SOHO1, Jan 30, 2016
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

how to i get rid of an orphaned home group under windows 10

We're currently checking for the right article or thread that has the same concern with
    Home Group in Windows 10. It seems that it's already a known problem facing by Windows 10 user's. In the meantime, follow this workaround to check if this would sort it out.

Method 1:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.

• Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow on screen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Did you create this Home Group? If yes, you can go to Control panel and then click on the 'Home group'. At the bottom of the Window, look for an option " Other Home Group options" and click on the option "view or print the Home Group
    password'. Try to reset the password and let us know the results.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Jan 30, 2016
  3. G.Fischer Win User
    how to i get rid of an orphaned home group under windows 10

Hmm, can't imagine what your problem could be. As long Microsoft hasn't changed something fundamental this should work. The secret of the how-to above is the word "all". From what I've understood is, that Windows immediately caches all homegroup
    info when they're provided by another computer. Deleting the files is only one more step to prevent old info are reloaded later after reboot and provided then.

Are you sure no other homegroup capable computer was powered on in step 4? And before that, you deleted on all computers, including the remaining computer, the files? And you really made sure that Windows was shut down and not hybrid sleeping, buzz word
    "fast boot"?

Haven't you bee able to join the group, or haven't you been able to access the shares after re-joining the group?

G.Fischer, Jan 30, 2016
Thema:

How to I get rid of Pop-under windows?

1. How to I get rid of Pop-under windows? - Similar Threads - rid Pop under

2. how to get rid of boffero.com pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to get rid of boffero.com pop ups: I am continuing to get pop ups that i have a virus from buffero.com I've scanned and have no problems, but pop ups continue. I've tried a couple of ways that have been suggested, however, I cannot get rid of.HELP...
  3. How to get rid of Softonic pop ups

in Browsers and Email
    How to get rid of Softonic pop ups: I have Win 10 and have spent much time searching how to get rid of Softonic popups. I don't think there's any way to do it. Best I can tell, Softonics comes from Microsoft and is loaded into Microsoft Edge. And from there it invades all browsers. Even though I don't use Edge,...
  4. How to get rid of Softonic pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Softonic pop ups: I have Win 10 and have spent much time searching how to get rid of Softonic popups. I don't think there's any way to do it. Best I can tell, Softonics comes from Microsoft and is loaded into Microsoft Edge. And from there it invades all browsers. Even though I don't use Edge,...
  5. How can I get rid of pop up window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get rid of pop up window?: Every time I start my laptop, I get this window pop up. I can't remember when I wanted to install any of such software. How can I get rid of this message? [ATTACH]...
  6. How do I get rid of these shredder pop-up windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of these shredder pop-up windows?: Shredder pop-up windows how do I stop them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-shredder-pop-up-windows/23638769-ba87-4fdd-bbaa-290b01f43602"
  7. How to get rid of DNSunlocker pop up

How to get rid of DNSunlocker pop up: Whenever I go on to any of my usual websites this DNSunlocker pops up and prevents me from using my websites e.g. National Express etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-get-rid-of-dnsunlocker-pop-up/c191fd47-c2ef-42fa-9287-10f55dae410f"
  8. How to get rid of pop ups

How to get rid of pop ups: Why do I keep getting the pop up, Saying call a certain number from Microsoft, and I know its not.. How do I get rid of these popups. 63170
  9. How to get rid of Bing popping up?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Bing popping up?: Good Afternoon All, Since this forum always solves my problems I hope someone will kindly solve this one. When I don't use my computer for a while it goes dark and then when I click the mouse I have to click on my name and click sign in. When I do so Bing shopping or...
  10. How to get rid of pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of pop ups: I keep getting popups from suppose to be from Microsoft. We all that isn't really Microsoft. They say call the certain number and, they want money to fix the problems. How do I get rid of these popups? 63171