Windows 10: How to I get the current version of Skype?

Discus and support How to I get the current version of Skype? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Skype keeps threatening to abandon me if I don't upgrade to the latest version, but I can't figure out how. I found a typical Microsoft explanation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iamjim, Jul 25, 2018.

1. iamjim Win User

How to I get the current version of Skype?

Skype keeps threatening to abandon me if I don't upgrade to the latest version, but I can't figure out how.

I found a typical Microsoft explanation that was of no value. I don't have a
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder so the address they gave doesn't work. Classic Microsoft!
    :)

iamjim, Jul 25, 2018
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Completely disable skype on startup?

This is factually incorrect for current Skype. This option is unavailable. There appears to be no way to disable Skype from automatically running in the current version of WIndows 10,

I guess Microsoft knows better that we do what is good for us.

Ken Wallewein, Jul 25, 2018
  4. How to I get the current version of Skype?

skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

How to I get the current version of Skype?

1. How to I get the current version of Skype? - Similar Threads - current version Skype

2. How can I get a more current version of MS Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get a more current version of MS Photos app: I have been using version 2024.11020.23002.0 of MS photos. on an older computer. Yesterday, I got a new computer and fully ran windows updates, but cannot get up to this version number. The app updater says I'm up-to-date...but am only at version 2024.11010.23003.0. I AM...
  3. How can I get a more current version of MS Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a more current version of MS Photos app: I have been using version 2024.11020.23002.0 of MS photos. on an older computer. Yesterday, I got a new computer and fully ran windows updates, but cannot get up to this version number. The app updater says I'm up-to-date...but am only at version 2024.11010.23003.0. I AM...
  4. How to get rid of Skype.

How to get rid of Skype.: Since few days Skype has been displayed on the right of the task bar (see image), while I have not installed it.I I searched, I did not find it neither in the installed programs nor in msconfig How to get rid of it? Regards [img] 160263
  5. How to get rid of Skype.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Skype.: Since few days Skype has been displayed on the right of the task bar (see image), while I have not installed it.I I searched, I did not find it neither in the installed programs nor in msconfig How to get rid of it? Regards [img] 160263
  6. Skype features currently being worked on

in Windows 10 News
    Skype features currently being worked on: Thank you to every Skype user that has taken time to share feedback with us. Your opinion matters deeply and helps drive our priorities forward. We are committed to making Skype the best and most powerful communication platform out there for connecting work groups, families,...
  7. How do I get the current version of Skype?

How do I get the current version of Skype?: Skype keeps threatening to abandon me if I don't upgrade to the latest version, but I can't figure out how. I found a typical Microsoft explanation that was of no value. I don't have a C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder so the address they gave doesn't work. Classic...
  8. Skype New Version

Skype New Version: New Version of Skype Available Version 7.18.0.112 41678
  9. New Version of Skype

New Version of Skype: New Version of Skype available to download Version 7.18.0.111 39971
  10. Current version

in Windows 10 Support
    Current version: Can anyone point me to where I can find the number of the current release (none insider) build. My system is showing as up to date with Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.494). However another forum suggested that was out of date and I should be at v1607 (14393.5) I tried to...