Windows 10: how to i really Add AVI support to sony vegas?

Discus and support how to i really Add AVI support to sony vegas? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For years ive used sony vegas editing video/audio tool but the lack of extension support is keeping if from being the only tool i use. but long story... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdarkmario, May 14, 2015.

1. how to i really Add AVI support to sony vegas?

For years ive used sony vegas editing video/audio tool but the lack of extension support is keeping if from being the only tool i use. but long story short i need to add AVI support to sony vegas, I deal with a lot of avi files and vegas cant ust those files. I would normally have to convert to mp4 and then add to vegas to edit but that degrades quality of the video. i have been trying all kinds of codex off the internet and none work. Does anyone here have AVI support?

:)

xdarkmario, May 14, 2015

2. does mango not support .avi ?

when i try to add a .avi file to my wp7 (mango) phone, zune for some reason wants to convert the file.

do you really mean that in 2011 you have made a video player that doesnt support divx/xvid ?

Geir Sanne, May 14, 2015
  3. cartochca Win User
    Nokia n97 videos won't play!!!

Hey guys, I was wondering that if I download and install Dvix player for mobiles on nokia N97, would that work? cause I have tried it on my previous mobile sony ericsson and it worked, and it really helped me to play .wmv or .avi files at that
    time!!!

cartochca, May 14, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

how to i really Add AVI support to sony vegas?

According to this article, Vegas will use whatever codecs you have installed:

AVI Sony Vegas 13/12/11: Easy Fix Sony Vegas AVI No Video Problem

If the AVI file is using a codec you don't have installed (and lets face it, it could be encoded with any of hundreds of codecs) then you will have issues. There's no single codec that does everything.

What you will have to do is determine which codec you need, you can do this by using a tool like gspot GSpot Codec Information Appliance or avicodec AVIcodec, a free multimedia file analyzer

This will identify the codec you need, then you need to find it and install it. There are a number of links on the avicodec page to codec packs.

If you've installed codecs and its still not working, then you probably don't have the right codec or the right version. Also, which version of Vegas are you using? You may need 64 bit codecs as well as 32 bit ones.

Mystere, May 14, 2015
  5. Well it seems to work now under certain conditions

wants wav sound

its a start but is dosent seem to like avi's from one of my cameras (a rather old one)

i installed

Lagarith
    and Xvid

still would love 100% support

xdarkmario, May 14, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    You could try Shark007 codecs.

brummyfan, May 14, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    What's the camera model? Have you checked the specs to find out which codecs it uses?

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to i really Add AVI support to sony vegas?

1. how to i really Add AVI support to sony vegas? - Similar Threads - really Add AVI

2. mon sony vegas crash a cause de kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mon sony vegas crash a cause de kernelbase.dll: voici le problème : Problem Description Application Name: VEGAS Pro Application Version: Version 18.0 Build 284 Problem: Unmanaged Exception 0xe0434352 Fault Module: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Fault Address: 0x00007FFC93794F69 Fault Offset: 0x0000000000034F69...
  3. mon sony vegas crash a cause de kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mon sony vegas crash a cause de kernelbase.dll: voici le problème : Problem Description Application Name: VEGAS Pro Application Version: Version 18.0 Build 284 Problem: Unmanaged Exception 0xe0434352 Fault Module: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Fault Address: 0x00007FFC93794F69 Fault Offset: 0x0000000000034F69...
  4. mon sony vegas crash a cause de kernelbase.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sony Vegas keeps crashing or is not responding on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Sony Vegas keeps crashing or is not responding on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Sony Vegas holds a respectable position among YouTubers and content creators. It is used to create and edit videos, before uploading them on their respectable platforms. However, lots of users are experiencing abrupt crashes. According to them, Sony Vegans keeps...
  6. Sony Vegas and .NET framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sony Vegas and .NET framework: I have downloaded Sony Vegas 17.0 and when I try to open for the first time all I get is Failed to Initialize .NET runtime. I have downloaded .NET framework and have tried to turn it on in turn windows features on or off but still Vegas does not work I really need help here....
  7. DLL SONY VEGAS

in Windows 10 Customization
    DLL SONY VEGAS: I have a DLL error, I downloaded and put the DLL that the program sony vegas says is missing and still the error remains, I have already canceled and installed the program and continue =/...
  8. Slow PC after installing Sony Vegas Pro 17

Slow PC after installing Sony Vegas Pro 17: Hello, I recently purchased and installed software to do video editing on my PC. Sony Vegas Pro 17 that I boughthere. During installing, Visual C++ 10.0 CRT x64 was installed. Upon completion of installation, I opened program to use. The first screen that appeared asked...
  9. BSOD report due to Sony Vegas and inactive partition

BSOD report due to Sony Vegas and inactive partition: Here is my report and the continuation of this thread 97347
  10. Sony Vegas Pro 12 Crashing on Launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony Vegas Pro 12 Crashing on Launch: On my PC (running build 10049), when I try to open Sony Vegas Pro 12 it closes when it gets to "Creating Windows". It was working fine a few days ago and I haven't installed any updates. It also works fine on my SP3 running the same build. 5552