Windows 10: How to identify what's keeping my Nework so Busy

Discus and support How to identify what's keeping my Nework so Busy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Howdy All! *Smile In the last few days I've notice my network is often very busy. I've recently installed a VPN: Hotspot Shield Elite, but this 'busy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jdUnionngarden, Aug 23, 2017.

1. How to identify what's keeping my Nework so Busy

Howdy All! *Smile
    In the last few days I've notice my network is often very busy.
    I've recently installed a VPN: Hotspot Shield Elite, but this 'busy network' happens without the VPN turned on. The attached screen captures were made with a freshly booted computer after 10-15 minutes; no VPN and no programs running other than startup programs.

I need a little direction on how to troubleshoot whatever this issue may be.

Appreciation goes out to all who read this post and those who reply!

:)

jdUnionngarden, Aug 23, 2017

2. network problem nokia 6303i classic

no man, it's only for my phone the nework keep goes and comes, and that happened to me after update to v 10.80 !!!

smileboy003---01, Aug 23, 2017
  3. chosmile Win User
    NSU Windows 2003 support

"Windows 2000 Server" is a server OS.

As I told you open MS site. The "Server" exist even in product name.

Microsoft Windows IT Pro Center

It can be used big or small networks or at home (personal).

Did you ever saw nework with over 500 PCs with Windows 2000 - is this big or small network for you!?

Question: What is the dependance of "network size" and "phone update"?

Answer: Nothing.

Why would they suddenly start supporting an OS from 2003 in 2007?

Because the business use such OSs. And the business is the main consumer of phones.

The question is:

Why I need to buy and keep second OS on PC only for updating phones of family, colleagues?

chosmile, Aug 23, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

How to identify what's keeping my Nework so Busy

Samuria, Aug 23, 2017
  5. Thanks for your quick reply Samuria,

Based on: "Normally, the file should be located in Program Files folder, but if you find it in Windows folder or its subfolder, it means that you have been infected with malware.":

I ran a search for "Nvcontainer.exe":
    Program Files
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\Display.Driver.{6CC58C4B-5C8E-4A43-863B-BBDF60950252}
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\Display.Driver.{BDCA6E7A-815B-4E7E-B872-C8F0782EEE44}
    Windows Folder
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvhdci.inf_amd64_1283e2dbc79dc66d
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvhdci.inf_amd64_9de7d87508ae6021

All have dates that correspond with the August or July updates of Nvidia GeForce Experience leading me to think it is a legitimate Nvidia file except that I see two in \Windows\System32.

Since I scan regularly and Norton is constantly watching my system (and I have not seen any issues or error/warning messages) I thought I'd run this past you before making any changes.

Re: "My PC is infected with Nvcontainer.exe! What should I do?"
    "Step 1. Create an image of your system and back up important files"

This step seems counter productive if I (now) image my system, and I have a Trojan virus, wouldn't that just copy the virus too?

Thanks again!
    Best,

jdUnionngarden, Aug 24, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    If its the corect lots of post of it giving network problems so stop it and see if things settle down

Samuria, Aug 24, 2017
  7. Must have been a false alarm.
    I ran a Norton full system scan that found 2 tracking cookies. Subsequently all has quieted down.

Thanks again Samuria for your reply and suggestions.

*Smile
    Best,

jdUnionngarden, Aug 24, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Aug 24, 2017
  9. Thanks Eagle51,
    Looks interesting ... I'll check it out.
    Best,

jdUnionngarden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to identify what's keeping my Nework so Busy - Similar Threads - identify what's keeping

2. what service keeps my disk busy while running command line...and how to disable that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what service keeps my disk busy while running command line...and how to disable that?: I have a Win11pro system that i use every so often to organize, stitch or resize using a series of cmd scripts.Used to do this on the same, but Win10pro system and have never noticed this problem.for this task i use 2 external USB3 disks, one with the original files and the...
  3. what service keeps my disk busy while running command line...and how to disable that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what service keeps my disk busy while running command line...and how to disable that?: I have a Win11pro system that i use every so often to organize, stitch or resize using a series of cmd scripts.Used to do this on the same, but Win10pro system and have never noticed this problem.for this task i use 2 external USB3 disks, one with the original files and the...
  4. Identifying Malicious Background Processes What to Keep and What to Remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identifying Malicious Background Processes What to Keep and What to Remove: Good Morning Microsoft Support, After going through my Task Manager, I have noticed a few irregular processes running in the background or suspended. This made me wonder if there is an existing resource or guide on how to identify which processes are malicious, and which are...
  5. Identifying Malicious Background Processes What to Keep and What to Remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identifying Malicious Background Processes What to Keep and What to Remove: Good Morning Microsoft Support, After going through my Task Manager, I have noticed a few irregular processes running in the background or suspended. This made me wonder if there is an existing resource or guide on how to identify which processes are malicious, and which are...
  6. Easily identifying multiple Onedrive for Business accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Easily identifying multiple Onedrive for Business accounts: Hi allI have several Microsoft emails for different segements of the business and on my computers I have added them all to the App to sync and all works fine apart from the names Windows gives them are;Company name Company name1Company name2Company name3But at each reboot...
  7. home private neworking

home private neworking: I have multiple computers connected to the same router. One connected directly via ethernet, the rest via wireless. They all can see each other but do not have permission to be allowed access to any other computer. All sharing options are active and set to everyone. What am I...
  8. how to set up home nework

how to set up home nework: I just bought a second computer and it is running win Pro 10 and my original is running win Home. I can't figure out how to set up a hame network. please help. Krisandra...
  9. My computer keep identifying my wacom as a mouse no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer keep identifying my wacom as a mouse no matter what I do.: Hello I'm using a Wacom Intuos model CTL-680 together with Windows 10 and everything was fine thus far till around late July-early August this year or so when the computer couldn't connect to my wacom anymore. I'm using a wireless connection and have always kept my laptop...
  10. neworking method priority

neworking method priority: I have both ethernet and wifi connected at the same time. How do i verify the system is using ethernet as the first priority https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/neworking-method-priority/3dd94fc6-385a-4b3b-b5db-0630453977ea