Windows 10: How to identify which application using my Camera?

Discus and support How to identify which application using my Camera? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am curious to know which application using my camera and micophone currently?Most of the anivirus like avast, norton,Kaspersky they are having the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Simon.Enitron, May 15, 2024.

1. How to identify which application using my Camera?

I am curious to know which application using my camera and micophone currently?Most of the anivirus like avast, norton,Kaspersky they are having the feature called "webcam Protection", in that they can easily showing that,I know in windows setting>privacy & Security we have the option to see. is there any other way without usesing this settings options ?Is there a rigistry path to check which application surrently using the WindowsCamera.exe or FrameServer.dll?

:)

Simon.Enitron, May 15, 2024

2. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 15, 2024
  3. jekiboi20 Win User
    Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: Nokia and HMD phones support to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, May 15, 2024
  4. Sher Amo Win User

How to identify which application using my Camera?

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, May 15, 2024
Thema:

How to identify which application using my Camera?

1. How to identify which application using my Camera? - Similar Threads - identify application using

2. Camera crashes whenever a application uses it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera crashes whenever a application uses it: My camera Logitech c922 pro crashes whenever I open Camera, Obs, etc. any application that tries to use my camera, my camera instantly disconnects itself and when I close the program it instantly connects itself again I've tried all of these1. Reinstalled webcam drivers via...
  3. Camera crashes whenever a application uses it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera crashes whenever a application uses it: My camera Logitech c922 pro crashes whenever I open Camera, Obs, etc. any application that tries to use my camera, my camera instantly disconnects itself and when I close the program it instantly connects itself again I've tried all of these1. Reinstalled webcam drivers via...
  4. Camera crashes whenever a application uses it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to identify which application using my Camera?

How to identify which application using my Camera?: I am curious to know which application using my camera and micophone currently?Most of the anivirus like avast, norton,Kaspersky they are having the feature called "webcam Protection", in that they can easily showing that,I know in windows setting>privacy & Security we have...
  6. How to identify which driver is causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify which driver is causing BSOD: HiI have trouble almost a year now with random BSOD on my ROG Laptop. Send it back to service, they returned it with conclusion - no hardware issues.It has to be a buggy driver - that's what WhoCrashed always suggestsBut I can't identify which one.I'm constantly updating....
  7. How to identify which driver is causing BSOD

How to identify which driver is causing BSOD: HiI have trouble almost a year now with random BSOD on my ROG Laptop. Send it back to service, they returned it with conclusion - no hardware issues.It has to be a buggy driver - that's what WhoCrashed always suggestsBut I can't identify which one.I'm constantly updating....
  8. how to identify which driver should be installed

how to identify which driver should be installed: Previously I have taken backup of my all drivers by Code: dism /online /export-driver /destination:C:\drivers-backup They were working fine in Windows 10 Home Edition. and restored them as shown here. I now thought I should upgrade things to latest drivers.So I downloaded...
  9. Camera in use by another application

Camera in use by another application: I keep getting the above message when I try to use my webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/camera-in-use-by-another-application/6403038b-3404-4633-bc20-f55292829006
  10. How to determine which applications are currently using a service

How to determine which applications are currently using a service: Is there a way to find out, which applications are currently using a service? Kindest Regards 55956