Windows 10: How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium

Discus and support How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to: How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

Microsoft has also introduced a new Microsoft Edge logo that is designed to capture the waves of innovation that they plan to bring to you.

Currently, the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge web browser is only available to download and install as a Microsoft Edge Insider. General availability to the public is expected to be on January 15, 2020 in more than 90 languages.

The new Microsoft Edge will be supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.

See also:
    Microsoft Edge allows you to easily import your favorites or bookmarks, saved passwords, addresses and more, payment info, and browsing history directly from other installed web browsers or from a HTML file.

This tutorial will show you how to import favorites and browser data from HTML file, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer to the Chromium based Microsoft Edge.

Here's How:

1 Open Microsoft Edge.

2 Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+F) 3 dots menu icon, click/tap on Favorites, and click/tap on Import. (see screenshot below)

3 Do step 4 (Google Chrome), step 5 (Internet Explorer), step 6 (Firefox), or step 7 (HTML file) for how you want to import from.

4 Import Favorites and Browser Data from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge
    A) Select Google Chrome in the Import from drop menu. (see screenshot below)

B) Under Choose what you to import, check the items you want to import, and uncheck the items you do not want to import.

C) Click/tap on Import, and go to step 8.

How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium [​IMG]

5 Import Favorites and Browser Data from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge
    A) Select Microsoft Internet Explorer in the Import from drop menu. (see screenshot below)

B) Under Choose what you to import, check the items you want to import, and uncheck the items you do not want to import.

6 Import Favorites and Browser Data from Firefox to Microsoft Edge
    A) Select Mozilla Firefox in the Import from drop menu. (see screenshot below)

7 Import Favorites or Bookmarks from HTML file to Microsoft Edge
    A) Select Favorites or bookmarks HTML file in the Import from drop menu. (see screenshot below)

B) Under Choose what you to import, check Favorites or bookmarks, and click/tap on Choose a file.

C) Navigate to and select the HTML file you want to import, click/tap on Open, and go to step 8. (see screenshot below)

8 Click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 31, 2018

2. How to import the Favorites to Microsoft Edge?

Hi Starcia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the Favorites and Browser history got deleted on Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you.

Did you clear the Browser history prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to restore the Favorites and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check Favorites folder in User profile

1. Open File Explorer or press Windows logo + E
    keys.

2. Navigate to C drive > Users >
    Select your User profile > Favorites.

3. If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.

Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Click on Favorites and select Favorites settings.

3. Click on Import.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Import from a browser

To import favorites from Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox into Microsoft Edge, follow these steps.

In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more> Settings> Import from another browser.

Choose the browser from which you want to import (only the browsers installed on this computer will be shown in the list) and then select Import.

Recommendation: To show favorites in the bookmarks bar, select Settings and more> Settings and activate show favorites bar. Then select Hub> Favorites and drag the ones you want into the Favorites Bar folder.

I hope this can help

regards

MiguelChiappori, Oct 27, 2019
  4. ram93 Win User

Import all data from Opera to new chromium edge

Good day,

I was googling in search of importing all data from opera to new chromium edge, but couldn't find anything. Opera doesn't show up in the browser list in the IMPORT option. HTML method does not help to import all data from another browser.
    Could you please help me on this?

ram93, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

It only imports my bookmarks, not my active logins

Pagefile'sys, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium - Similar Threads - Import Favorites Browser

2. How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser: Having a place where you can save websites and links that are frequently visited by you is a feature present across browsers running on all Operating Systems. This functionality may be named differently but works in a similar capacity most of the time; you find a link to be...
  3. Edge Chromium Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Favorites: Could someone tell me when MS changed the way favorites are accessed in Edge Chromium. It used to be horizontal and now it's back to all vertical. I haven't seen any updates in the last few days, but it just changed overnight. 173585
  4. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is probably the best browser that might now keep in mind that it offers all the features that Chrome has to […] This article How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Recovering edge chromium favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Recovering edge chromium favorites: My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd. I recovered all my data by a simple copy and paste. I would like to know what file (maybe a db file) can I copy extract and replace to recover...
  6. Recovering edge chromium favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering edge chromium favorites: My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd. I recovered all my data by a simple copy and paste. I would like to know what file (maybe a db file) can I copy extract and replace to recover...
  7. Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge: I have been using Edge Chromium Beta for some time now and all relevant favorites are now on that browser. I cannot find a way to export the favorites from the beta version so I can delete the old Edge favorites and import them into the new Edge that comes with build 2004....
  8. How to reset the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser is not working properly, you may have to Reset the Edge browser. Maybe the browser starts slowly, is slow to respond, hangs, crashes or generally does not work efficiently as it should. In [...] This post How...
  9. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  10. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import firefox data into edge