Windows 10: How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

Discus and support How to import Firefox favorites into Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SCWillson, Sep 6, 2015.

1. SCWillson Win User

How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't import html?

:)

SCWillson, Sep 6, 2015

2. Edge not reading the Favorites folder after Feb 9 2016 update

Okay, but how do I put my old favorites into that database file? Copy-pasting doesn't seem to be an option, and the export tool only gives me the two folders that are currently in the Edge favorites list.

As a side note, I found that selecting "import from Edge" in Firefox adds my old favorites into it. After using this import to go from Edge -> Firefox -> Chrome -> Edge (since Chrome can't import from Edge but vice versa works, Chrome can import from Firefox,
    and Edge can't import from Firefox but vice versa works), Edge got a few of the files back, but most weren't copied in the import process (and some folders were copied, but they were copied empty).

I could theoretically just switch to using Chrome/Firefox now with the imported favorites and be done with it, but I'd still like to fix this issue, if possible.

RobertFilkin, Sep 6, 2015
  3. All favourites gone since Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513)

Let's try a different approach.

Install firefox, run it, and import all favorites from MS Edge. if all favorites was imported to Firefox, import it back to MS edge. if not, I suggest you chat MS support.

Rasheed Mandeep, Sep 6, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Sep 6, 2015
  5. DaddyG Win User
    DaddyG, Sep 7, 2015
  6. SCWillson Win User
    Thanks! I will give that a try.

I really don't understand how Microsoft thinks it will entice users of other browsers to try Edge when people can't even import from a previous browser. *Rolleyes

SCWillson, Sep 7, 2015
  7. mopar3 Win User
    Maybe I'm missing something here.

But, when I open my Favorites list at the top on the right side I show "Import Favorites" The only other browser I have installed is IE and that is what is shown in list. Am I wrong in thinking that if I had we'll say Chrome installed would it not be shown as well and choose it would Import those favorites.

mopar3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge - Similar Threads - import Firefox favorites

2. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  3. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  4. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  5. Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.: That about say's it all. Here is a screenshot: [img] Henry 73197
  6. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  7. Import Favorites some are missing in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Import Favorites some are missing in Edge: Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites from IE to Edge. I checked,...
  8. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  9. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks...