Windows 10: How to import photos from folder (not an external device)

Discus and support How to import photos from folder (not an external device) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to import photos from a folder? In other words, I would like to us the import photo feature commonly found in picture editing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yellowjacket03, Jul 7, 2016.

1. How to import photos from folder (not an external device)

Is there a way to import photos from a folder? In other words, I would like to us the import photo feature commonly found in picture editing applications, but would like to point to a folder on my desktop (c:\ drive) rather than a camera or external device. The reason I want to do this is because I want to group the photos in folders by date taken and have then moved to my "Pictures" folder along with all my other photos. In the past, I used Google Picasa 3 to do this, but it is no longer supported and I would like to find another way. Any suggestions?

:)

yellowjacket03, Jul 7, 2016

2. Import photos from external dvd/cd drive to photos app in windows 10

The Copy and Paste method is your only option from optical media such as CD.

So, open the disc, select all the photos (press Control + A)

Open the Pictures folder

Create a new folder, name it, then press Paste or Control + V

Andre Da Costa, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Import photos from external dvd/cd drive to photos app in windows 10

Is there a way to import photos from an external dvd/cd usb drive in windows 10 photos app. When I select import, usb just get a message that says try again. USB drive is connected, turned on and disc is in drive. Am using new dell precision all in one.
    All other media plays or is readable from my external drive. I can copy and past but not import.

Pam Cliburn, Jul 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

How to import photos from folder (not an external device)

The Windows Photo App allows you to select any folder as a location for the pictures it processes. You add your folder via the settings page.

The pictures will then appear along with all the others you have in date order. The Photos app does not physically move the pictures but simply sorts the viewing of them and even automatically creates albums for you. It might be worth a look at this before you try any other apps.

philc43, Jul 7, 2016
Thema:

How to import photos from folder (not an external device)

1. How to import photos from folder (not an external device) - Similar Threads - import photos folder

2. Import from External Device Difficulties with New Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import from External Device Difficulties with New Update: Hi, I regularly import images from my iPhone to my desktop with the Windows photos app. Was there an update done? The new software that does this is significantly slower, and it doesn't sort the media in chronological order. It is simply more difficult than the way it was...
  3. Import from External Device Difficulties with New Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import from External Device Difficulties with New Update: Hi, I regularly import images from my iPhone to my desktop with the Windows photos app. Was there an update done? The new software that does this is significantly slower, and it doesn't sort the media in chronological order. It is simply more difficult than the way it was...
  4. Import photos from device from specific folder

Import photos from device from specific folder: Hello, I'm trying to import the pictures of my phone with the Photos App However it presents me also the pictures of whatsapp and many others which are not pictures I have taken. The phone contain also an SD Card with the pictures of my previous phone. How can I limit the...
  5. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  6. Importing photos from phone into photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  7. importing photos from iphone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    importing photos from iphone: How do I import photos once my phone is connected to Microsoft or pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-iphone/646153ff-8737-42bf-a7c8-ee7d9632b454"
  8. Unable to import photos from Android device

Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...
  9. Import Photos from SD card to external drive

Import Photos from SD card to external drive: I would like to know how to import photos from a memory card to an external hard drive for storage. I'm using the Photos App and wish to work with that App to edit, organize, etc. I don't see a choice for the external hard drive when I select Import. If the photos are on...
  10. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices: I swear I had a import photos and videos option for devices on Windows 10 but now it seems I don't. This is what I get for options. [img] I don't even have the options in my autoplay settings and default settings. Any help would be great. 22675