Windows 10: How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro

Discus and support How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Installed Outlook 2016 Preview on W7 with no problems. Address Book showed Contacts. Updated W7 to W10. All contacts now show in People app, but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jenkins Ear, Jul 31, 2015.

1. How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro

Installed Outlook 2016 Preview on W7 with no problems. Address Book showed Contacts. Updated W7 to W10. All contacts now show in People app, but Outlook no longer sees those contacts.

How can I migrate/export-import the W10 People contacts into Outlook 2016?

:)

Jenkins Ear, Jul 31, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

People - How do you import contacts into People for Windows 10?

I only use a MS account for my sign-in & Windows 10 mail, which is why it works for me. Google mail I access via a browser and use their contacts that way. (I don't try to mix systems)

All I can suggest is you report the problems via the Feedback Hub for the developers to see, or search for any similar reports and Upvote them.

neilpzz, Jul 31, 2015
  3. sud0nim Win User
    People - How do you import contacts into People for Windows 10?

Hi neilpzz,

W10 came with a program call Mail version 17.8008.420010. I could not make it work so installed Windows Live Mail which I am still using. I did manage to get my contacts into Live Mail but messed around trying so many things I don't really know what worked
    in the end.

My main point is - why do MS make life so difficult ? I am currently trying to get rid of Groove Music so that it does not keep replacing Windows Media Player which is much superior. But in its wisdom, MS has made GM unresponsive to Uninstall utility -
    I have to go through the Default apps by file type and replace GM by WMP individually, even tho' the default music player already set to WMP. What kind of Trog makes these decisions ?

sud0nim, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro

1. How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro - Similar Threads - Import W10 Contacts

2. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  3. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  4. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  5. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  6. Windows 10 "People" aka contacts app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "People" aka contacts app.: How do I customize the Windows 10 "People" default template i.e. I'd like to remove some labels and replace those removed with new labels?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-people-aka-contacts-app/eb8bf738-cd79-4889-85fc-f506eb203d59
  7. Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People: I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth...
  8. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  9. Contacts from People won't show up in Outlook 2016?

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts from People won't show up in Outlook 2016?: Hi, I have been trying to get a friend's contacts back working after his laptop died during the Creators update... He had been using Windows Live Mail and even with an intact hard drive I couldn't find his old contacts. Which is likely because he had NEVER exported them or...
  10. Outlook 2016 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...