Windows 10: How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text

Discus and support How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to change the size of text in certain windows. In this screenshot you can see a window with somewhat small text which I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THX1138, Oct 5, 2015.

1. THX1138 Win User

How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text

I would like to change the size of text in certain windows. In this screenshot you can see a window with somewhat small text which I would like to enlarge. Ironically, it's explaining my options for increasing the size of text in some situations but it doesn't appear to offer an option to increase the size of itself. This however, is the text I want to increase the size of. I don't spend much time reading titlebars because there isn't a lot to read. There is much more reason to increase the size of text in these dialogues or whatever they're now called.

How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Oct 5, 2015

2. How to increase the the size of fonts Letter size e.mails i use g mail .com

Hi Donald,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you using Gmail.com? through browser or mail app?
    • If using through browser, which browser are you using?
    Meanwhile, you may try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the settings menu in the upper right-hand corner and choose Labs.
    • Scroll down to "Default Text Styling" in the list, and enable it.
    • Adjust the font-face, size, style, and color of the text to your liking.
    If doesn't work, I suggest you to contact Gmail support and check if they can help with this issue.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 5, 2015
  3. Areidamar Win User
    How to increase the font size of YOUR SMS on your Nokia E71

Hi!

I have a font size problem too. I do not have an E71, but a 2323 and when set to normal, the font IS normal when texting but reeeally small when reading an SMS. When set to big, it is normal when receiving, but huuuge when texting.

This is really annoying especially because I use very much the SMS.

PLS help How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text :(

Areidamar, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

You might want to try Menus. Not sure though. Ha! I just tried every one without any change in text. Maybe the Font size has to be changed.

Gary, Oct 5, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    I frequently use the feature of Windows where one can use the Ctrl key + the Plus sign/+ to increase the size of contents in a window/program or Ctrl key + the Minus sign/- to decrease the size. Can also use the Ctrl key + the mouse wheel to do the same. Both help my older eyes on some pages.

Berton, Oct 5, 2015
  6. THX1138 Win User
    I'm not sure it's correct to call that a feature of Windows. I'm pretty sure it's a feature of Firefox and Chrome and possible other web browsers. It certainly doesn't help in my case but thanks anyway.

THX1138, Oct 5, 2015
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    I believe the only supported way to change the size of text in dialog boxes is to use the "Change size of items" option in display settings. The issue is that you can't just change the text size as this may cause it to overflow the space assigned to it. This option resizes things so everything fits. This will change text size in all dialogs. Changing the size in individual windows would have to be done by the program that owns them and I am quite certain Windows doesn't provide for that.

LMiller7, Oct 5, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

It works in a number of programs, a partial exception is it works in my Word 2010 and WordPerfect X3 to use Ctrl + the mouse wheel to resize the view in the document window.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text - Similar Threads - increase size dialogue

2. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    increase in brightness and size of texts: Yesterday all of sudden the laptop brightness just got increased and the texts got huger and brighter, adjusting brightness still doesnt change the brightness of the text its literally hurts my eyes...
  3. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    increase in brightness and size of texts: Yesterday all of sudden the laptop brightness just got increased and the texts got huger and brighter, adjusting brightness still doesnt change the brightness of the text its literally hurts my eyes...
  4. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to increase text size in HP assistant?

how to increase text size in HP assistant?: how to increase text size in HP Assistant app/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-text-size-in-hp-assistant/915b5d0c-5892-4ef7-b836-85287db2666d
  6. Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.: HelloHave looked through many questions. I just had my work computer upgraded to Windows 11. When I open a file, either through Word, Excel, etc., or use Windows Explorer, or try to insert a photo -- the dialogue box that pops up with the files in them is usually far too...
  7. Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.

Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.: HelloHave looked through many questions. I just had my work computer upgraded to Windows 11. When I open a file, either through Word, Excel, etc., or use Windows Explorer, or try to insert a photo -- the dialogue box that pops up with the files in them is usually far too...
  8. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  9. how to increase text size in icons

how to increase text size in icons: I like Windows 10 but the text size on the icons is soooo small. How can I increase it without changing the resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-text-size-in-icons/5ca364cc-acd2-4ac8-8576-7f3c7ba338ea
  10. Menu - increase text size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Menu - increase text size: Hi there I've managed to increase text sizes on most things but the Menu has very small text (It seems ALL I.T people have very good eyesight - on a large monitor I find the standard text size FAR to small to use properly !!). Anybody know how to increase text size of...