Windows 10: How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger

Discus and support How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't understand the reasoning behind removing the ability to set the display fonts. What was wrong with letting individual users set the font type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Connor.T2, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Connor.T2 Win User

How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger

I don't understand the reasoning behind removing the ability to set the display fonts. What was wrong with letting individual users set the font type and size?

My eyes aren't getting any younger and the font used in windows explorer is too small at times. I want to make them larger as well as pick a different font type. I do not want to make *everything else* larger, I don't want to have to toggle the magnifier on and off.

I would really prefer to be able to do this within windows and not use a third-party app.

:)

Connor.T2, Jul 10, 2018
  2. haolekook Win User

how to make font size larger in file explorer...

So... Here I am again. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the font size larger in windows 10 FILE EXPLORER?

Not the "advanced display setting" change. I am talking specifically about FILE EXPLORER. Changing the font size of text in title bars, menus, etc. has no effect on FILE EXPLORER.

The text or font size in left and right panes are too small. I need the font size to be bigger. Is that possible? If not from windows or file explorer settings, then maybe an add-on? And if windows does not provide the functionality to change font size,
    does anyone know of an alternative app that does?

Not the "large icon" setting. I am talking specifically about the font size, not the icons.

Thank you.

haolekook, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Jul 10, 2018
  4. How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger

Sudden increase in Font size everywhere

The font size of icons as well as font size of everything in the file explorer increased suddenly. Its at 100% scaling, but still is larger than usual. I also tried custom scaling
    but did not work. The font size in the Apps window, start and tiles is proper but the font size of icon text, folders titles, disc names etc. is bigger than usual. please help

SumitKulkarni, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger

1. How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger - Similar Threads - increase explorer font

2. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  3. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  4. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't increase font size in Paint larger than 22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't increase font size in Paint larger than 22: Windows 11 on new computer.I can't increase the font size past 22 on the 'Type' feature in Paint. I have increased the text box and the size of the canvas. Neither of those options have worked. I have closed out of paint and gone back in and the issue still occurs. :/ Is...
  6. Can't increase font size in Paint larger than 22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't increase font size in Paint larger than 22: Windows 11 on new computer.I can't increase the font size past 22 on the 'Type' feature in Paint. I have increased the text box and the size of the canvas. Neither of those options have worked. I have closed out of paint and gone back in and the issue still occurs. :/ Is...
  7. Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...: I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the number of characters icons/folders can have in their name before the name is cut short with an ellipses and I mean aside from...
  8. how to increase font size

how to increase font size: How does one increase the font size as a default across applications. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/44899ef9-731a-4b0e-aafa-484b54aa3e88
  9. Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else: I have found a number of items on this topic but as yet have found nothing that solves the problem. It seems that the "text only" options that were available in earlier builds of Windows 10 have, as happens with most useful features, been phased out in subsequent builds....
  10. How to make system font larger

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make system font larger: I want to make the system font larger. I have searched everywhere but all the answers seem to be the same with no way to do it. All the old ways such as menu font size ETC which I can do! The font size in the address bar of any browser I would like to make larger, for...