Windows 10: How to install a microphone

Discus and support How to install a microphone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; In this guide, we will discuss all the types of microphones you may want to setup, and will guide you through doing that in Windows. Let me list the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to install a microphone

In this guide, we will discuss all the types of microphones you may want to setup, and will guide you through doing that in Windows. Let me list the microphone types we are going to talk about (click on the one that’s relevant to you to hop right to it): Built-in microphone in a laptop [...]

The post How to install a microphone appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Jun 19, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2018
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2018
  4. How to install a microphone

Microphone Problems (Please Help)

Hi Larry,

We'd like to verify a few things in order for us to assist you effectively. Kindly confirm the following:

Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)

• Do you get an error when you're trying to use your microphone?
    • What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • How did you install your microphone to your Windows 10 PC? Kindly verify if the steps below are the same as the steps you have performed:

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, select the microphone or recording device you'd like to set up. Select
      Configure.

• Select Set up microphone, and follow the steps of the
      Microphone Setup Wizard

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

How to install a microphone

1. How to install a microphone - Similar Threads - install microphone

2. Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail: I have accepted the way Windows Logo recycles sometimes for hours before Sign in page appears. Any BIOs setting other than Legacy will not allow DVD to start the process. My HP Laptop is an OEM win 10. The hard drive passed away due to mechanical fail, I replaced it with...
  3. Windows Defender KB4052623 impossible to install, error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender KB4052623 impossible to install, error 0x80070643: Hi! As the title says, I can't install KB4052623 from Windows Update, it fails with 0x80070643. I have tried reinstalling the OS, same problem. 123689
  4. microphone not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microphone not installed: hi i tried to video/voice chat with my sister on facebook messenger and kept getting the message make sure messenger is allowed to use your microphone so i would check and it says it is allowed i have a nextbook flexx11 and it came with a built in microphone but i found out...
  5. new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found: Skype just installed and I just used it successfully for calling a landline. In settings it complains camera, microphone, speakers: no device found -- and there is no method to repair this, only a weblink, with no information about the problem. So - how to repair this?...
  6. No microphone input after fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No microphone input after fresh Windows install: Hello everyone, A few days ago I installed Nvidia CUDA on my ROG laptop (GL502VM) to use on a project. However, doing so messed up my Windows installation to the point that it wouldn't boot even after a full factory reset. So I installed a fresh version of Windows from an...
  7. Microphone isn’t working after installing Clownfish

Microphone isn’t working after installing Clownfish: Earlier in the day I got the idea to get Clownfish to mess around with my friends in good fun (huge mistake), my microphone didn’t work so I went to playback and it had disappeared. I uninstalled clownfish, reinstalled, uninstalled again until it finally was fixed (so I...
  8. Where should I install microphone?

Where should I install microphone?: I went to set up Skype on my laptop and it says "No device found" for microphone. Neither is there anything under Control Panel > Sound - it says no audio devices are installed. [img] I did a clean install recently and there is nothing missing in device manager (no...
  9. Microphone not working since install of Windows 10

Microphone not working since install of Windows 10: Since installing Windows 10 my desktop will no longer recognise any external microphones, i've tested the microphonse elsewhere and they're working fine. The only place on my pc that will still recognise the microphone is Skype which only shows it in the settings in the form...
  10. Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static

Installed Windows 10, microphone is now almost pure static: Hey everyone. I'm at wit's end trying to solve this one. I've been running Windows 7 for the last, what, seven years? I finally decided to make the jump to Windows 10 because I've really enjoyed it on other computers, and almost everything went swimmingly -- except for my...