Windows 10: How to install a new windows 10 64 bit on top windows 10 32 bit PC?

Discus and support How to install a new windows 10 64 bit on top windows 10 32 bit PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Try to boot from a different USB port. It seems Windows does not have the required USB drivers to read from that particular USB port. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rshalev, Feb 3, 2017.

1. How to install a new windows 10 64 bit on top windows 10 32 bit PC?

Try to boot from a different USB port. It seems Windows does not have the required USB drivers to read from that particular USB port.

slicendice, Feb 5, 2017
  2. rshalev Win User

Thanks for your continues help,

I'll try that and will report on results..

Is that what those error messages mean (no support for that USB port?)?

rshalev, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Berton Win User
    It must be kept in mind that usually the BIOS has built-in support for USB 2.0 but not for USB 3.0, has to wait the the Operating System to load drivers to get USB 3.0 working.

Berton, Feb 6, 2017
  4. How to install a new windows 10 64 bit on top windows 10 32 bit PC?

Yes, as Berton said. Windows may not have that particular driver for the that particular USB chipset and therefore can not find the device that contains your install.wim file.
    Yes, rshaslev should try to boot from a USB2.0 port. Try all ports one by one until you find a port that enables Windows setup to read the files on the USB-stick.

slicendice, Feb 6, 2017
  5. rshalev Win User
    Hello to all of you and than you very much for your contributions and help with this issue of mine. First I'll try to answer a few questions that were raised...
    1. I bought this additional Windows 10 pro software since I purchased a Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 7 pro (64 bit) and I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. This was done and went well.
    2. I did try to transfer the installation file to a DVD disk and install by booting from the optical device - did not work.
    3. Also transferred the installation file to a USB device, tried to install from it. I started OK, asked for windows Key and after that it came back with the error message that i mentioned in one of my entries.
    4. One of you suggested to use a different USB port, I tried that too with several port, still no luck.

Besides the laptop that I mentioned above, I have another PC that is running on Windows 10 64 bit. and this laptop that I'm trying to upgrade to 64 bit.

Any additional suggestions or ideas on how to get it to work on 64 bit would be greatly appreciated, i'm willing to try anything...

Thank you very much to all of you.

Rami

rshalev, Feb 7, 2017
  6. rshalev Win User
    Regarding "Besides the laptop that I mentioned above, I have another PC that is running on Windows 10 64 bit. and this laptop that I'm trying to upgrade to 64 bit. It was supposed to read ... "and this PC I'm trying to upgrade to 64 bit"...
    Thanks

rshalev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to install a new windows 10 64 bit on top windows 10 32 bit PC?

1. How to install a new windows 10 64 bit on top windows 10 32 bit PC? - Similar Threads - install bit top

2. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  3. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  4. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. install Windows 10 32 bit in 64 bit system

install Windows 10 32 bit in 64 bit system: My laptop has 64 bit system and only 2 GB ram non up-gradable and I want to use Windows 10 32 bit in order to lessen the usage of RAM. installing a windows 10 64 bit OS is fine on my windows 10 computer, when i try installing a 32 bit OS on 64 bit machine, i always get...
  6. 32-bit Windows 10 in 64-bit PC

32-bit Windows 10 in 64-bit PC: My PC has 64-bit archtecture and runs 64-bit Windows 10 Home version 1903. I have an old but well working printer with only a 32-bit driver. I need to run 32-bit Windows 10 to be able to use the printer. I have downloaded 32-bit Windows.iso and "burned " it on a USB hard...
  7. Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: Hello, I've just bought windows 10 32 bit and released I need the 64 bit version instead will I be able to upgrade this or will I need to buy the 64 bit version instead...
  8. Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit

Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit: I recently purchased a new hard drive, and I installed windows 10 64 bit on my laptop (Inspiron 15 3000 series) and after that the laptop started runnin slow, unable to use my technical drawing apps and my games. my RAM is 4GB and I want to install windows 10 32 bit but...
  9. 32 bit or 64 bit window 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit or 64 bit window 10?: how can i find out if my Windows 10 Home is a 32 bit or 64 bit version? My laptop is a 64 bit operating system. I've looked at the "Settings -- System -- About" and all it tells me is that it is Windows 10 Home....
  10. Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?

Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?: Yesterday I installed windows 10 with 32-bit operating system, but now I want to change the operating system to 64-bit. I want to know if I can reinstalled windows 10 with 64-bit operating system? 11557