Windows 10: How to install a USB Printer Twice

Discus and support How to install a USB Printer Twice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to use two different settings and want to install the same USB Printer with two different names and then set different settings for each. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam9, Feb 10, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

How to install a USB Printer Twice

I want to use two different settings and want to install the same USB Printer with two different names and then set different settings for each. Is it possible?

:)

2. printer help needed

X4875 printer connected with USB cable.

Win 10 shows it as a USB disk drive, drive J (with printer icon).

I reinstalled drivers twice, same problem "No Communication with printer".

printer help needed, Feb 10, 2017
  3. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Feb 10, 2017
  4. How to install a USB Printer Twice

See if the last post in THIS thread helps. Was for Win 7 but may work for 10 as well.

ComputerGeek, Feb 11, 2017
  5. sam9 Win User
    Thanks ComputerGeek. It helped me and I can access this second printer from other domain PC and I can print on my PC also by selecting this printer in print command but this printer is not visible in device and printers thus I am not able to make settings in this printer e.g Form settings. Seek your advice.

6. Searching for a solution....

Open windows services (ControlPanel->Admin Tools->Services). Right click Device Setup Manager->Properties and set StartupType to Automatic. reboot. Any luck?

Not the perfect solution.. But copy/paste following into File Explorer and hit Enter. It should display all printers. Does it show the new printer installed? Try opening the printer from there to change settings.
    Code: C:\Windows\explorer.exe ::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}[/quote] /* EDIT */
    You can also try getting to the printer settings from ControlPanel->Admin Tools->Print Management.

ComputerGeek, Feb 13, 2017
  7. sam9 Win User
    /* EDIT */
    You can also try getting to the printer settings from ControlPanel->Admin Tools->Print Management.[/quote] Excellent. Your code worked. But still I have some issues. There is no print server property in this window, so I am not able to create a Form here. Mine is a domain PC having Win 7. Though I am able to create Form at the Server PC for this printer but could not check the result. I will again come to this thread tomorrow with the result. Is it possible to create the Form at my PC.

8. How to install a USB Printer Twice

On the one hand, I'm not familiar with setting printer forms nor very familiar with local PC vs. print server issues for domain PCs. That said, I did find a thread that might be helpful: Can't create a new form in print server properties

Otherwise, you can create a new post in Win 7 forums (as is a Win 7 PC issue). Be sure to also indicate Windows Server version you're working with. Certainly there are some here more familiar with domains and Windows Server though I think most people here have workstation PCs. Other good forums I've found for posting Server related issues include Spiceworks and MS Technet Windows Server forums. Hope that helps!

ComputerGeek, Feb 14, 2017
  9. sam9 Win User
    Thanks again for your valuable suggessions. I have created form from server. I kept top margin once 0.15 then 0.20 then 0.50 but it is printing from the same place. May be settings of virtual printer is getting override by actual printer settings. This I will have to check up with the experts.

sam9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to install a USB Printer Twice

1. How to install a USB Printer Twice - Similar Threads - install USB Printer

2. I can not install USB printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  3. I can not install USB printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  4. We can't install a shared USB printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We can't install a shared USB printer: There is a USB printer shared in host which in domain. We could search in domain, but it appear " A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this printer queue".It's a shared printer in local, not an IP printer . And we could connect to the...
  5. KB4023057 installed twice

KB4023057 installed twice: Update KB4023057 installed twice for some unknown reason. It successfully installed on Jan 22 and Feb 24. Would someone please explain why this happened. I look forward to anyone's comments. Thanks...
  6. How to Add an Old USB Printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Add an Old USB Printer?: I have an HP LaserJet 1012 USB printer that worked OK under Windows 7. HP tells me they won't bother to write an up-to-date driver for it to work with my new Windows 10 Pro OS. Am I out of luck, or is there a generic print driver somewhere that might be made to work? Or...
  7. how to install printer

how to install printer: how to install printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-printer/ae65617d-cc27-443d-a275-76616d1ba601
  8. USB Printer

USB Printer: We have two usb printers connected DTC1250E and DCP 132W As long as they are connected in that order . Then we can set the DCP132W to the default printer and the muster report runs to it . ie right click on a note pad file and it prints to the DC)132W We can log off and...
  9. UPDATE INSTALLED TWICE

UPDATE INSTALLED TWICE: Windows update KB4497936 installed twice on my pc. I deleted it once but when windows came back up the update showed up again for another install. I have pressed the update pause until someone comes to my rescue. Who knows how many times it will install? I am running Windows...
  10. external usbs listed twice

external usbs listed twice: External usb sticks or drives list twice in the file-manager. Tried the advice in this text. It lasted only until my last update. Then it was back to dual entries again. Would like a permanent solution. Maybe a .reg? 39340