Windows 10: How to install failed updates?

Discus and support How to install failed updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have win 10 build 10240 and I noticed that I have two failed updates and one successful one: [img] How do I get the system to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by voirin, Jul 18, 2015.

1. voirin Win User

How to install failed updates?

Hi, I have win 10 build 10240 and I noticed that I have two failed updates and one successful one:

How to install failed updates? [​IMG]

How do I get the system to reinstall the failed updates? I pressed the "Check for updates" button, but it tells me my system is up to date.

Thanks for any help.

:)

voirin, Jul 18, 2015

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Jul 18, 2015
  3. how to do Win User
    HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 18, 2015
  4. davehc Win User

have you tried rebooting and checking for updates again?

davehc, Jul 18, 2015
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    Sometimes, "Definition updates for Windows Defender" that fail to download and install in Windows Updates can be made to install by going to the Control Panel, Windows Defender, and clicking the Update tab.

This does not always work, but when it does, Windows Update will not show that "Definitions..." entry again.

Some Updates are withdrawn from the Windows Update Server if they have problems, so they may appear to have failed, but in reality are just no longer available.

Driver updates often can be obtained from the Device manufacturer's support webpage directly, or from your motherboard or computer manufacturer's support site. They often come with their own installation package and can offer extra features (which you may or may not want) that the Microsoft Update driver updates will not contain.

Microsoft update drivers may actually be less suitable for your system than the drivers you already have installed, but if your Device Manufacturer regularly releases drivers that to not conform to Microsoft's policy for Driver signing and certification, (such as Realtek often does), Microsoft may try to replace that driver with one of their own updates, resulting in loss of function like sound input or output.

Beware drivers that do not come directly from these support sites, since they may try to make you download "Driver update Agents" etc, which are mostly useless or malicious Adware or attempts to charge you for drivers that may not be suitable for your PC.

Fafhrd, Jul 18, 2015
  6. voirin Win User
    Thanks for the quick replies!

I just tried that after I saw your reply a moment ago. It didn't seem to help with anything.

When I did this it tells me that "This app [Windows Defender] has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer". I guess this is because I have ESET Smart Security 8 installed, and that disables Defender? I'm wondering why it would try to download an update for Defender in that case.

I have a fairly old laptop (Dell Latitude E6500). I installed win 10 without even installing drivers from the manufacturer site due to the age of tha laptop. I had hoped Win 10 would be intelligent enough (as was Win 7) in detecting manufacturer components. I guess this isn't the case, or the update system still needs ironing out.

Thanks again for all the help!

voirin, Jul 18, 2015
  7. davehc Win User
    For the Defender problem. Eset will have turned off the Defender. Unfortunately, the update service will still detect that you have Defender on your computer, and will download the update. However it cannot install the definition update(s) unless the program is running. The only way you can circumvent this is to temporarily disable ESET and reboot.
    As you computer, by your own statement, is quite old, it is possible that the Intel driver being automatically offered is incompatible.
    Your best option here is to go to the Intel download site (or google) and obtain the latest driver, and see if it will install in compatible mode (maybe win.7) manually.

davehc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to install failed updates? - Similar Threads - install failed updates

2. Update fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update fails to install: The latest Window 10 update downloads, but does not install: giving an error message code 0x80070643. My computer and keyboard are from Sony and purchased over 9 years ago....
  3. Update installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update installation failed: Trying to get the latest build of Windows 11. My machine came to Windows 11 already so I should assume that there is no compatibility issue about the system, however with the latest release of 22H2 I try to update my system but it is having issue. I got error message and I...
  4. Update installation failed

Update installation failed: Trying to get the latest build of Windows 11. My machine came to Windows 11 already so I should assume that there is no compatibility issue about the system, however with the latest release of 22H2 I try to update my system but it is having issue. I got error message and I...
  5. "Updates failed to install" notification; how to stop it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Updates failed to install" notification; how to stop it?: So. Some update or another is failing to install because Windows believes VirtualBox is incompatible with Windows 10. The only way to get it installed is to uninstall VirtualBox. I'm not uninstalling VirtualBox. How do I stop the notification from popping up? submitted by...
  6. Update Failed to install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Failed to install: Hello, so yesterday I completed an update, the update being the 2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB5001028) update, everything downloaded and installed properly and when I went to do a restart for it to complete the changes I...
  7. Update failed to install

Update failed to install: Automatic update failed to install 2020-11 Cumulative update preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for X64 KB 4586876. "Could not complete install because an update service was shutting down" System said "Failed to install on 12/3/2020 -...
  8. Update failed to install

Update failed to install: 2019-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1909 forx64-based systems (KB453084) failed to install error code Ox80242016. I tried running the update troubleshooter but have no idea what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you...
  9. Installing failed updates

Installing failed updates: I want to install 3 failed updates from 10-2-19, but when I go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and click "Download" on the appropriate updates, nothing happens. Nothing downloads! Does anyone know how to make this work? Thanks much!...
  10. update installation failed

update installation failed: I failed to install update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). I saw an error code 0x800f0922. I have to say that 2018-06 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4284835) also failed with...