Windows 10: How to Install Old Drivers in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Install Old Drivers in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; i have old computer. drivers only available for win xp. but in windows 7 can install manually using driver installation wizard. but in windows 10 not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by shami, Aug 23, 2015.

1. shami Win User

How to Install Old Drivers in Windows 10

i have old computer. drivers only available for win xp. but in windows 7 can install manually using driver installation wizard. but in windows 10 not work above method. i try to change compatibility setting to windows xp . but end of setup show error like screenshot. i search Google and try to do everything. still cant find any solution. so if any one know about this, please kindly help me. and sorry about my bad English.

:)

shami, Aug 23, 2015

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Aug 23, 2015
  3. windows 10 HOME 64bit

I need to install new driver for LAN and it dont work to unistall old driver cause win 10 HOME keeps installing again old driver version.

How can I STOP windows 10 HOME driver auto install?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup.

helpmenow2018, Aug 23, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You can use the old method (since back in Windows 3.1, I think)...Extract the drivers somewhere (7zip usually works to extract them, sometimes the setup.exe will have an option to extract, sometimes you just have to watch where setup.exe extracts the drivers to). Right click the device in device manager under control panel. Update driver software, browse my computer, let me pick from a list, have disk. Point it to the .inf file for the driver in the extracted driver package, select the hardware from the list, making sure to get the manufacturer's driver and not the Microsoft driver.

NavyLCDR, Aug 23, 2015
  5. shami Win User
    its also not work bro.. :-( its show below error.

How to Install Old Drivers in Windows 10 [​IMG]

shami, Aug 23, 2015
  6. shami Win User
    its a "intel(r) 82915g/gv/910gl express chipset family" bro

shami, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Hydranix Win User
    Hi shami,

Unfortunately, only XPDM Windows graphics drivers exist for that particular hardware. Windows 7 and Windows Vista can support this legacy graphics driver mode, though it comes with penalties.

Since Windows 8, only WDDM graphics drivers are supported.

There is no way that I know of the force the old graphics drivers to work, as the kernel features required for the driver to function do not exist in Windows 10.

Hydranix, Aug 23, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Looks like it's time to pop in an add-on PCI/PCIe graphics card :-(.

NavyLCDR, Aug 23, 2015
  9. Hydranix Win User
    You could try these drivers I found via google on some shady looking website.

caveat utilitor

Link 64
    Link 32

Hydranix, Aug 23, 2015
  10. BOTH of those links come back with 403-forbidden error codes.

And ... actually, MS removed support for XPDM drivers starting with Win8 -- which is when I noticed my old tablet with the Intel 915 drivers wouldn't install the Intel video drivers anymore.

Mark Phelps, Aug 23, 2015
  11. shami Win User
    thanks for everyone who trying to help me. i think its time to move new graphic card... thanks again.

shami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Install Old Drivers in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Old Drivers

2. Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver: Hello team Microsoft,I have been facing this issue from last 1 and half year. I followed almost every possible step to stop windows from installing an older version.I tried to make settings in device installation settings checking that option to 'NO', Whenever I resets my...
  3. Old drivers on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old drivers on windows 10: Hey guys I’m trying to install a driver for my Dell P2213 monitor, but windows 10 isn’t in the supported driver list. Would I be fine installing the Windows 8.1 driver? submitted by /u/Internet-Ivan [link] [comments]...
  4. How to remove old installed driver permanently?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove old installed driver permanently?: Hi, I have Bluetooth Toshiba RFBUS driver installed already which was from my old Bluetooth dongle. I purchased new USB Bluetooth because the old one is not working on Windows 10. This new USB has a different driver but the problem is whenever I plug this device the old...
  5. How to install drivers properly for old laptop?

How to install drivers properly for old laptop?: Hi community! I am planing to have a clean Windows 10 installation after long time using Windows 7. My laptop is kind of old (Asus K55A from 2013, i5-3230M, intel HD 4000), and Asus's site doesn't have driver support for Windows 10. I heard a lot of people saying not to use...
  6. How do I install drivers while installing windows 10 on an old Toshiba Satellite?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I install drivers while installing windows 10 on an old Toshiba Satellite?: I have a toshiba satellite C870D that had a corrupt HD. I've replaced the HD, and now im trying to install windows 10 from a DVD, but it is requiring some drivers before the install will go ahead. I dont think windows 10 drivers exist for this machine. Am I out of luck?...
  7. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  8. Install Old Printer Drivers

Install Old Printer Drivers: I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected installation. The most recent drivers for this printer were for Windows 8. The driver files are in a folder. There is no...
  9. Windows Update Force install the old driver

Windows Update Force install the old driver: well, first, i start with windows update in position auto update, then my driver vga auto update for amd, but, not update for newest driver but return to install the old driver, from amd 18.7.1 back to 17.7, anyone can give me solution? sorry for my bad english....
  10. Windows 10, install old nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10, install old nvidia driver: Hello tenforums i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 in the upgrade wave and no problems there. but then i encountered problemes with the nvidia driver for windows 10 and wanted to install the driver i used on 8.1 which is 347.88 but then the problem comes, its not possible to install...