Windows 10: How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?

Discus and support How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner which is about 15 years old, but still useful - or it would be if I could get it running in Win 10. I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bxcfilm, Apr 29, 2017.

1. bxcfilm Win User

How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?

I have an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner which is about 15 years old, but still useful - or it would be if I could get it running in Win 10. I still have the original CD with the driver software.

When I moved from XP to Win 7, all I needed to get was a Win 7 Twain driver, which worked with the software. Win 10 doesn't seem to have an equivalent driver.

I found this thread from a couple of years ago, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I followed the procedure described by Steve C, but there's a problem.

When I go in via Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers, the scanner appears as "Epson Scanner 010F", not as Perfection 1250. When I go into Device Manager, the driver shows as Epson Perfection 2400, and it says it's working properly.

But when I try to launch Epson Scan, I get the message "Epson Scan cannot be started".

Is there anything else I can try? I would appreciate any suggestions.

:)

bxcfilm, Apr 29, 2017

2. Is Epson V600 scanner compatiable with Windows 10

I found the updated driver for my Epson Perfection V600 Photo at:

Epson Perfection V600 Photo | Perfection Series | Scanners | Support | Epson US

Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.920
    • 07/29/13
    • 46.63 MB
    • epson15563.exe

It worked for me. Hopefully, it will work for you as well.

DeliriousDenny, Apr 29, 2017
  3. Epson Scaner Perfection 3590 Photo is not working on Windows 10.

Original title: Microsoft 10 - Epson Scaner Perfection 3590 Photo

I tried installing my old scanner software on new laptop. I get message 'Epson Scan cannot be started' - no other more helpful pointer as to what the problem is. I've worked my way through Epson's (awful) troubleshooter to no avail. Any thoughts on how to
    get scanner to communicate with my laptop?

BemusedScot, Apr 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How do you install it? Well, if you can't, you might try Vuescan software (but not free!) so you'd need to consider cost of software vs hardware.

Also if running 64 bit windows now, you might not have 64 bit drivers available.

Outside possibility- try Drivermax (free for two scans). It's found a couple of arcane drivers for me over a few years. (We don't recommend such tools for routine use).

dalchina, Apr 29, 2017
  5. bxcfilm Win User
    Well, Epson recommend this driver for W10 64-bit, and that's what I installed, following Steve C's procedure.

bxcfilm, Apr 29, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Perhaps you could send Steve C a private message...

dalchina, Apr 29, 2017
  7. SIW2 Win User
  8. SIW2 Win User

Vista driver should work, I suspect that is 32 bit version.

9. Steve C Win User
    I'm surprised it didn't work when my older Perfection 1200 still works. Try uninstalling all Epson scanner software and try again, ensuring you are logged on as an Admin user. Try some later Epson 64 bit drivers. I had success using the Perfection 2400 drivers - you may need to try a different driver for the Perfection 1250?

Steve C, Apr 30, 2017
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there @bxcfilm

Try downloading VUESCAN --OK paid software but supports zillion and zillions of older scanners without problem -- I'm using it in W10 for my Canon Canonscan LIDE scanner (I'm still digitising a load of old film negatives and I'm not paying 400 EUR or more for a comparable Film scanner that I only might want to use for a few months more.

Also works on On Windows CU edition (1703).

Here's the link

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

Also works on Linux and Mac if you run any of those OS'es.

Once you've captured the scan you can of course still use your scanning applications.

Note -- the reason some of the older "Official" drivers won't work on newer releases of Windows is that the ACQUIRE mechanism (i.e how Windows retrieves the data from the scanner) has considerably changed and the old method isn't supported. TWAIN which is how Windows used to get data from the scanner isn't used any more.

The Vuescan software works perfectly though.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 30, 2017
  11. bxcfilm Win User
    Thanks to all who responded. In the end, the only thing that worked was paying for VueScan.

bxcfilm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10? - Similar Threads - install old Epson

2. How to add a scanner Epson Perfection V39 went to add printer and scanner couldn't find server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a scanner Epson Perfection V39 went to add printer and scanner couldn't find server: having trouble finding diver for scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-scanner-epson-perfection-v39-went-to/3d29e26f-d1af-4ac9-8cfe-60bb48d2c873
  3. New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner: New scanner is not recognised Windows 10 64bit ! Tried loads of suggestions from the net etc etc but no success, error crode 43 and usb devise not recognised ! Any suggestions welcome please, using a Dell Latitude Laptop, all software/drivers seem to be latest...
  4. Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers: need to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-perfection-v33-scanner-installation-drivers/27d1fd9a-1576-42dd-939f-651e4b34e586
  5. Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver

Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver: I have a brand new Epson Perfection V850 scanner. A fairly high-end scanner for 35 mm film. It scans in 3 modes and the more advanced modes (Home & Pro) are producing inferior results to the Auto mode. Epson tech support does not seem to want to consider that this is a driver...
  6. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner: I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts...
  7. Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver

Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver: Hope this may be of help to someone.*Smile The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner [paid £3 for at a car-boot] in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...
  8. Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner

Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner: Hi I had a computer crash after a windows update Microsoft fixed the computer remotely and things are fine but I have lost the driver that I found some years ago that would make this old scanner work it was a Epson driver but for a completely different scanner when the driver...
  9. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner: Hi, has anyone been able to get the Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to work with Windows 10 64bit 28479
  10. How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10: I've been experimenting with Windows 10 using a VM (VirtualBox) before upgrading. One challenge has been to see if I could get my old 1999 Epson Perfection 1200 scanner working in Windows 10 since Epson do not provide any 64 bit drivers. I discovered you can use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson 1250 scanner win 10 win7 installation

2. how to install epson perfection 1250 to win10

3. How to install Epson Perfection 1250 Driver by using the CD or DVD Driver

4. cant get epson 1250 scanner drivers,
  5. how to install Epson perfection 1250 on win10