Windows 10: How to Install Star Trek Legacy on Windows 10 / Incompatible Program

Discus and support How to Install Star Trek Legacy on Windows 10 / Incompatible Program in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is for Windows 10. I am not sure if this process will work on other operating systems. Like many of you, I have old games for previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nerd Girl, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Nerd Girl Win User

How to Install Star Trek Legacy on Windows 10 / Incompatible Program

This is for Windows 10. I am not sure if this process will work on other operating systems.

Like many of you, I have old games for previous operating systems that I really enjoy play but are "incompatible". I have managed to get them working on Windows 10. One of them, Star Trek: Legacy, was one of the ones I had the most problems with. Another is Tiger Woods 08. I have other games as well but I will explain that in another post as to keep them organized for searching reasons.

YES! It is possible to install Star Trek: Legacy on a clean build and not just a build that was upgraded from a previous operation system where the game was installed.

This walkthrough is not tough to do but it does require some back end knowledge of windows operating systems. I give this walk though as a "use at your own risk". If OS corruption or computer failure happens because this walk through did not work, I will not, nor can not be held responsible. With that out of the way, lets get started. This is what I did...

• Copy the entire contents of the disc to a folder on your hard drive.

• Acquire this program (I had it on another disk that would actually install in windows 10): WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86
    • (I don't know if this is actually needed but the install worked after this)

• Turn off windows defender and DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
    • (There are extensive tutorials on the internet on how to do this so I won't re-hash it here)

• While holding down "SHIFT", re-start the computer and select advanced options (Safe mode, disable driver signing, etc). When the computer reboots, select "Disable Driver Signing".
    • (Again, I'm not sure if this actually helps but its worth doing)

• Once your computer has rebooted, go to the folder where you copied the contents of the game disc and edit the file called Setup.ini. It is a configuration file. Make sure you "Edit" the file and keep the .ini otherwise this won't work. Add this line to the setup.ini under [MsiVersion] on a new line, keeping the other line that is already there.
    • 3.1.4000.2435=SupportOSMsi30

• Then add these lines under [Languages] --> [Setup.bmp] --> Type=0 on a new line.
    • [WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe]
    • Type=0
    • Location=WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe
    Set all .exe files for "Run as Admin" and Compatibility to "Vista SP2" (If allowed). Now load the setup program from the folder on your hard drive and it should install. The install is VERY slow and it will seem like it isn't installing. Windows may pop up and disappear. Don't fret, eventually it will install. If you get impatient and try to start it again, it will cause both installations to fail. If you do get error warnings, just restart the install. It took me about 3 installs to finally get it to go but I got impatient and clicked the setup program because I thought it wasn't installing.

Install your mods/patches and you're set!

I worked on this for a couple of days with lots of frustration so all the hard work is done for you! I hope you enjoy this walk through to get your game installed.

Be sure to re-enable windows defender and DEP (Data Execution Prevention) when it is installed.

:)

Nerd Girl, Jan 24, 2016

2. Installing a program from disc problem

I have windows 10. I an trying to install Star Trek Legacy from a disk. The installation wizard keeps giving me the message "The installation wizard was interruptduring installation. No changes to the system was made. To complete the installation try Setup.exe
    again"

Taoelvenmage, Jan 24, 2016
  3. JayWillig Win User
    How can I get Cortana to start Star Trek Online?

All my Drivers are up to date I have the New Fall Creators Update Installed I am the only user on this Computer:

Cortana can now Start/open/run all my games again except for one
    Star Trek Online it only take me to the Web Site. LOL I thought Cortana was a fan of Star Trek. Any Advice on how I can get Cortana to Start Star Trek Online?

It Appears to be a Cortana Computer Issue more then my Computer Because My other computer with the First Creators Edition now can open other apps games again, but not Star Trek Online.

FYI 1 week before the First release of Creators Edition Cortana stopped Starting any of my games/Programs. Every program was Starting prior to that week using the steps in this Link: How To Run Programs With Cortana - Windows Clan

So it is back to the question why won't Cortana Start this Game Star Trek Online?

JayWillig, Jan 24, 2016
Thema:

How to Install Star Trek Legacy on Windows 10 / Incompatible Program

1. How to Install Star Trek Legacy on Windows 10 / Incompatible Program - Similar Threads - Install Star Trek

2. How to fix Incompatible Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Incompatible Program: For the last 2 days when trying to open a game I download it just goes black what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-incompatible-program/fc69e913-2970-4081-bc64-be0752d87c96
  3. How to fix Incompatible Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Incompatible Program: For the last 2 days when trying to open a game I download it just goes black what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-incompatible-program/fc69e913-2970-4081-bc64-be0752d87c96
  4. Unable to get XBox one controller to work with Star Trek online with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to get XBox one controller to work with Star Trek online with Windows 10: We just bought a wired XBox one and Windows controller to be able to use it for Star Trek online on our Windows 10 PC. We are unable to get it to work other than turning the ship. We would like to be able to fly the ship and much more with the controller. How can we set up...
  5. PROGRAM INCOMPATIBILITY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROGRAM INCOMPATIBILITY: Unfortunately I have been using Windows 7 because my Auto desk Inventor 2010 will not work with Windows 10. Any suggestion would be welcom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-incompatibility/9c2fa257-6e6c-48cb-942c-d4ad1d8a24d2
  6. Star Trek crystal discs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Star Trek crystal discs?: Came across this and thought the nerds amongst you (me included) might find it an interesting project. Microsoft successfully archives Warner Bros. 'Superman' movie on a piece of glass - TechSpot 143847
  7. star trek gamefest download for win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    star trek gamefest download for win 10 PC: have they made it and where I can download this package https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/star-trek-gamefest-download-for-win-10-pc/a3a2a219-e8d0-49bd-8f0b-6015d983c117
  8. star trek online crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    star trek online crash to desktop: so, for the past week, every few days, I'm suddenly kicked to desktop, the game window vanishes, and it presents me with a crash dialogue telling me my graphics card was unplugged/hung. I've tried everything I can think of, verified the game files, verified I had the right...
  9. star trek online below par perormance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    star trek online below par perormance: so..I put startrek online through the paces tonight on the new hardware and one fact became readily apparent, no matter what graphics settings I chose, I was seeing below par performance and indeed even real noticable slowdowns at times. what options should I consider...
  10. Celebrate 50 years of Star Trek with a special Microsoft Rewards offer

in Windows 10 News
    Celebrate 50 years of Star Trek with a special Microsoft Rewards offer: Today we’re celebrating 50 years of Star Trek and giving you the chance to earn great rewards with a special offer on Star Trek movies and TV shows in the Windows Store. This offer includes Star Trek movies and TV series spanning the franchise since the original Star Trek...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. star trek legacy windows 10

2. how to install star trek legacy on windows 10

3. how to run star trek legacy on windows 10 full screen

4. star trek: legacy win10,
  5. star trek legacy on windows 10,
  6. star trek legacy for windows 10,
  7. how to get controller to work on star trek legacy,
  8. star trek legacy says installation interrupted,
  9. pc star trek legacy windows 10,
  10. will star trek legacy run on windows 10,
  11. how to get star trek legacy to install on windows 10,