Windows 10: How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Discus and support How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says how exactly do you achieve this? I have an ISO Ran RUFUS 2.6 GPT Partition Scheme for UEFI Fat 32 8192 Default X Quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abstract3000, Feb 23, 2016.

1. How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

As the title says how exactly do you achieve this?

I have an ISO Ran RUFUS 2.6
    GPT Partition Scheme for UEFI
    Fat 32
    8192 Default
    X Quick Format
    X Create a bootable disk using
    X Create Extended label and Icon Files

so the next part is the Kicker Dell did a number on their Bios and rather than using standard logic as we have done so many years just setting the boot order to "Boot USB" first, you "Only" have the option to create a "Boot Program"!!! so you select your USB Drive then which ever file you want it to boot I'm Assuming? So I tried selecting Setup, bootmgr.efi, and autorun with no results!

I get the secured boot error crap, turn that off and I get Legacy BIOS (that defeats the entire point) What the hell happened to Win95 Boot Discs and FDISK?

I am so frustrated with this garbage, I found out the hard way with Windows 10 and trying to nuke the SSD and put a clean install of 8.1 on it.

Any directions especially concerning Dell's wonderful BIOS would be appreciated!

Thanks

:)

abstract3000, Feb 23, 2016
  2. FeBerg Win User

dpc_watchdog_exception 0x133: hal.dll ntoskrnl.exe

I've put all the files on OneDrive:

backup

"What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?"

Dell Inspiron 15 7559

FeBerg, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Vertical lines upon waking laptop from sleep

Here is your site...

Support für Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 | Support-Themen und -Artikel | Dell Deutschland

Support for Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559

There are many articles there for your perusal. Here is just one...

Inspiron 7559 displays multiple issues after resuming from sleep | Dell Deutschland

Inspiron 7559 displays multiple issues after resuming from sleep

It says to update your BIOS. Its current version can be seen in
    MSInfo32 (ask Cortana).

PCR Just PCR, Feb 23, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Try setting BIOS back to default then press F12 when you boot. Select USB device from the UEFI section of the boot menu.

Ztruker, Feb 23, 2016
  5. Ok tried the results are this:
    There is a menu with Legacy Boot options & UEFI Boot Options
    If I select the Legacy just get an error to put in a bootable device (Probably because RUFUS formatted it UEFI)
    If I select the UEFI option that I created called Win8 it just ignores the drive and continues to Windows 10
    In the Boot setup for the UEFI options I have not only tried selecting Setup.exe, bootmgr.efi, bootmgr, Autorun, and the setup.exe in the Sources folder. The ones that showed some sign of working gave an invalid signature error.

I then disabled Secured Boot and gave a try but on the files that triggered something it simply went to advance recovery options menu and thats about it. I have also tried reformatting the stick GPT & MBR both using the same results. I mean seriously what is going on? How do i create a usb stick with 8.1 that upon loading will act like win 7 and previous ISO's and allow me to wipe all partitions and do a clean install that will jive with the secure Boot and UEFI? Did Dell setup their Bios to only accept their specific ISO?

6. jds63 Win User
    Am i missing something, if this Laptop has a UEFI BIOS didn't it come installed this way ? So why would you be redoing it ? Ones i seen listed came with Windows 10, so this did not ?

jds63, Feb 23, 2016
  7. Yes it has a UEFI Bios already on it. It came with Windows 10, I do not want Windows 10, I want Windows 8.1. I want to completely Nuke all existence of Window's 10 from the Drive, It I could low level a SSD I would! I am trying to Solve the issue since I do not have a CD drive, how do I format the SSD and install a clean Version of Windows 8.1?

8. jds63 Win User

O.k. first for one, do you have bought version of windows 8.1 ?

jds63, Feb 23, 2016
  9. yes it is a disc I got with another PC A few years ago, I simply ripped the ISO from the Disc

10. jds63 Win User
    Can not use a disc that was used on another PC regardless i feel, even from it being copied. Plus there no way i know to change a UEFI BIOS to Legacy BIOS if it came with a UEFI BIOS, stating it said Legacy BIOS. For UEFI BIOS just need to make a USB Flash Drive bootable with Rufus and as said by Zt select UEFI USB Drive at boot menu.

jds63, Feb 23, 2016
  11. Yup, covered that already in my first post.

My question is with the UEFI Boot Manager on the Systsem
    with : File Browser Add Boot Option & File Browser Del Boot Option Shouldn't I be selecting the bootmgr.efi file, naming it, then trying to boot that to install?

12. jds63 Win User
    O.k. well if somehow have it covered from another forum i do not know how so. Not sure what you are trying to say, the bootmgr.efi is on the windows 8.1 you copied, to put it on a USB Flash you first need to make it bootable, if was made to a dvd this would be not needed i know of.

How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559 [​IMG]

jds63, Feb 23, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

I suspect your flash drive is the problem. Follow this tutorial to download a new ISO and create the flash drive.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

See if that allows you to boot it via the UEFI boot option.

Make sure you get the same version as what is installed.

Ztruker, Feb 23, 2016
  14. In my first post I clarified I was using RUFUS 2.6, the conversation got derailed when another user wanted to know where I got the ISO from

15. Word Man Win User
    Try this (based on how it works on my 7548) - make sure that, if you've fiddled with the BIOS settings, you first use F2 to go into BIOS setup and restore to factory default settings hit F9 to load optimized defaults. Then, with the flash drive inserted, restart and use F12 to get back to boot options screen. If the USB drive is not shown as a choice second to Windows Boot Manager, select lower down to enter setup (normal BIOS screens), then hit F10 to save settings and restart (yeah, without changing anything), NOW HIT F12 once again and see if that still inserted USB drive is NOW shown as a choice second to Windows Boot Manager.

Word Man, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

1. How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559 - Similar Threads - install UEFI Dell

2. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  3. Weird TouchPad glitch- Dell Inspiron 7559

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird TouchPad glitch- Dell Inspiron 7559: So, I've been using my laptop for roughly five years now and I've encountered a weird TouchPad glitch recently. Basically when I touch my TouchPad, it only allows me to select things on the taskbar, and nothing else until I close the computer and reopen it.The thing is, it...
  4. windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.: So, I finally got my laptop up and running after numerous reinstalls of windows 10 pro 64 bit. Windows repaired itself and gave me this message....
  5. windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.: So, I finally got my laptop up and running after numerous reinstalls of windows 10 pro 64 bit. Windows repaired itself and gave me this message....
  6. Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559: Hello everyone. I've recently intalled Ubuntu 20.04 in a HD containing a partition with Windows in aDell Inspiron 15 7559. During the installation, everything went fine, but as soon as the notebook restarted, it keptshowing the following error: PXE-EGP: Media test...
  7. Need Help with Wifi and my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help with Wifi and my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop: Good morning everyone, This sub has come through for me a couple of times and have been forever thankful...i have one issue that i cannot seem to resolve no matter how much i google, watch youtube videos i cannot get this to work...there might not even be a solution, but i...
  8. i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with network

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with network: windows 10 build 18363.836 157176
  9. i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with networkn

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with networkn: windows 10 build 18363.836 157176
  10. taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559: hi, I recently bought an laptop inspiron 15 ( 7559) withe the following configuration. processor: 6th gen i7 display: 4k graphics: nvidia gtx 960 Os: windows 10 the problem is the icons and dialogue boxes are very small and impossible to read. i am not able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron 7559 legacy to uefi

2. how do you get dell insipiron to boot from flash drive ufi

3. how do i download the ISO restore file for my DEL Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop?