Windows 10: how to install win on pc with multiple drives

Discus and support how to install win on pc with multiple drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a brand new win 10 pc pre installed with an ssd and a hdd, can I choose which drive i can install windows on during installation?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bijobikentu, Jul 29, 2018.

1. how to install win on pc with multiple drives

I bought a brand new win 10 pc pre installed with an ssd and a hdd, can I choose which drive i can install windows on during installation?

:)

bijobikentu, Jul 29, 2018
  2. little cat, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Jul 29, 2018
  4. how to install win on pc with multiple drives

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

how to install win on pc with multiple drives

1. how to install win on pc with multiple drives - Similar Threads - install multiple drives

2. How Best to Install Windows on Multiple Unpartitioned Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Best to Install Windows on Multiple Unpartitioned Drives: Hello everyone. This is my first post so Ill try to make this as precise as possible... Just purchased an Intel NUC10i7FNH (barebones). Installed 64 GB of RAM (DDR4 2666) and added two hard disks: (1) WD_BLACK SN750 [1 TB NVMe M.2], and (2) Crucial MX500 [500 GB 2.5 SSD]. I...
  3. How Best to Install Windows on Multiple Unpartitioned Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    How Best to Install Windows on Multiple Unpartitioned Drives: Hello everyone. This is my first post so Ill try to make this as precise as possible... Just purchased an Intel NUC10i7FNH (barebones). Installed 64 GB of RAM (DDR4 2666) and added two hard disks: (1) WD_BLACK SN750 [1 TB NVMe M.2], and (2) Crucial MX500 [500 GB 2.5 SSD]. I...
  4. Multiple drives on Win 10 Pro PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple drives on Win 10 Pro PC.: I have Win 10 Pro pc. It has two ssd drives C: and D: plus and internal 1TB normal hard drive, E:. I didn't set it up like that and the firm that upgraded it and suggested this set up didn't survive the recent lockdowns and is no longer trading. C: is meant to hold the OS...
  5. Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives

Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives: I have several hard drives with games installed on them. If I re-install windows on my drive, I am very skeptical it's not going to start wiping those other drives. I have in the past had this happen. How can I reinstall windows on my main drive and BE SURE it's not going to...
  6. how to install win 10 on with multiple drives.

how to install win 10 on with multiple drives.: I bought a brand new pc with win 10 pre installed with an ssd and a hdd, can I choose which drive i can install windows 10 on?...
  7. how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds

how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds: I bought a brand new win 10 pc pre install with an ssd and a hdd, can I choose which drive i can install windows on ?...
  8. how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds

how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds: how to setup a brand new win 10 pc with multiple hdds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-setup-a-brand-new-win-pc-with-multiple-hdds/ecefe643-4cfb-4df7-b771-0a91856f07ed
  9. how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds

how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds: how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-setup-a-brand-new-win-pc-with-multiple-hdds/e019489a-f026-492e-bada-614c81842a8b
  10. Clean Install - Multiple drives

Clean Install - Multiple drives: I have a Gateway ZX6800 AIO - previously W7 to W10 upgrades failed but I was able to do clean install. I did this on using a new Samsung SSD with other HD disconnected. I upgrade storage drive from 1TB to 2TB and copied all my data files to the new drive (D*Smile. I have W10...