Windows 10: How To Install Windows 10 To PC with No Optical Drive??!

Discus and support How To Install Windows 10 To PC with No Optical Drive??! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times, but it seems this forum is active, so hopefully someone can help me! I just ordered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pandabear, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Pandabear Win User

How To Install Windows 10 To PC with No Optical Drive??!

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times, but it seems this forum is active, so hopefully someone can help me!

I just ordered Windows 10 off newegg.com for a custom gaming PC i'm building. I'm not sure if its coming as a CD or USB, probably a CD?

Regardless, I am thinking about purchasing a computer case that omits the optical drive.

So I was wondering what I would have to do to install Windows 10 if it comes in a CD.

I was reading I would have to have access to another desktop so I can download this tool from microsoft? Then I would put the USB and put the files on there?

Can someone just clarify the steps/process for me once I receive the Windows 10 disc.

Thanks!

:)

Pandabear, Jul 23, 2016

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Jul 23, 2016
  3. how to do Win User
    HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 23, 2016
  4. sn00ker Win User

If your buying a legit copy of windows the license keys is the important part . You can go to Microsoft website below and grab a copy of windows 10 unto a usb drive or iso disc . Just make sure it's the same version which you bought . Afterwards use the usb option and install windows like that ... MS site below

Windows 10

sn00ker, Jul 23, 2016
  5. Pandabear Win User
    Yes I just ordered it for 99.99 on Newegg.com.

So I just have to install windows 10 on to my USB from that link and put it on to my new PC? I thought there was more steps? Is there something else I have to do to make it bootable?

Pandabear, Jul 23, 2016
  6. sn00ker Win User
    You don't install windows on a usb drive you downloaded unto a usb flash drive, then go into your bios setting and have it boot off usb drive, since its a new computer it should have that options . Afterwards you install windows once it boot off the usb drive . Later it will ask for your license keys, enter the keys you bought

sn00ker, Jul 23, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    I take it that you bought the OEM version? That's OK, although that is supposed to be used only for PCs intended for resale. (It's not enforced by Microsoft. No worries. No support from MS, though.)

See the tutorials:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

I use the command line "diskpart" utility to make a bootable USB drive. It's easy, but requires a little care: a mistake can cause you to delete the wrong partition. (I've done that, once.)

To make a USB drive from the disk, you'll obviously need access to a working PC with an optical drive. Alternately, you can always get the Windows installer as a download. (Roughly 4GB.)

You could have purchased a retail version of 10 that was pre-installed on a bootable USB drive, but it would have cost another $30.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Install Windows 10 To PC with No Optical Drive??! - Similar Threads - Install Optical Drive

2. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  3. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  4. Installing Windows 10 without optical drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 without optical drive: I’m looking at building a new PC without a optical drive.How do I purchase and install windows 10 this way ? .Thanks in advance . submitted by /u/cgb1970 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrom12/installing_windows_10_without_optical_drive/
  5. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  6. Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive: Hello, The optical drive on my ASUS all in one pc has stopped working. Apparently, there is a driver error. I have tried to fix/update with no success. ASUS say there is no direct fix available. I have bought an external drive, but this is also showing the same diagnostic...
  7. Optical drive

Optical drive: How do I install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/db20e64f-3402-413d-8948-b95b9dd4eb48
  8. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  9. Optical drive will not install

Optical drive will not install: Toshiba Satellite laptop. New problem in the last few days. Windows 10 version 1809. Trying to send backup data to a flash drive, I noticed that the flash drive was labeled as 'D' instead of 'E' . Went to device manager, cd/dvd drive and saw this error for device status....
  10. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows 10 on pc with no optical drive using laptop as optical drive