Windows 10: how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10?

Discus and support how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; no vmware,just alongside Windows 10 37790 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by simon123, Jan 16, 2016.

1. simon123 Win User

how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10?

no vmware,just alongside Windows 10

:)

simon123, Jan 16, 2016
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 16, 2016
  3. How to install WIndows 10 alongside Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I have at present Windows 7 installed alongside Ubuntu 14.04. Wanted to upgrade to Win 10. I downloaded the upgrade. But the installation failed. Please help!

Debasish_b, Jan 16, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

There are a variety of reasons why that would be difficult to almost impossible. A big one being device drivers. Any computer that supports Windows 10 would likely not have drivers available for Windows 98.

Using a virtual machine is going to be MUCH easier.

LMiller7, Jan 16, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I think you will have to use legacy boot mode. I don't think Windows 98 supports EFI booting.

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2016
  6. This is exactly the reason virtualization became the way to go as opposed to trying to get a decades old OS shoehorned onto a modern PC.

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to virtualize.

DeaconFrost, Jan 17, 2016
  7. Anshad Edavana, Jan 18, 2016
  8. how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10?

That's another benefit of virtualization...you can limit the amount of memory available to the system. You could easily run a VM with 512 MB of memory.

DeaconFrost, Jan 18, 2016
  9. x86intel Win User
    Win 98/ 98SE only works on a FAT32 filesystem and as stated the ram limitations, ACHI, drivers and compatibility for newer hardware let alone Antivirus and firewall compatibility.
    I take it you ask due to the possibility of trying out: this
    As per previous VM is the way to go with that, or an old PC/ laptop

Tried this a few years ago and all worked with 256mb Ram but, was too apprehensive to connect to the internet as I could not find an antivirus/ firewall.

x86intel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to install windows 98 alongside Windows 10? - Similar Threads - install alongside

2. Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 37 alongside with Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 37 alongside with Win11: My Laptop has one SSD and normal Hard drive. My windows was installed in the Normal Hard drive. I installed Fedora 37 workstation but while installing i didn't change the boot mode. While installing Fedora I have selected the SSD for Fedora installation. Now i doesn't show...
  3. Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 37 alongside with Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 37 alongside with Win11: My Laptop has one SSD and normal Hard drive. My windows was installed in the Normal Hard drive. I installed Fedora 37 workstation but while installing i didn't change the boot mode. While installing Fedora I have selected the SSD for Fedora installation. Now i doesn't show...
  4. Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 36 alongside with Win10

Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 36 alongside with Win10: I installed Fedora36 on a new unallocated space. But I had to switch boot mode from UEFI to LEGACY. Because my usb wasn't bootable until I did that. At the first restart GRUB loaded me into fedora without asking. So I switched boot mode from LEGACY to UEFI. After that I got a...
  5. Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 36 alongside with Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 36 alongside with Win10: I installed Fedora36 on a new unallocated space. But I had to switch boot mode from UEFI to LEGACY. Because my usb wasn't bootable until I did that. At the first restart GRUB loaded me into fedora without asking. So I switched boot mode from LEGACY to UEFI. After that I got a...
  6. Windows Boot Manager is not available after installing Fedora 36 alongside with Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  8. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  9. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.

How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.: So, I want to install Windows 10 on my PC that currently runs Linux Mint but I don't want to remove Linux mint or have to reinstall Linux mint. Anything I can do? All of the websites I find are just installing Windows 10 over Linux and just reinstalling Linux. I don't want to...