Windows 10: How to install Windows on brand new computer from installation media

Discus and support How to install Windows on brand new computer from installation media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just got a brand new Lenovo Y50 in the mail and it's currently running Windows 8.1 64-bit and I'm trying to upgrade it with the installation media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bluntc0ncussi0n, Jan 24, 2018.

1. How to install Windows on brand new computer from installation media

I just got a brand new Lenovo Y50 in the mail and it's currently running Windows 8.1 64-bit and I'm trying to upgrade it with the installation media but for some reason after it asks me to agree to the terms, decide whether I want to upgrade or do clean install, etc. it's making me go in circles and keeps saying "The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. (Do not select ICustom (advanced)I to perform an upgrade. ICustom (advanced)I installs a new copy of Windows and deletes your programs and settings.)" while saying "Compatibility report" at the top, and it seems like I can only click "Close," the red x at the top right corner of the window (as well as most), and the back button. If anyone could help me figure out this issue I would highly appreciate it.

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, Jan 24, 2018
  2. Tom C_USA Win User

Windows 10 Brand New Installation Error 0x8007025d

Hello, I have built a brand new computer and purchased windows 10 pro. I'm trying to install windows by booting the computer from a USB I created from the "Create Windows 10 installation media" tool found here: Download Windows 10

I am getting an error that pops up almost as soon as installation starts with the code "0x8007025d".

Again, this is a brand new computer with nothing on it previously. I am installing to a brand new, 500GB hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tom C_USA, Jan 24, 2018
  3. Gil deG Win User
    Error code 0x80070570

Hi,

For us to better know your concern, we'd like to ask some information.

1. Is this a brand new computer you're trying to install Windows 10?

2. How do you install Windows 10, is it through a media creation tool or using a DVD?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, Jan 24, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

How to install Windows on brand new computer from installation media

Hi, see
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    and follow the advice carefully.

How exactly have you started your upgrade? Are you attempting to upgrade automatically, or have you downloaded Win 10 e.g. using the media creation tool?

Note that if using a Win 10 installation medium you have downloaded (manual upgrade) e.g. using a bootable disk, you need to

- boot to Win 8
    - then run setup.exe from the installation medium to upgrade.

- or you could try (a cleaner outcome):
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    if you wished.

The official period for free upgrade is over, although some have still reported success, I believe.

The tutorial section is very extensive and professional:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Tutorials
    - feel free to search and browse it.

Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 24, 2018
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    With Windows 8.1 running, insert the Windows 10 USB flash drive and run setup.exe from it. It sounds like you are booting the computer from the flash drive and you don't want to do that. Leave the flash drive unplugged, boot the computer into Windows 8.1, then k plug in the flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Jan 24, 2018
  6. I followed those instructions instead of loading it through BIOS and that seemed to have gotten it installed. Thanks!

bluntc0ncussi0n, Jan 27, 2018
  7. dalchina New Member
    Good- now the learning curve begins if you're new to win 10. I'd be interested to know if it activated automatically (license).

Highly recommended- before you do any tweaking , changes or installation, create your first disk image using a 3rd party program such as Macrium Reflect (free). If your PC becomes unbootable, you have an uncorrectable problem, ransomware, virus, make a bad mistake... your disk fails.. having a regularly updated disk image of Windows and any data partitions or disks means you have a good chance of recovering quickly and without technical help.

All regular contributors here use and recommend this- e.g. Macrium Relect (free) + external disk for image storage. Ver well supported but the GUI is a bit geeky. There are friendlier alternatives, though Macrium is the most robust.

dalchina, Jan 27, 2018
  8. How to install Windows on brand new computer from installation media

I actually prefer the interface over the Windows 8 interface so I think I'll be good.

9. ..........................................................

10. I'm not sure what happened there, but like I said thanks for the solution to installing Windows.

11. Wynona Win User
    Kinda looks like the imprint of yer forehead, Blunt! You sure you didn't doze off?
    How to install Windows on brand new computer from installation media [​IMG]

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to install Windows on brand new computer from installation media

1. How to install Windows on brand new computer from installation media - Similar Threads - install brand computer

2. Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001: Hey All,I have a brand new PC, Brand new WD Green 1TB SSD, and a brand new windows 11 official USB.I have had two errors consistently with trying to install windows on the computer.General specs of the computer: - 16GB Ram, - RX6600 - Ryzen 5 4600G - Gigabyte B550M F on the...
  3. Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001: Hey All,I have a brand new PC, Brand new WD Green 1TB SSD, and a brand new windows 11 official USB.I have had two errors consistently with trying to install windows on the computer.General specs of the computer: - 16GB Ram, - RX6600 - Ryzen 5 4600G - Gigabyte B550M F on the...
  4. Error 0x80070643 on a brand new installation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x80070643 on a brand new installation.: Hello guys, i just formatted my computer and performed a brand new installation of windows (making a new usb with the creation tool). However right after installing manually installing gpu/cpu driver i started windows updated end ended up with error 0x80070643 while trying to...
  5. Windows crashing Memory Management on a brand new computer and Windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing Memory Management on a brand new computer and Windows install: I need help figuring out why my windows continues to blue screen several times a day since I got it less than a week ago. Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 1a Parameter 1: 61941 Parameter 2: ffffe60cc074a4b8 Parameter 3: 9 Parameter 4:...
  6. BSODs on a brand new windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs on a brand new windows install: Heyo, been helping with a computer for some time now. Last SSD crashed a week ago and we got another one but the computer has a unique set up for the SSD: the Bios is set to IDE (and I can see the hard drive is set to IDE in device manager) but the partition is GPT and it...
  7. install existing ssd with windows and programs etc in a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install existing ssd with windows and programs etc in a brand new computer: I have a SSD with an upgraded version of Windows 10 on it. Works fine so that's not the issue. To be clear, once I had an original Windows 7 with registration code, but when Microsoft came up with Windows 10, I got the possibility to update my Windows 7 to Windows 10. So I...
  8. Install windows 10 in a brand new auto-build computer from scratch

Install windows 10 in a brand new auto-build computer from scratch: I want make a new fresh install of Windows 10 in my brand new desktop computer, and I to want keep my license key from the old one computer. It's that possible?...
  9. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  10. Brand new computer - final intent of installing w10

Brand new computer - final intent of installing w10: When recieving a brand new PC with no OS installed, with the final intent of having w10. Am i correct in saying that the "safest" way to achieve sucessfull w10 activation is an w8.1 w/key installation, followed by a w10 upgrade/clean install? Also, is there any reasons...