Windows 10: How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer

Discus and support How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought my laptop. I paid for it. It is mine. I paid $300 to have the new hard drive installed and it was working like a top before the updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kimspearbecker, Aug 21, 2018.

1. How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer

I bought my laptop. I paid for it. It is mine. I paid $300 to have the new hard drive installed and it was working like a top before the updates started again. It is up to me alone to decide what gets downloaded into my machine. No one, and I mean NO ONE, has a right to download things I don't want. It's an invasion of privacy. I've uninstalled some and they're ready to install some more. No more. They update to fix the damage done with the last one. Then they update to fix--or try to-fix the damage caused by that one. And it never ends. Every time I get up in the morning and see the the laptop has been restarted I know something is going to be ape sh*t. The the insanity stops right NOW. If it takes a lawsuit, like so many others, to get my message across I'm fully prepared to do that.

Now, if a lawsuit is to be avoided how do I keep the b*****ds out of my computer????

:)

kimspearbecker, Aug 21, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 21, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 21, 2018
  4. How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer

Computer update

For what? And what will this computer be used for?

Bill_Bright, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer

1. How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer - Similar Threads - Keep Updates Computer

2. My computer keeps auto logging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps auto logging out: My computer keeps auto logging outI tried to resolve this issue by going to Settings->System->Power & Battery -> Screen and Sleep -> Power. From here I set everything to Never When my screen should turn off, but it still keeps auto logging out.At this point, it's getting...
  3. My computer keeps auto logging out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps auto logging out: My computer keeps auto logging outI tried to resolve this issue by going to Settings->System->Power & Battery -> Screen and Sleep -> Power. From here I set everything to Never When my screen should turn off, but it still keeps auto logging out.At this point, it's getting...
  4. How to update my computer while locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to update my computer while locked out: I forgot my password and apparently my security questions. So I went to another device and changed my password. But now when I enter the new password, that I’m positive is correct, my computer keeps saying that my password is wrong. It’s also not letting me connect to...
  5. How to update my computer while locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update my computer while locked out: I forgot my password and apparently my security questions. So I went to another device and changed my password. But now when I enter the new password, that I’m positive is correct, my computer keeps saying that my password is wrong. It’s also not letting me connect to...
  6. How to update my computer while locked out

7. The sound keeps going out on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The sound keeps going out on my computer: I don't know when it started, but for the last month or so, the sound on my computer keeps cutting out intermittently when I'm streaming videos or playing video games. Then cuts out entirely, forcing me to reboot my PC. But I know that it isn't my headphones or my internet...
  8. The sound keeps going out on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound keeps going out on my computer: I don't know when it started, but for the last month or so, the sound on my computer keeps cutting out intermittently when I'm streaming videos or playing video games. Then cuts out entirely, forcing me to reboot my PC. But I know that it isn't my headphones or my internet...
  9. The sound keeps going out on my computer

10. My computer keeps updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer keeps updating?: The updates seem to install normally, and then a day or two later it will need to update again. For instance, I updated a day or two ago. But this morning I boot up and I have a "your device will restart to update outside of regular hours" notification again as well as a...