Windows 10: How to keep vertical taskbar underneath windows

Discus and support How to keep vertical taskbar underneath windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have a vertical taskbar on the lefthand side. In Windows XP and Windows 7, with a vertical taskbar, if I moved a window towards the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ugcheleuce, Nov 26, 2015.

1. How to keep vertical taskbar underneath windows

Hello everyone

I have a vertical taskbar on the lefthand side. In Windows XP and Windows 7, with a vertical taskbar, if I moved a window towards the taskbar, the taskbar would go underneath the window (i.e. the window would go on top of the taskbar). In Windows 10, however, any window that I move towards the taskbar slides in underneath the taskbar. This reduces the useable width of my screen. Is there a way to get Windows to let the vertical taskbar behave like the horizontal one, i.e. that windows move over it, not underneath it?

Thanks
    Samuel

==

Added: Oh, wait, the AHK script win7taskbar-gl.ahk that I used with Windows 7 actually works. I'm not sure what the download URL for it is, though.

:)

ugcheleuce, Nov 26, 2015

2. Nokia N95 home screen

I have the same problem, but i need to somehow keep vertical bar with six app's shortcuts but still get rid of the stuff underneath. Is that possible ?

Thanks.

BracaTwist, Nov 26, 2015
  3. StackedAE Win User
    Windows 10: Resizing under task bar when in dual screen mode.

When I'm using my laptop monitor without my second monitor, then resizing windows works as expected, i.e. if you resize a window vertically, it will stop when it reaches the taskbar and won't let you resize underneath the task bar.

However, when I use two screens (extending my desk top horizontally), then resizing does not work as expected, and it will resize beyond the task bar so that part of a window is beneath the task bar, which is undesired.

Is there a setting that can change this behavior?

StackedAE, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

How to keep vertical taskbar underneath windows

1. How to keep vertical taskbar underneath windows - Similar Threads - keep vertical taskbar

2. How is the vertical taskbar implementation going?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is the vertical taskbar implementation going?: Hi,when is the vertical taskbar functionality coming back? It was promised many months ago....
  3. How is the vertical taskbar implementation going?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is the vertical taskbar implementation going?: Hi,when is the vertical taskbar functionality coming back? It was promised many months ago....
  4. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  5. return vertical taskbar??

return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar Hiding Underneath Maximized Windows

Windows 11 Taskbar Hiding Underneath Maximized Windows: I set my taskbar to auto-hide and, very frequently, it hides underneath the open windows. I can not bring it back up by hovering my cursor below the screen. The only way I can bring it up is by pressing the Windows logo on my keyboard or minimizing the window, which is very...
  7. Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Taskbar Windows 11: When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide screen display! That is the first thing I tried to do when I logged in for the first time.This is a deal breaker.I am reverting...
  8. Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

Vertical Taskbar Windows 11: When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide screen display! That is the first thing I tried to do when I logged in for the first time.This is a deal breaker.I am reverting...
  9. white line underneath taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    white line underneath taskbar: ive recently got a oled tv as my monitor ,and due to the potential for burn in. i have set black as solid colour on background ,taskbar grey cannot have black but im getting a small white line below taskbar .sometimes it will disappear sometimes not if im using...
  10. Flip vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flip vertical taskbar?: Is there a utility to flip the vertical taskbar so that the start button and program icons are on the bottom? I have a secondary monitor with a vertical taskbar and it'd be nice to have the icons more in line with the end of my primary monitor. I'm already running 7+ Taskbar...