Windows 10: How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. What do I do if I want to keep the Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10? It has not been showing me the history ever since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xstrike9999, Jul 29, 2015.

1. How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10

Hey guys. What do I do if I want to keep the Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10?

It has not been showing me the history ever since I upgraded to 10 from 8.1.

:)

xstrike9999, Jul 29, 2015
  2. geotso Win User

Command history in Run dialog

The problem isn't about the drop down menu itself. The menu is there indeed. The problem is with the scroll bar of that menu, which is disabled. In the screenshot I've provided the scroll bar is visible at the right edge of the drop down menu, but is greyed
    out. That's why the menu can only hold the last 26 executed commands, while in windows 7 the scroll bar was enabled, and I could scroll up and down to choose a command from a larger list.

Thanks.

geotso, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Command history in Run dialog

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your requirement in this regard.

I guess you can still able to get the vertical drop down menu, when you click on the dropdown button. But it depends on your run command history. I mean, it only appear when there are run command that are executed before.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 29, 2015
  4. How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10

Still waiting on some sort of response here...

xstrike9999, Jul 30, 2015
  5. anyone?? No solution yet...

xstrike9999, Jul 31, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    have to type the name of the directory/website/program and click OK in order to save it.

7. Yeah, I've done that. Doesn't work.

xstrike9999, Aug 1, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10

That's weird. I can't assist any further, then. Sorry.

9. That's OK. Thanks for trying at least

xstrike9999, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10

1. How to Keep your Run Dialog Auto Suggest History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keep Run Dialog

2. how to clear run suggestions

in Cortana
    how to clear run suggestions: Hello everyone , I am getting unnecessary suggestion while accessing shared folder from any other windows PC, Kindly help me to remove these suggestion from my run screen. Hereby Snap is attached for your more clarification, Kindly help me to sort out this issue....
  3. RUN dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    RUN dialog: Been fighting with this for very long time, Start > RUN doesn't display any past entries/commands, list is always empty, it opens up but nothing in it, empty like a pocket, nothing, nada and not even that. Works fine in insider build on same machine, All customizing is...
  4. Run dialog box typed history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dialog box typed history: Good evening, just a simple question, I use to have the history of my previous typed "cmd" in the run dialog box Can you tell me how to have back this helpful behaviour? thank you 160164
  5. File History-Not running auto cleanup of old versions.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History-Not running auto cleanup of old versions.: I use File History set to backup file versions daily and to keep for one month. The problem is file versions older than one month are not being cleaned up automatically. I have to manually clean up versions to remove the old ones. Does anyone know of a fix for this? 135477
  6. Run dialog box doesn't remember history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dialog box doesn't remember history: [img] All of a sudden my Run dialog box is empty. The icons on the left of the image are just part of my desktop. Also, if I put in something like "control printers" or gpedit.msc, they open, but the Run dialog box is empty the next time. I haven't made any updates recently,...
  7. IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?: Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either. I have...
  8. Unable to clear Windows 10 Run dialog history of recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to clear Windows 10 Run dialog history of recent files: I'm having problems with Windows 10 remembering recent files within the Run dialog. For example, if I press Windows key + R, and type the letter C into the dialog box, I get a list of recent files as follows:- [img] I have gone to Control Panel, File Explorer...
  9. How to disable run dialog history? (disable, not empty)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable run dialog history? (disable, not empty): How do I prevent windows from keeping a history of commands typed in the Run dialog box? I mean DISABLE not empty. The entries are in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU Is there a .reg to disable it? 77683
  10. Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

in Windows 10 Support
    Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions: I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps? This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if...