Windows 10: How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

Discus and support How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Like the first photo, sometimes Windows Defender shows which file it detected and quarantined. In this case, it's fine. [img] But, sometimes,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by taernef, Jul 18, 2016.

1. taernef Win User

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

Like the first photo, sometimes Windows Defender shows which file it detected and quarantined. In this case, it's fine.

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender [​IMG]

But, sometimes, it doesn't show what files it detected and quarantined, and shows only perhaps "quarantined" files, and I don't know what were the files! Moreover, like the photo below, if I go to the folders of the addresses, nothing welcomes me.

So how to check?
    Thanks!

:)

taernef, Jul 18, 2016
  2. RichJanis Win User

windows defender quarantine

Where is Windows Defender quarantine location in Windows 10? How do I see which files have been quarantined? How do I un-quarantine a file? How do I tell Windows Defender to consider a file as safe?

RichJanis, Jul 18, 2016
  3. How to recover all quarantine file from windows defender of windows 10...... and past quarantine files

How to recover all quarantine file from windows defender of windows 10...... and past quarantine files......

Satish Lal, Jul 18, 2016
  4. How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Local Copy

If nothing shows in there, it was not quarantined would be my guess.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 19, 2016
Thema:

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

1. How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - files are quarantined

2. Microsoft Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  3. Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  4. How recover file form Defender quarantine

How recover file form Defender quarantine: I use windows 20H2 and plugged in a usk drive with portable apps and windows defender deleted one of the files (a key reader & backup) to quarantine. I've used this stick many times and the file is clean, although I can understands as a key reader why Windows would block it...
  5. where is the quarantined defender files put?

where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  6. How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?: I have an intrusive file that isn't a virus, but is very intrusive, says I have viruses to force me to buy a "Premium" membership for it. Every time I delete it, it downloads itself back on to the computer. Could anyone help me on this?...
  7. [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?: [repost] Windows Defender on my laptop quarantined steam_api.dll as a false alarm. I thought it's actually a tojan so I clicked on the 'Remove' button. However, I just found out that the file was perfect and I wanna restore it now. It is visible in 'Full History' tab but...
  8. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  9. How to get my quarantined file back from Windows Defender?

How to get my quarantined file back from Windows Defender?: I followed the instructions to find the file, added it to the "allowed" list, but Defender will not let me restore it or access it - just shows as quarantined with no option to get it back. I'm going to keep the majority about what I think of this to myself because I don't...
  10. Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender: I accidently clicked on an dubious site looking for info I was told smartscreen wasn't working but the items had been stopped from entering folders . This was great , I ran the free version of Malwarebytes and it found 4 Items , they turned out to be PUPs and were put in...