Windows 10: How to know whether a user account is logged in?

Discus and support How to know whether a user account is logged in? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On previous versions of Windows, on the main login screen, where all the user accounts are displayed, Windows would inform us whether a user account is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tengeezer, Oct 14, 2016.

1. tengeezer Win User

How to know whether a user account is logged in?

On previous versions of Windows, on the main login screen, where all the user accounts are displayed, Windows would inform us whether a user account is signed in (or not). However, on Windows 10, this feature seems to have disappeared.

It just lists the user accounts on the left hand side of the screen, without mentioning whether it's logged in or not.

Is there anyway of enabling this?

Cheers.

:)

tengeezer, Oct 14, 2016

2. Activesync 4.5 and incomplete contacts list

Let's try this: Create a new user account on your PC and log on with account. Create an appointment on your device. Connect your device to sync. Whether the sync is successful or not, log on with your original user account and connect again. Let me know
    if this helps.

Linley Meslier, Oct 14, 2016
  3. How to know whether windows 10 is downloading or not?

1) 190 Countries started July 29. Yours should be included.

Because of the very large demand, MS says it might take

weeks to get the file(s) to everyone.

2) Only indirectly. Set "filemanager" to show hidden files/folders.

(THEN), Look for a new folder named $windows.~bt (or .~ws)

Do NOT change anything in those directories.

Don't worry if you only have one or the other.

If there is very little in there, it has only just begun.

Click on the little Window Icon and it will confirm your reservation and

ask you to wait.

You will be told when it finishes.

3) Yes, this is a robust system built for that. It will get what it can when it can

and never have to start over.

The entire process will take lots of space "end to end" since

you can "roll back" for 30 days. This will be a problem for space starved

units or tablets. As always, a complete "IMAGE" of the system in advance

is always good insurance. MacriumReflect(FREE) will record this to external

media.

RickG76989, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello tengeezer, *Smile

As a workaround, you can open the Task Manager in more details view, and click/tap on the Users tab to see a list of all users that are currently signed in. You can also sign off users from here.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

How to know whether a user account is logged in? [​IMG]

Brink, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

1. How to know whether a user account is logged in? - Similar Threads - whether user account

2. Windows 7 no user account to log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 no user account to log in: Dear All, it's bit urgent .. in my Windows 7 i had earlier only one admin account and by mistake got deleted. now since there is no single profile registered unable to use Laptop. i need you kind support urgent to solve the issue. after profile got deleted it asked please...
  3. How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?: Before using my Microsoft, account and pin I used to use a username. The username I used is Rickw. Even though I now use the new and improved name I am finding Rickw is still on my PC and has information in it. For instance, I have a download folder that has info in it If I...
  4. How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?

How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?: Before using my Microsoft, account and pin I used to use a username. The username I used is Rickw. Even though I now use the new and improved name I am finding Rickw is still on my PC and has information in it. For instance, I have a download folder that has info in it If I...
  5. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Pro. I created a simple .BAT file with the following location and filename:C:\PK_Temp\test.batCurrently, my test.bat file consists of just the following two commands ...Echo "Hi Paul" pause... When I run this .BAT file manually, the Windows Command...
  6. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Pro. I created a simple .BAT file with the following location and filename:C:\PK_Temp\test.batCurrently, my test.bat file consists of just the following two commands ...Echo "Hi Paul" pause... When I run this .BAT file manually, the Windows Command...
  7. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. User account image at log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account image at log-on: Win10 Pro 21H1 I don't want to see any image/icon mucking up my beautiful log-in screen. I can not, after reading and following dozens of threads, seem to delete it. I have deleted all images in these locations:...
  9. How do I know whether or not I have Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I know whether or not I have Windows 10?: How do I know if I have Windows 10 on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-whether-or-not-i-have-windows-10/7cf9e266-39ce-4944-a73b-5611bb407c6b
  10. User account log on icons

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account log on icons: Currently in Win10 the user accounts sit near the Windows button in the bottom left position. Is there any as in Win7 display to have these icons residing in the centre of the screen rather than down in the bottom left corner of the screen. 37874