Windows 10: How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account

Discus and support How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have the Windows Mail App on one of my 3 machines. The other to use Outlook 2016. Under Mail App (pop3 accounts) when I delete a message it removes... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Mar 7, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account

I have the Windows Mail App on one of my 3 machines. The other to use Outlook 2016. Under Mail App (pop3 accounts) when I delete a message it removes it from the Cox server. Neither of the 2 Outlook machines can find the message and Cox Webmail does not show it.

Is there a setting that will make the Mail App leave it on the server as Outlook does?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Mar 7, 2018
  2. gcianc Win User

How do I stop my phone from deleting emails from my work POP3 server?

there appears to be no "leave mail on server" option in the POP setup in WP7.

the obvious workaround is to change the mailbox setup to IMAP where all messages are stored on the server. i haven't seen a "pop" only mailserver in years.

the best POP solution is to link the account to HOTMAIL and in hotmail setup you can "leave messages on server". Then you'd have the mail pushed through hotmail and kept on the server.

gcianc, Mar 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mail app using POP account..where is "leave mail"(or alike) setting?

Hello,

On my Windows 10 x64 English installation, the mail app did in fact successfully register POP account and fetched my email. However in the course of the setting little was configurable and some settings that I've seen elsewhere(like Thunderbird) were not
    available.

Could someone help me out or explain to me:

Why Mail App won't let me set "Leave messages on server" for POP account?

On other mail apps I could configure certain days for mail client to wait so that mail storage could then be cleared of its copy. I could also set it to leave mail copies indefinitely on the server using the same option. I couldn't find that option on
    Windows 10 Mail app.

Is there any place it can be tweaked?

If there is no such option, what is the default behavior? Will it always leave a copy inside POP server? Will it delete automatically in some default period?

Thanks.

serialized_woot, Mar 7, 2018
Thema:

How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account

1. How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account - Similar Threads - leave messages server

2. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  3. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  4. Fix Account Message in Mail App

Fix Account Message in Mail App: I use Windows 10 with Version 1909 on a PC Suddenly, a couple of days ago, when I opened Mail, I got a notification that my settings were out of date. I clicked Fix Account. The screen showed the address of one of my two email accounts and asked for the password. I...
  5. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?: Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on the server or not. Thunderbird on my desktop lets me move deleted messages to trash folder. Email app on my Android phone...
  6. Mail App send your messages using this name

Mail App send your messages using this name: Hi Community, Since updating windows 10 and adding all my accounts back into the Mail app the option to : "send your messages using this name" had vanished from the sync options. Where can this now be found? [ATTACH]...
  7. how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server?

how to make outlook for windows 10 running in POP mode delete messages on the mail server?: hello, i am using microsoft outlook for windows 10. i have configured it to access an email account in POP mode. question 1) is it possible to configure it to access an email account in POP3 mode instead? as POP3 is superior to POP. or maybe it already is actually running...
  8. How to display pictures in Mail app messages

How to display pictures in Mail app messages: All of the pictures for my Mail app messages are icons. There used to be a way to requests the pictures of these icons to be downloaded. I can't find this option any more. How do I get then downloaded for the message that I'm displaying?...
  9. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.: I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have...
  10. With new Outlook.com, pop message are always "Leaved a copy"

in Browsers and Email
    With new Outlook.com, pop message are always "Leaved a copy": Ok this is not a software issue, it's a Microsoft Outlook.com issue, but I wanted a good place to ask and TenForums is great ! I have 2 "connected accounts" (gmail and b2b2c) and I've been using them for years without issue. But now there is one issue with the last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. leave on server windows mailapp