Windows 10: How to let Windows search for ALL new drivers for ALL devices?

Discus and support How to let Windows search for ALL new drivers for ALL devices? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 should find new drivers through the update mechanism, which doesnt work always though. And if you go into device manager and click on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mkdr, Oct 20, 2015.

1. mkdr Win User

How to let Windows search for ALL new drivers for ALL devices?

Windows 10 should find new drivers through the update mechanism, which doesnt work always though. And if you go into device manager and click on a device and do a look for new drivers, it always finds new ones with a high chance. But it' just stupid to click all 100 devices single through. Isnt there a smart way to do this? Why isnt there an option for search and download all devices drivers.

:)

2. how to search for all my .jpg files. have win 10

Press Windows key + R

Type: %userprofile%

Hit Enter

Click in the Search box

Type: *.jpg

It should show all the JPEGs in your user folder.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how to search for all my .jpg files. have win 10

Hi Jake,

Open Windows File Explorer (folder icon on your Taskbar

On the left click 'This PC'

Then in the searchbox on the top right, enter: *.jpg

(That isL star + dot + jpg)

That will search your hard drive for all jpg files

That's It!

DaveM121, Oct 20, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Update drivers from Device manager looks for drivers at MS only, whichever drivers were sent to MS from manufacturers. Many are complaining that MS pushes new drivers on their computers, even if they don't want to, so there's automatic driver update as soon as new ones become available at MS.
    There are programs like: Download SlimDrivers - MajorGeeks that check for driver updates at other places but are not a full substitute for checking for drivers at manufacturer's sites. There are other ones but some will ask for payment when they find them.

CountMike, Oct 20, 2015
  5. mkdr Win User
    You didnt understood. Yes I want to do that and there needs to be a way to do this. I want a database QUERY on the MS servers ON all DEVICES. IT doesnt do this automatically and clicking through all system devices doesnt make sense. There needs to be a way to kick in that search which should be in the system but doesnt get triggered very often.

6. CountMike New Member
    Sorry but I don't think it's possible and Windows don't have anything like that built in, third party programs only but none of them are 100% safe and that is probably what stops MS from doing same thing.
    As I said before, Windows do check for up to date status of any driver they have new driver for any particular part but only in their data base and MS wouldn't take responsibility (and I don't blame them) for anything going bad because of drivers that they didn't check themselves (WDM).

CountMike, Oct 20, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    You don't have to search for every single system device one-by-one! All these are part of the Chipset drivers, so visit Intel or AMD, get latest drivers, install them and you should be OK for long time. Manufacturers don't update drivers every few days! And even if they did, newer driver has hardly something new to add, so don't expect any performance improvement. Let alone the fact that it is risky to update chipset drivers if you don't need to! If it works, don't fix it, as the wise say.

For a full update of your drivers, all you need is Chipset, Graphics, Audio, LAN/WiFi/Bluetooth and any peripheral such as printer. There are less than 10 things to download, so do it manually is a lot safer.

spapakons, Oct 20, 2015
  8. mkdr Win User

Sigh.............. when I ask something on this forum there is reason I do this, so please dont tell me that I dont need this. I need if I am asking and there are reasons why. There is no chipset driver for this specific tablet, where the manufactor is some chinese oem one which doesnt give driver updates. Using a 3700 atom chipset package from other suppliers does not work because of different oem inf files. And driver packages for 3700 atom are old by intel, the ones on the ms server are newer.

9. CountMike New Member
    Sorry again but not all wishes can come true.

CountMike, Oct 20, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    If you can find latest drivers from the manufacturer, then install these. Any Vista or newer driver should work in Windows 10. The only problem is that Windows Update will try replacing old drivers and may screw things. So you have to hide any driver updates from Windows Update to avoid this. Look at this thread.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to let Windows search for ALL new drivers for ALL devices? - Similar Threads - let search drivers

2. Search not working at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search not working at all: The search beside start is not working at all. It will load infinitely and does nothing. It happens a long time ago and I ended up doing a clean installation. I dont want to do it again and I want to address this today. This is annoying since I use it often. Kindly help my...
  3. Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?: So as the Title says, I am looking for a way to just update all Bluetooth drivers at once, since Windows adds every Bluetooth device extra, and I don't have the taste to just go threw manually, and Windows update is no option because it wont give me the opportunity to just...
  4. Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?: So as the Title says, I am looking for a way to just update all Bluetooth drivers at once, since Windows adds every Bluetooth device extra, and I don't have the taste to just go threw manually, and Windows update is no option because it wont give me the opportunity to just...
  5. Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My search bar wont let my type at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My search bar wont let my type at all: My search bar once I click on it will close on its own without letting me type at all. I dont have any programs running in the background. I tried looking for solutions online but they arent effective. submitted by /u/tomtom1129 [link] [comments]...
  7. how to reset all windows search settings ?

in Cortana
    how to reset all windows search settings ?: how to reset all windows search settings , which i modified . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-all-windows-search-settings/a4a01bac-4b8d-49ed-a1c3-67ab1ca3a721
  8. Can Windows be made to search for driver updates for ALL devices?

Can Windows be made to search for driver updates for ALL devices?: Scenario: I was just replying to another thread and wanted to show someone how to go into Device Manager, select a device, choose "Update driver", then "Search automatically for updated driver software". In order to capture some screenshots, I just randomly decided to do...
  9. SNAILDRIVER - Automatically searches/installs all drivers

SNAILDRIVER - Automatically searches/installs all drivers: SnailDriver homepage. This nice little program searches for all drivers and allow automatically download and installation. Easy to use, with a clutter free interface and free. It seems there isn't any crapware bundled either. Handy for those clean installations. 43915
  10. Purging all drivers for a device type?

Purging all drivers for a device type?: Over the past few weeks I've been trying various Alfa Wi-Fi adaptors, and different drivers. I've now given up and bought a device (TP-Link) that has a driver built into Windows 10. However, when I plugged it in it seems to have picked up on an Alfa driver, possibly as the...