Windows 10: How to limit WMP access to specific locations?

Discus and support How to limit WMP access to specific locations? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First post here, though long-standing indebtedness to help from SevenForums. This seems a simple question though a thorough scouring of the Net... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IGB, Dec 20, 2017.

1. IGB
    IGB Win User

How to limit WMP access to specific locations?

First post here, though long-standing indebtedness to help from SevenForums.

This seems a simple question though a thorough scouring of the Net finds no answer.

I want to limit the drives which appear in the left pane of Media Player. In particular I have 2 external USB drives (I: and J*Smile which I do not want Media Player to have anything at all to do with. Inculding them and their media content simply complicates matters (there is purposefully much duplicated material). How do I acheive this?

TIA

:)

2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Jorgeej Win User
    Creating a playlist on a phone using Win mobile 6.0

Hi

I started using the Windows Media Player instead of the default music application on my phone, since it was very limited. So far WMP works fine but it plays the songs in a weird sequence and I would like to change that. I thought that if i created a playlist
    this would solve my problem, but I haven't been able to do it.

I tried using the WMP in my computer but it does not access the storage card in my phone. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

Jorge E Jaramillo

Jorgeej, Dec 20, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi IGB and welcome Ten forums!

Right click on Library and click Customize... Scroll down to Sync devices and uncheck all. This works with my WD drive, but will eliminate all of devices. Sure some combo can be found...

How to limit WMP access to specific locations? [​IMG]

AndreTen, Dec 20, 2017
  5. IGB
    IGB Win User
    Andre,
    Many thanks for your attention but while I learnt a lot from your post it really does not acheive my objectives. Your method certainly limits the number of options in the drop-down lists of the various locations shown in the navigation pane but this is a purely cosmetic effect. Media Player still collects media material from all devices on or connected to the PC. Even if you change the options in "Organize Libraries" to remove all locations for a category (Pictures say) Media Player merrily goes about it's business and collects picture information from hither and yon. Your screen cap would seem to indicate that your WD drive (a USB, I am assuming) does not appear in the navigation pane. I have not been able to acheive this.

If you go into the options multi-tab screen and go to the Devices Tab it is this list that I wish to edit. In other words I want to prevent Media Player even 'knowing' about the "J:" drive, say. If it doesn't know about the drive then it will not collect information and it will not display the drive icon in the Navigation Panel. But there seems to be no option to do this. Perhaps there is a registry tweak? Perhaps there is an ini file in windows somewhere?

If you have any further ideas then please post them, otherwise thank you for your attempts to help.

Thema:

1. How to limit WMP access to specific locations? - Similar Threads - limit WMP access

2. How to limit a folder's access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit a folder's access?: Using icacls i want to make a folderD:\AS not be able to access anything outside it like if i have cmd open on the path of the folder i cant cd out of it or i cant list dir of d or i cant make a file outside it or a script cant do anything thats outside it...
  3. How to limit a folder's access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to limit a folder's access?: Using icacls i want to make a folderD:\AS not be able to access anything outside it like if i have cmd open on the path of the folder i cant cd out of it or i cant list dir of d or i cant make a file outside it or a script cant do anything thats outside it...
  4. limited access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    limited access: When I log on to my laptop I can longer access my own desktop or programmes. I am the administrator on this laptop. There may have been a windows update preceding this problem. Is there a fix for this? I have tried reset and restore options and Restoro. However, when I...
  5. limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    limited access: When I log on to my laptop I can longer access my own desktop or programmes. I am the administrator on this laptop. There may have been a windows update preceding this problem. Is there a fix for this? I have tried reset and restore options and Restoro. However, when I...
  6. limited access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Blocking / Limiting internet access during specific hours of the day

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking / Limiting internet access during specific hours of the day: Good Day, I would like to configure my children's laptop, Windows 10, to only allow Zoom to access the internet during the hours of 8am and 4pm. Is this possible? The kids use Zoom for their remote classes, but I want to make sure they are not surfing the web during...
  8. WMP access to files on USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP access to files on USB: WMP only sees video files in top level directory , but not second or subsequent. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-access-to-files-on-usb/c74884e6-6e20-4ef9-91e7-cc6cc3a26713"
  9. locate a specific app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locate a specific app: I can not arrange apps where I can find to one I want. Can they be arranged alphabetically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-a-specific-app/4132a94b-e728-41d7-9f86-860ccd7baa42
  10. How to Move Google Chrome to Specific Location ???

in Browsers and Email
    How to Move Google Chrome to Specific Location ???: I don't use Chrome, but I have just downloaded the Enterprise standalone installer... Chrome Browser for Enterprise | Download & Support ...and installed Chrome on my test machine (1709, Windows 10 Pro). I can confirm that... a) even the Enterprise installer offers no...