Windows 10: How to list the ICS clients' IP addresses in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to list the ICS clients' IP addresses in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using ICS on Windows 10 (has both WiFi and Ethernet) to share Internet with other Windows 10 machines (on Ethernet) and is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rallabandi, Jan 26, 2018.

1. How to list the ICS clients' IP addresses in Windows 10?

Hello,
    I'm using ICS on Windows 10 (has both WiFi and Ethernet) to share Internet with other Windows 10 machines (on Ethernet) and is working perfectly fine. The Server is getting assigned 192.168.137.1 IP and the clients are getting IP's in the same subnet but with random IP addresses. I would like to know from the ICS server about the list IPs assigned to the ICS clients so that I can communicate with clients with IP. I don't have monitors connected to the clients, I access them vi RDP.

Please advise if it is possible to know the clients' assigned IPs (ofcourse, i can run a script with ping to each IP in the sequence to find out which IPs are UP but I don't want to do that way) from ICS server. If NOT then is there any easy free alternative to ICS?

Thanks

:)

rallabandi, Jan 26, 2018

2. How to can change settings ICS in Windows Mobile 6.5?

I've HTC Touch 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5 OS. I'am use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on this device for connect to internet on my laptop. Laptop gets default network settings from ICS on HTC:

IP: 192.168.0.102

Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (how i'am mind this is a IP address ICS on HTC)

DNS: 192.168.0.1

all OK, i've internet on laptop.

Next i'am want connect to my company network use VPN connection and this is a trouble. Company network use 192.168.0.0/24 IP addresses and VPN connection get IP address settings from this network, but default gateway still 192.168.0.1 (ICS on HTC device).
    My laptop is crazy, he sent all package to 192.168.0.1 and i'am can't access to my company network.

Question: How to can change ICS default settings in Windows Mobile 6.5 to different from company network settings (to example 192.168.2.0/24 network)?

Thanks.

MCTS

JediKnight, Jan 26, 2018
  3. saataja Win User
    No Gateway Reply - Usb Wifi Stick

ICS is effectively the same thing as "IPv4 packet forwarding". Enabling ICS configures your PC to act as an IP router between the internet connection (=PPPoE connection in your case) and another "local" network connection (=USB WLAN adapter in Adhoc mode).

I don't think you need to specifically disable IPv6 on your PC as long as the IPv4 is enabled and you have set up the ICS correctly.

Depending on how your PPPoE connection has been setup and your operating system version (e.g. ISP provided PPPoE client or XP/Vista built-in PPPoE client) you might have share either the Local Area Network connection or the PPPoE/ADSL connection. According
    to following link, PPPoE / ADSL is most likely the correct interface to share using ICS since you mentioned setting this up on Vista.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-105

Also take a look at "How to share PPPoE connection with ICS" instructions (although for XP):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316276

Note that you should select your WLAN Adhoc connection to be used as "Home networking connection" instead of LAN connection that is mentioned in step number 6. of the above mentioned kb316276 article.

There should not be any need to enter IP address, DNS servers and gateway details manually to you N85 since ICS should automatically enable your PC to provide IP addresses (192.168.0.x) via DHCP to client devices connecting to to your PC's ICS WLAN Adhoc
    network.

According to above mentioned links defining your WLAN USB adapter to become a ICS "Home connection" should have automatically configured this interface with static IP address 192.168.0.1 (netmask 255.255.255.0). If you choose to configure your N85 with static
    IP address settings (instead of leaving it to Automatic = DHCP) then "Default Gateway" setting on the phone should be your USB WLAN adapter's IP address instead of your PC's PPPoE interface IP address or the default gateway that your PC itself uses to access
    ISP / internet.

On the phone side you probably have already created new "Connection Method" (i.e. Internet Access Point) to your phone e.g. under "Internet" Destination with matching WLAN network name (SSID) and WEP key settings that your PC's WLAN adapter is configured
    with. To ensure correct WLAN operating mode on the phone verify that the "WLAN Network Mode" is set to Ad-hoc (instead of Infrastructure) on the given WLAN connection method you going to use when connecting to your ICS setup.

Note that you might end up with "No gateway reply" situation even if ICS has been correctly set up but you have e.g. mistakenly entered the WEP key incorrectly into the phone's or PC's WLAN settings.

If phone fails to connect to internet even after you are confident that ICS aspects have been correctly configured (and your PC itself can still access internet) you might perhaps carefully consider removing the WEP encryption momentarily from the PC's WLAN
    Ad-hoc connection and create another Ad-hoc mode WLAN connection method with matching settings (WLAN security mode = Open ) on your N85 and give it a try outruling the possibility that incorrectly entered WEP encryption key is causing connection to fail.

You should however avoid leaving your WLAN ad-hoc network permanently open and unprotected since even if security of the WEP encryption is almost obsolete it is still better than nothing and at least it keeps neighbours from using your network by mistake.

saataja, Jan 26, 2018
  4. sml156 Win User

How to list the ICS clients' IP addresses in Windows 10?

You could use arp in a command prompt It will not tell you the computer names just IP's

Code: arp -a[/quote] Here is a example in PowerShell although it works the same with the typical cmd prompt.

How to list the ICS clients' IP addresses in Windows 10? [​IMG]

sml156, Jan 27, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Jan 27, 2018
  6. Thanks sml156 & samuria. *Smile

arp worked great but Netbscanner (even though I chose "slowest" scan) did not show any IP when I gave whole subnet range. should I run it in cli mode with any option?

rallabandi, Jan 27, 2018
  7. sml156 Win User
    Netbscanner needs to know the IP range to scan, You can set that in options.

Also if you have Android phones it will not pick them up, Same as the ARP in command prompt unless you force the device to send out an arp.

I usually use a program called Softperfect network scanner I think it sends arp requests while also scanning for open ports (if you select ports in the options), The new version is not free (I think) but you can still find the older free version's on some of the well known and reputable download sites

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to list the ICS clients' IP addresses in Windows 10?

1. How to list the ICS clients' IP addresses in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - list ICS clients'

2. Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.: I am trying to manually set the client IKEv2 identity for the native Windows VPN client. The headend in this case in Cisco's FlexVPN Server, and there are specific policies that need to be applied per-user. The normal way to do this is to discriminate amongst connections...
  3. Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.: I am trying to manually set the client IKEv2 identity for the native Windows VPN client. The headend in this case in Cisco's FlexVPN Server, and there are specific policies that need to be applied per-user. The normal way to do this is to discriminate amongst connections...
  4. How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  5. How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  6. How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?

7. How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  8. How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  9. How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?

10. Android Remote Desktop Client IP Address Syntax - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android Remote Desktop Client IP Address Syntax - Windows 10: Hi Team! I can connect to my PC on my loacal network via the Android remote desktop app, but I am having trouble when I am on the cellular network for my phone. I got thr ip address for my Windows 10 Pro PC and a remote port number via www.myip.com. What syntax should I use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ics client dhcp

2. ICS static ip address

3. windows 10 ics dhcp settings

4. windows 10 ics dhcp lease list,
  5. look at dhcp for ics,
  6. change ics dhcp settings,
  7. list dhcp clients ics windows