Windows 10: How to log in to the guest account?

Discus and support How to log in to the guest account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello: I have successfully activated the hidden guest account by using the net user /guest:active command from an elevated command prompt. However,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Elizabeth, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Elizabeth Win User

How to log in to the guest account?

Hello:

I have successfully activated the hidden guest account by using the net user /guest:active command from an elevated command prompt. However, the account does not appear at the bottom left of my login screen along with the other accounts on my system, so I am unable to use the guest account. Does anyone have any ideas?*cry

:)

Elizabeth, Dec 3, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Dec 3, 2015
  3. nicoliani Win User
    Keyboard stops when switching accounts

I don't know, because I haven't tested it working.

I removed the keyboard drivers in device manager, and restarted, but it didn't fix the issue.

It behaves different as well. If I log into an guest account, then log into a admin account, it will work in the admin, if I switch back to guest, then it will stop working. And if switch back to admin account, same behavior. Then I need to log off both
    accounts, and it will work again in the login screen. If I do it other way around, admin to guest, it will stop working instantly when I'm in the guest.

How can I trouble shoot this and solve it?

nicoliani, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Kari, Dec 3, 2015
  5. KIM
    kim Win User
  6. Kari Win User
    PLEASE READ THE BELOW WARNING BEFORE TRYING THE ABOVE QUOTED TRICK:

How to log in to the guest account? [​IMG]
    Warning The built-in Guest user account is deprecated and does not work in Windows 10! If you try the above mentioned Group Policy trick and you sign in to Guest, you will get this error message:

Clicking Close the program just closes and re-opens the dialog, you can do nothing else than keep closing this dialog. Notice that in some cases the display flickers fast and the dialog shown above is not shown but the result is the same: you cannot use the Guest user account.

You can exit the Guest account by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and selecting Sign out:

Even if the trick you mentioned had worked, it's always a good idea to check the OP's system specs. In this case Elizabeth has not given much information but the most important detail regarding the workaround you linked is there: she has the Home edition of Windows 10 which does not allow editing group policies:

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to log in to the guest account? - Similar Threads - log guest account

2. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Guest Account auto-logging in.: Hello Microsoft Community,I've been having a problem with a guest account I want to add to my organizations systems. On each machine I want to add a local guest account that does not need a password to login, yet whenever you boot the system up, it automatically logs in to...
  3. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guest Account auto-logging in.: Hello Microsoft Community,I've been having a problem with a guest account I want to add to my organizations systems. On each machine I want to add a local guest account that does not need a password to login, yet whenever you boot the system up, it automatically logs in to...
  4. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Security LOG // Guest account fail logon // Something trying to use Guest account to logon...

Security LOG // Guest account fail logon // Something trying to use Guest account to logon...: Dears,I have this log, I did every search possible without any chance to solve, anyone have any idea how to solve,The LOG from Event viewer, An account failed to log on. Subject: Security ID: "Domain"\John.saw Account Name:...
  6. How to delete guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete guest account?: Recently I decided to change my pc name, however it made a guest account with the name I wanted to pc to have I tried to delete it by user account but I can't.. anyone know what to do? I had lock screen disabled but now it shows up....
  7. How to delete guest account?

How to delete guest account?: Recently I decided to change my pc name, however it made a guest account with the name I wanted to pc to have I tried to delete it by user account but I can't.. anyone know what to do? I had lock screen disabled but now it shows up....
  8. Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account: So i've had a laptop laying around for a few months not in use with no battery. I just powered it up as there was a few documents there i needed and a new update has been installed and it automatically logs me in to a guest account. I restart the computer and again it just...
  9. How to create a Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  10. How to remove Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove Guest account?: A while back I updated to windows 10 from Win7. For the last while I have occasionally gotten an error on boot that says something like "The windows Host Services has stopped working" and when I close the error I get a black screen. If I cntrl-alt-del I can restart the...