Windows 10: how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

Discus and support how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how to logoff a user from a computer with command prompt/cmd in windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Farid Mansoorian, Feb 23, 2024.

1. how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

how to logoff a user from a computer with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

:)

Farid Mansoorian, Feb 23, 2024

2. Remotely logoff users command with credentials

Hi areebyounus,

It's hard to tell why it's not accepting your credentials, however I can suggest an alternate solution.

Download PSTools from the following website:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d...

Unzip the files to a new folder located C:\PSTools

Then do the following:

- Open Command Prompt as administrator

- Enter: cd C:\PSTools

- Enter: psexec.exe \\<ENTER SERVER NAME HERE> cmd

- You will then be prompted for admin credentials

Once you have entered the correct credentials (remember to use DOMAIN\USERNAME, or SERVERNAME\LOCAL_USERNAME) you will have a Command Prompt session running from that particular server. You can then do the below steps to remotely log off a user:

- Enter: query session

- Note down the session ID of the user you wish to log off

- Enter: logoff # (where # is the ID number of the user above)

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Feb 23, 2024
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Feb 23, 2024
  4. cwtech Win User

how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

1. how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11 - Similar Threads - logoff user command

2. how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to logoff a user with command prompt/cmd in windows 11: how to logoff a user from a computer with command prompt/cmd in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-logoff-a-user-with-command-promptcmd-in/f7dd1b15-573f-4deb-8629-d8b8b1fe58f3
  3. Why wont the cmd prompt start this command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont the cmd prompt start this command?: So I am in the process of fixing my computer by repairing Windows 10 using SFC with the offline option but whenever I try to run "sfc /scannow /oofbootdir=e:\ /offwindir=C: \Windows" it doesn't work instead it gives me a list of commands that sfc can be used with as seen...
  4. Why wont the cmd prompt start this command?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont the cmd prompt start this command?: So I am in the process of fixing my computer by repairing Windows 10 using SFC with the offline option but whenever I try to run "sfc /scannow /oofbootdir=e:\ /offwindir=C: \Windows" it doesn't work instead it gives me a list of commands that sfc can be used with as seen...
  5. Why wont the cmd prompt start this command?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10

Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10: Hi, So, recently I've had this weird bug that I can't open my command prompt in normal mode or admin, the only way to open it is if I create a new user on my computer, this way I can open it but only in the new user session. When trying to open it it flashes, opens and...
  7. Check disk at command prompt CMD

Check disk at command prompt CMD: Hello,I also appealed to the Microsoft community where I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful check disk commands in the command prompt CMDThank you!Wait for response!A good day!...
  8. Check disk in command prompt CMD

Check disk in command prompt CMD: Hello, I also appealed to the Microsoft community in which I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful command disk commands in command prompt CMD Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  9. Remotely logoff users command with credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remotely logoff users command with credentials: Hi. I am in need to remotely shutdown servers, i know a command that is "logoff SessionID /server:ComputerName" but this doesn't accept any credentials parameter and i need to run it on powershell that is logged in with the admin credentials of that particular server, the...
  10. CMD command prompt (CPT) usage and explanations

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD command prompt (CPT) usage and explanations: I was wondering why file not found would occur when I try to access a DIR command on a directory.*Rolleyes DIR name >> file.txt Sincerely, 26623