Windows 10: how to lower brightness for laptop screen

Discus and support how to lower brightness for laptop screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to lower brightness for laptop screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by beverlyandalex, Jul 14, 2018.

1. how to lower brightness for laptop screen

how to lower brightness for laptop screen

:)

beverlyandalex, Jul 14, 2018

2. How to lower Screen brightness?

I don't like how my laptop screen is very bright and it hurts my Eyes. Is there any way to lower down the brightness on Windows 10 Using a Laptop?

Santino Fricchione, Jul 14, 2018
  3. How to lower Screen brightness?

Hi Santino,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Display.
    • In the right pane, click on Advanced Display Settings.
    • Click on Color Calibration under Related Settings.
    • Provide password (if any) for the UAC prompt and click on OK.
    • Click on next and follow the on screen prompts to adjust the brightness and contrast.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 14, 2018
  4. how to lower brightness for laptop screen

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

how to lower brightness for laptop screen

1. how to lower brightness for laptop screen - Similar Threads - lower brightness laptop

2. LAPtop screen not bright

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPtop screen not bright: laptop screen not bright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-not-bright/f73461e3-2863-4e47-a2a9-03b558c50615
  3. My brightness is not getting lowered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  4. My brightness is not getting lowered

My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  5. The brightness is automatically lowered

in Windows 10 Customization
    The brightness is automatically lowered: Hello, good morning, afternoon or evening, recently my laptop has been completely formatted and a problem that has arisen is that currently every time I play a video in full screen on youtube or in windows player, as soon as the cursor disappears, the video automatically...
  6. The brightness is automatically lowered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The brightness is automatically lowered: Hello, good morning, afternoon or evening, recently my laptop has been completely formatted and a problem that has arisen is that currently every time I play a video in full screen on youtube or in windows player, as soon as the cursor disappears, the video automatically...
  7. The brightness is automatically lowered

8. Lowering monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lowering monitor brightness: My Dell monitor had a good brightness range but I'm stuck with my HP laptop now and I can't make it dim enough at night. I tried an app from the Microsoft Store but it has the same brightness range as my laptop. Is there a registry hack or something that can let me lower...
  9. lowering brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    lowering brightness: hi, i can't lower brightness from the notification bar and when I go in settings. i also went in the device manager and nothing was wrong, but my brightness stays high I also cant lower it if I use the brightness keys on the keyboard. it just seems stuck on the high level....
  10. How to Reduce windows screen Brightness lower than usual brightness slider lower limit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Reduce windows screen Brightness lower than usual brightness slider lower limit: I'm a Windows & Mac user, While I use windows facing eye irritation problem due to the over brightness but I use the lowermost most value available in the brightness slider, I feel even that is too high for me, tried using third party apps they're applying screen filter not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mylaptop brightness too high lowering brightness other than software