Windows 10: How to make 4 in 1 installation USB?

Discus and support How to make 4 in 1 installation USB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created the 64bit & 32bit Windows 10 Pro installation USB using the create USB option of Media Creation Tool. Does anyone know how to add 64bit &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NavyLCDR, Aug 16, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

How to make 4 in 1 installation USB?

I created the 64bit & 32bit Windows 10 Pro installation USB using the create USB option of Media Creation Tool. Does anyone know how to add 64bit & 32bit Windows 10 Home to the same USB so that the Setup program asks me which one of the 4 versions I want to install?

I know that I can create Pro and Home folders on the USB and move the extracted files from the USB to their respective folders and move the version I want to install to the root of the USB before booting, but I would really like to have all four options available from Setup.

:)

NavyLCDR, Aug 16, 2015
  2. rjkenobi Win User

HOW TO MAKE ALBUM ART APPEAR AS EASY AS 1-2-3G

If you already uploaded your Album Art in the WMP11 using advance tag editor. Go to the the Album Art option box in Advance Tag Editor and select 'FRONT COVER' and there you go.

Cheers!!! How to make 4 in 1 installation USB? :)

rjkenobi, Aug 16, 2015
  3. mogara(2) Win User
    HOW TO MAKE ALBUM ART APPEAR AS EASY AS 1-2-3G

What pixel size needs to be used in Album Art (E72/E5)?

mogara(2), Aug 16, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

I think at this point, you can only do 32 or 64 bit. I've seen Windows 7 install disks that were 41-in-1, that had both 64 and 32 bit bit they were made by someone, they wanted to have all versions on one installer. I don't know how they did it. I'm sure they is a way to make one, but MS is not distributing any installers that are both 32 and 64. I'd love to have one as well, it would make repair simple for me.

Maybe you could partition a flash drive, stick the 32 and 64 installers each on a separate partition, then you can make some kind of Autorun or bootloader that can choose the autoruns from each disk?

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    It's to do with slipstreaming, I have used this in the past for adding software to a OS to install during the install such as drivers for raid however I have not used it for this reason.

This is how to do it for windows 7, have a read and see if it helps How to Create an Integrated x86/x64 Windows 7 Install DVD - gHacks Tech News

It is most certainly possible I have checked the unofficial websites and it is available as x64 and x32 in one ISO as a 4gb download.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I've seen it on the unofficial sites too, but not about to trust them to not put something extra in there. I'm installing the Windows 10 ADK now to play with it.
    Kits and tools for Windows 10 - Windows 10 Hardware Dev Center

NavyLCDR, Aug 16, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    1. Make a dual architecture USB install stick with the Media Creation Tool. I used the Pro version, both 32bit and 64bit. I think Home would work just as well, as long as you make a USB stick with both 32bit and 64bit versions.
    Windows 10

2. Download both the 32bit and 64bit ISOs from here:
    Tech Bench

3. On your USB stick, delete everything within the x86 and x64 folders. Do not delete those folders themselves, just everything in them.

4. Mount the 64bit ISO you downloaded in step #2. Copy all the files within that ISO into the x64 folder that you emptied on the USB stick.

5. Mount the 32bit ISO you downloaded in step #2. Copy all the files within that ISO into the X86 folder that you emptied on the USB stick.

That's it! Boot from the USB stick and it will ask you if you want to install 32bit or 64bit. Pick one. Skip entering the product key and it will ask you if you want to install Home or Pro! Also, running setup.exe from the USB inserted in an operating computer seems to want to do the upgrade, but I don't have anything to upgrade to verify it all the way through.

NavyLCDR, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Just noticed your post, good job. Off to make one now.

Ztruker, Aug 19, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Required an 8GB or larger flash drive as it used 7.92GB of a 16GB flash drive.

One change suggestion:

2. Download both the 32bit and 64bit ISOs (each contain Home and Pro) from here:

Works Great!!!!

When I booted I got a boot manger screen with a choice of Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit.
    Selecting either took me to the screen where you enter the key.
    I clicked on Skip then the next screen had a choice of Home or Pro.

Thanks again for a good tool.

Ztruker, Aug 19, 2015
  10. XweAponX Win User
    Yes I've seen installers like that. I have a 32-in-1 Windows XP installer, I don't know how they did it, but on one 4gb DVD, it holds over 16gb of Data. You can see it if you open the disk with UltraISO, the extra data is compressed.

I pore through those sites now and then, there are a few names I have come to trust, they create multi-install disks without adding anything to them. That's all I need, the untouched install disk.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  11. It must default to one or the other?! And it takes a little longer to see things load up. While having 8gb flash drives onhand those will be Recovery Drives I make up later once a few more upgrades take place.

It took several minutes from the 32bit/64bit options you first see until reaching the Install Now screen which was proceeded by a solid blue screen lighter in color of course compared to the darker blue for BSODs. A few minutes pass after the Install Now to see the license agreement but not the option for choosing which edition. The next screen after checking of the agree box was where 10 was going to be installed where once the storage drive was selected it immediately started unpacking files until the reset button kept that from going any further.

While in Windows on the previous attempt where you would only expect the upgrade option only it required a new key from detecting the existing 10 install already on! There wasn't any skip option leaving this media out for any type of Upgrade to Repair type install. The mystery however was why the screen for choosing Home or Pro never appeared. Both 32/64 ISOs were downloaded direct from the site as well as allowing the MC tool to see the 16gb flash drive made up with the Pro combo.

Night Hawk, Sep 4, 2015
  12. I also never got the screen asking me to choose Home or Pro.

DeaconFrost, Sep 9, 2015
  13. How to make 4 in 1 installation USB?

I had stepped for a brief minute to check on something and found myself looking at which drive should 10 be installed to after selecting the custom install option for which edition? I had to immediately assume it was never there. Something went wrong in the process. The Retail/System builder for sale type isos were unpacked into the 32bit and 64bit folders while the only thing seen was the 32bit or 64bit option and then a long wait to get to the Install Now screen followed by the license agreement and onto the choice of upgrade or custom install.

Once I clicked the next button on the storage drive and file copy started I halted everything. I wanted to see if the Home/Pro option would appear in the wrong sequence before assuming it was one or the other being the question of which one would go on.

I have UltraISO here and used that for both dvd and flash drives for more then one OS! I still have the unlocked 7 iso with SP1 slipstreamed when that got discussed years back at SF. Still have the locked with SP1 as well for the 32bit as well as 64bit. For this however I wasn't looking at just one edition as far as having multiple machines to upgrade but rather then carrying four flash drives or four dvds around this could be stuffed into a two flash drive key chain holder along with the 128gb data recovery drive I made up recently.

Night Hawk, Sep 9, 2015
  14. Ztruker Win User
    This is what my 4 in 1 flash drive structure looks like:

W104IN1].zip

I used Treesize Free, Expand all then print to Foxit PDF Printer to generate the pdf.

Ztruker, Sep 10, 2015
  15. I got about the same but slightly more from adding a few things at the root of the 16gb flash drive itself. That brought it up from 6.7gb used to 6.92gb used having a separate folder for an imaging program as well as a 64bit web browser for another option. Many from the start will not like Edge! The 64bit variant of FireFox as well as pinning the 64bit IE 11 from browsing the Program Files\Internet Explorer folder will see to it a working browser is available over Edge now in it's apparent infancy.

Those were put on after the 4 in 1 was made up and don't interfere since they have to be run in Windows not being able to be started when booted live. But something despite the folder to folder copy and paste from extracting the 64bit into the 64bit on the flash drive folders something simply is not there or not loading like it should to see the option for selecting the edition appear. There's a glitch in the process somewhere. Now I will simply nuke the contents from the two folders on the flash drive and try extracting to them again to see if all files do get unpacked as they are supposed to.

Night Hawk, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

1. How to make 4 in 1 installation USB? - Similar Threads - installation USB

2. Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...: Title: "USB Autorun Not Working Without Installation of Third-Party Software"Description: Hi everyone,I'm encountering an issue with USB autorun on my Windows computer. I have a specific file on a USB drive that I want to automatically open when I plug in the drive. However,...
  3. Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can USB autorun be enabled on Windows without installing third-party software? Tried...: Title: "USB Autorun Not Working Without Installation of Third-Party Software"Description: Hi everyone,I'm encountering an issue with USB autorun on my Windows computer. I have a specific file on a USB drive that I want to automatically open when I plug in the drive. However,...
  4. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?: Hey everyone! I'm currently facing a bit of a challenge and could really use some guidance. I've recently needed to create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer, but there's a twist—I need to do it from my Mac. I understand that the process might be a bit different compared to...
  5. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?: Hey everyone! I'm currently facing a bit of a challenge and could really use some guidance. I've recently needed to create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer, but there's a twist—I need to do it from my Mac. I understand that the process might be a bit different compared to...
  6. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I can not install USB printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  8. I can not install USB printer

I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  9. Windows 10 pro keeps installing the same usb device driver for my 360 usb game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro keeps installing the same usb device driver for my 360 usb game controller: Windows 10 Pro keeps installing the same USB device driver for my 360 USB game controller and when this happens, the Netgear A6210 WIFI USB driver disconnects and crashes the network driver, The device manager shows that Windows could not load the device driver because it...
  10. Windows 10 pro keeps installing the same usb device driver for my 360 usb game controller

Windows 10 pro keeps installing the same usb device driver for my 360 usb game controller: Windows 10 Pro keeps installing the same USB device driver for my 360 USB game controller and when this happens, the Netgear A6210 WIFI USB driver disconnects and crashes the network driver, The device manager shows that Windows could not load the device driver because it...