Windows 10: How to make a not in pace repair installation?

Discus and support How to make a not in pace repair installation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry all for the title issue of this thread. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cypherinfo, Nov 16, 2015.

1. How to make a not in pace repair installation?

Sorry all for the title issue of this thread.

cypherinfo, Nov 17, 2015
  2. spapakons Win User

I said to try boot from the DVD and repair from there, since booting from the disk may fail.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  3. May you address me an article to explain in details your point pls?

cypherinfo, Nov 17, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

How to make a not in pace repair installation?

If the hard disk has problems, trying to repair Windows from there may fail due to access issues. Booting from the Windows 10 DVD or USB should be independent of these problems and allow you to troubleshoot your computer.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Sorry, you need to reference e detailed option.

cypherinfo, Nov 17, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    OK, boot from Windows 10 DVD (or USB) Wait until you see the Setup now screen. At bottom left there should be a link "Repair". Click on that and it will try to repair startup on the Windows 10 installation detected on hard disk. This may slove the problem and prompt you to restart and check. But usually does nothing and suggest you to try more advanced troubleshooting options. If you click to see these options, there should be System Restore. Click on that to see the available restore points. Try the most recent one (by date) first. If it succeeds you should be on Windows 10 desktop and a message should tell you it was successful. Otherwise, try the fist older, then a bit older, until one of them succeeds. I usually avoid the most recent that has little probability to fix the problem and try directly the previous.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  7. As I written before I've already tried Restore point and other available options with no result.

cypherinfo, Nov 17, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

There is another possibility. Maybe for some reason BIOS loaded some default settings and affected the hard disk configuration. See if changing from AHCI to IDE or vice versa helps. Also move your hard disk on top in hard disk priority so the system will try this first when it comes to hard disk.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  9. You missed the point; if you just read my previous posts *Smile

cypherinfo, Nov 17, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    I just referred it as another possible cause for your problems. I have recently seen that on a Windows 7 PC. It could not boot or repair, whatever I tried. I checked the disk and found it OK, when I spotted in BIOS that it was set to AHCI. When I set that to IDE it booted into Windows 7 without any issue!

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  11. I think your issue related to Windows 7 is different from mine.

cypherinfo, Nov 17, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    Yes I know, but I said that as a possible cause, if everything else fails.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  13. Kyhi Win User

to repair any damaged windows 10 boot files... Open command prompt(admin) in windows 8.1

type> bcdboot D:\windows

to do a windows 10 repair from within windows 8.1

Mount your setup media ISO downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

and then from CMD Prompt(admin)
    type> Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:X:\sources\install.wim /Index:1 /ApplyDirHow to make a not in pace repair installation? :D:\

X
    being the drive letter assigned to the mounted ISO

this will over-write the windows system files on D:\

since you have access to D;\ through C:\ - copy any files you want saved first to another drive

Thema:

1. How to make a not in pace repair installation? - Similar Threads - pace repair installation

2. How to repair Windows Installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repair Windows Installation?: BACKGROUND:I have a Dell Latitude e5530 running Windows 10 Pro Build 2004 with 2 main partitions, C: Windows and F:Personal. Windows 10 was slowing down my PC and raising my fan speeds, therefore I decided that on July 10, 2022, I would dual boot Windows 8.1 Pro Build 9600,...
  3. How to repair Windows Installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to repair Windows Installation?: BACKGROUND:I have a Dell Latitude e5530 running Windows 10 Pro Build 2004 with 2 main partitions, C: Windows and F:Personal. Windows 10 was slowing down my PC and raising my fan speeds, therefore I decided that on July 10, 2022, I would dual boot Windows 8.1 Pro Build 9600,...
  4. How to repair Windows Installation?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Best wifi setup AT&T Pace 5268AC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best wifi setup AT&T Pace 5268AC: I have AT&T 46mbs (best I can get from them). They use the Pace 5268AC combo router modem (gateway). I have an option to run 2.4 with a separate SSID from the 5ghz side. This then presents BOTH bands. If the SSIDs are the same I only SEE one selection for a wifi connection. I...
  6. Pace license managing software for iLok installs, but breaks my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pace license managing software for iLok installs, but breaks my computer: I have downloaded the Pace/iLok software and successfully installed it up to the point that a restart is required. As the boot begins, I get the error message that a SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Going through every option available, the only one that gets the...
  7. I'm not able to make a repair install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm not able to make a repair install: This is a continuation of this: Several issues since a week ago. So now, i downloaded the lastest iso and then i made all of the steps, and when the installation gets to 100% after 2 minutes it says: "there's an error with the windows installation" then i downloaded this:...
  8. How to recover the shortcut pace in quick access Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover the shortcut pace in quick access Explorer.: I have check in a file in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent folder, but there is no Recent folder, only an empty Recent Items folder. I searched C:\ for that named file AutomaticDestinations, but it is nowhere to be found, nor is it listed in the...
  9. iLok PACE error installing cannot find _installer.msi, tpkd.sys incompatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iLok PACE error installing cannot find _installer.msi, tpkd.sys incompatible: i had an old iLok installation and after windows update it's all stopped to work. it was a v3.1.7.1901 of 2017 well first you can disable loading driver tpkd.sys in registry or move it from system32/drivers in windows/installer folderi had 3d21e.msi 451f672.msi, but you can...
  10. How to make a DVD repair or recovery drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a DVD repair or recovery drive: Windows 10 only makes USB recovery drives. How do I make a DVD repair or recovery drive? 15061